Sign in to follow this  

F1 2014 Singapore Grand Prix

That raced seemed to suck, yet had it been last year it would have been race of the season. Just goes to show you how enjoyable F1 is this year.

Guted for Alonso & Kimi, both could have done better if not for the safety car. Also, Massa out doing Bottas cleanly now, which is a change. Also more what I expected at the start of the year. Hope he keeps up his 'traditional' end of season form.

I've just done some basic statistics workings out and here's what I've found.
- Mercedes should probably wrap up the constructors' title next time out at Suzuka
- Only Red Bull can take that constructors' title away from Mercedes
- Hamilton, Rosberg, Ricciardo, Alonso, Vettel and Bottas are the only drivers who can mathematically still win the title
- Marcus Ericsson could win the next five races and finish 4th in the drivers' championship
- Caterham could acheive 1-2's at the next five races and finish 3rd in the constructors' championship

- Mercedes should probably wrap up the constructors' title next time out at Suzuka
- Hamilton, Rosberg, Ricciardo, Alonso, Vettel and Bottas are the only drivers who can mathematically still win the title
- Marcus Ericsson could win the next five races and finish 4th in the drivers' championship
- Caterham could acheive 1-2's at the next five races and finish 3rd in the constructors' championship
What the hell are you on? :p 

Also here are some title scenarios (From F1technical)

Hamilton wins the next four races, Rosberg comes home 2nd. 

Rosberg wins Abu Dhabi and Hamilton only needs to take a 5th place in the race to win by 1 point. 

Hamilton wins the next three races, Rosberg wins the 4th. 
Rosberg wins Abu Dhabi and Hamilton needs to come home in 2nd to win by 3 points. 

Hamilton wins the next two races, Rosberg the two after that, both come second in their teammates wins. 
Whoever wins Abu Dhabi is champion.

I don't know about you, but I prefer the 3rd one :D

Vettels monkey seat was broken during the race (I didn't even realise, but it gives extra downforce).

http://imgur.com/YSukYtB

Oh my god, Andrew Benson is the worst F1 writer I've ever seen.

So this article on BBC F1 that he wrote is called 'Magnussen treated for heat injuries'.

Well Magnussen actually tweeted that the reports that he had had burns and had medical treatment "were a bit exaggerated - I was just hot and sweaty". 

So you'd expect Benson to maybe delete the article after this as the story is false. But hang, on HE REFERS TO THE TWEET IN THE BLEEDING ARTICLE. So still the headline is that he was treated for heat injuries, even though he fully knows that he didn't.

I'm not one for sending complaining Emails but seriously, this is stupid. BBC please sack him.

Also, anyone else who thought for a moment that the SC would come out and Vettel would win when the yellows came out when Button stopped?

mike96 said:
Also, anyone else who thought for a moment that the SC would come out and Vettel would win when the yellows came out when Button stopped?
I was mentally preparing myself for the finger and his screaming.

Got a bit bored on lunch, so here's how the championship would look with the old points system. I'll add Ricciardo too in a minute.

Kewl. Could you do it with the 10-6-4-3-2-1 system aswell? Bet HAM would be ahead then as wins counted so much more than 2nd places back then.

@PeteTheDuck‌ 

This guy is worse than Benson....

http://www.planetf1.com/race-features/9482832/Winners-And-Losers-Singapore

Vergne was star of that race, not Lewis. Sure what he did was good, but lets be honest here, he has the fastest car and near the end, fresh tyres. Vettel was a mobile chicane for him at that point. 

Look out for his team mate wars, the guy is crazy.

mike96 said:
"Planet F1"

I stopped reading.
Lol yeah pretty much how I feel. 

Some guy yesterday was slating Vettel because "he could have helped the team and moved over" and that if he was behind Ricciardo he'd have demanded it happen. He then said he was losing respect for him fast. Even though Vettel has received a lot of praise for how he has gone about this season and handled himself so far. 

His IQ level must be incredibly low. 

AMS97KRR said:
mike96 said:
"Planet F1"

I stopped reading.

Some guy yesterday was slating Vettel because "he could have helped the team and moved over" and that if he was behind Ricciardo he'd have demanded it happen. He then said he was losing respect for him fast. Even though Vettel has received a lot of praise for how he has gone about this season and handled himself so far. 

I can see his point though.
Does that mean I'm mentally deficient?

AMS97KRR said:
mike96 said:
"Planet F1"

I stopped reading.

I can see his point though.
Does that mean I'm mentally deficient?
 Yes

There's 258 points still available and they're 174 ahead of Red Bull. So unless Red Bull have a complete disaster, I'd say it is very unlikely that Mercedes will wrap up the WCC in Suzuka. It's only a matter of time after that though, obviously. 

Just a quick point. Rosberg should have a new gearbox for Suzuka as the 5 are up since Silverstone (plus he's allowed a fresh one anyway as he retired). That means this should be his last for the season, so it'll be at the end of its life at Abu Double.

Hamilton, meanwhile, got a new one after Spa. Therefore his is due for renewal after Austin, so it'll be three races fresher than Rosberg's in the finale...