Jump to content Jump to content

F1 2014 Singapore Grand Prix

mike96 said:
mike96 said:
Maybe he was using an old engine for free practice. But if not, he may have to use a 6th one.
Wait they have different engines for each session? as said by Ted.
No, it's just an older engine.
Ted said that Vettel won't get a penalty because that was a Friday engine.
Yeah, he meant it was an engine used at the earlier part of the season.
fIsince08 said:
I dread to think how many laps are going to be missed off due to the 2 hour limit....
It's gonna be very close. If they did 1:50's every lap for the entire race then that would be about 1 hour 50 minutes I believe. Then you have a couple of pit stops which should add another 45 seconds? Plus it's very likely there'll be a safety car, so it should be right on the limit.
fIsince08 said:
I dread to think how many laps are going to be missed off due to the 2 hour limit....
It's gonna be very close. If they did 1:50's every lap for the entire race then that would be about 1 hour 50 minutes I believe. Then you have a couple of pit stops which should add another 45 seconds? Plus it's very likely there'll be a safety car, so it should be right on the limit.
I can't remember how long the SC was out for last year, but even with the V8s and the super Red Bull Vettel's time was 1:59:13.132. Add on a couple of minutes for the slower cars and we'll lose two or three laps.