Jump to content Jump to content

Patch 1.5 discussion thread

jennyannem

• Social Media & Community Team
Hi all, 

Patch 1.05 has just been released on PS4. We're aiming to have this come to PC tomorrow afternoon, and to Xbox One, with 1.4, tomorrow evening, though the latter is pending approval.

To read the patch notes, just head here: http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/56775/patch-1-05-notes 

Notice something not right after this patch? Let us know here!

• Social Media & Community Team
I'd already started my career before this patch. Do I have to start another one so that those bugs can be corrected or will they be adapted to my current career??
It won't affect already worn parts, but it should affect your current career mode. If you find it doesn't, please let us know.

Must admit I'm amazed at how rapid Codemasters are putting out the updates to fix issues people are having, two post-release updates in two days. 
Sounds like this update fixes one of the bugs I'd seen with the gearbox issues even after a new part being fitted. 
Hopefully the one with the AI overtaking during the safety car period and getting penalised when trying to get the place back gets fixed soon.

i know people are bashing CM quite hard with the bugs that have been unearthed since the release but I have faith that they're listening and working hard to fix them. 

any idea when we can expect patches for stuff below 

• Random shadows 
• Losing FFB on controller and wheel 
• AI too fast in qualy 
• cars sounding like Formula E cars
• numbers disappearing on cars 
• “0” appearing on car when “1” is selected. 

I'd already started my career before this patch. Do I have to start another one so that those bugs can be corrected or will they be adapted to my current career??
It won't affect already worn parts, but it should affect your current career mode. If you find it doesn't, please let us know.
So when I fit in a new engine and gearbox, that's when the patch changes will have an effect, right??

@jennyannem:
Is there a possibility (or already existing?if yes where?) to get an overview which "bugs" are already noticed by Codemasters and "on the list" for improvement?
I guess this would help all users and you(CM) wont get 10 topics to the same issue?!

JayJay686 said:
@jennyannem:
Is there a possibility (or already existing?if yes where?) to get an overview which "bugs" are already noticed by Codemasters and "on the list" for improvement?
I guess this would help all users and you(CM) wont get 10 topics to the same issue?!
We need such thing:

Issue / Status
Example: Low Texture Issue / Pending
Example: Multiplayer DSQ Issue / Solved with 1.04
Example: 25% Race Length Wear Issue / Solved with 1.05

JayJay686 said:
@jennyannem:
That'd be a great idea. If we notice a bug, we can check the list and know it's been picked up by Codemasters instead of making threads and crossing our fingers

Is the sound being fixed Jeff is so quiet? And I think the ai needs looking at they are super fast in practice and qually and are so slow in race!! You should have a serperate difficulty for qually and race sessions would sort so many issues 

JayJay686 said:
@jennyannem:
We need such thing:

Issue / Status
Example: Low Texture Issue / Pending
Example: Multiplayer DSQ Issue / Solved with 1.04
Example: 25% Race Length Wear Issue / Solved with 1.05
Yes perfect... that would avoid so many requests!

Important Issues that still need to be addressed... (Online)

- Blue Flags at the start of the race.
- Texture issues.
- Random ForceFeeeback loss during race 
- Random kicking from lobbies in qualifying 
- Collisions/Rules and Flags being turned off mid race 
- Random Shadows 
- Safety Car/VSC being very rare Online and Offline.

Garnett89 said:
wow!, with this patch today, you don't change the really important bug (qualyfing and SC) perfect!!, the next patch,?? 15 days minimum??? come on!! the important bug it's another!! how many days need wait???
Relax dude. Codemasters works hard to fix every bug and problem! 
relax???!!! every year it's the same story!! my money took them all right now, not to rate! So i want a whole game not a rate... i buy the game 25 august, when i play this game?? 25 september??
it's 1 week if don't play because with this bug the career it's umplayable...

I just downloaded the patch so I hope it really fixed the engine and gearbox wear on 25% races. I think I have to start a new career cause it completely ruined my career mode. I had to invest everyting in reliabillity, or else I would have had to use about 10 engines per season!

Other bugs still need to be fixed:
- Sometimes the sky is totally tripping, the background is constantly flickering, so that still needs to be fixed.
- Sometimes the AI is driving lap after lap in a perfect train. A bunch of cars are driving around as if they are attached to each other and are on a train track, they drive so close in a perfect train without any car moving of the line, until a certain point were all of a sudden the train is breaking away and they finally start racing.
- I have been outqualified by my teammate by 54 seconds, because somehow his lap time was mistaken for his time in the first sector. Maybe this time is the time they set when the session ends, they are driving around and only finished the first sector when the time runs out and the game thinks that thats their laptime.

The game has so much potential, Codemasters has pushed the franchise in the right direction, but all the I's still need the dots put on them, so there is still some work to be done.

Archived