Sign in to follow this  

F1 2014 Career Mode

Hi Guys,

I really want codies to ensure that with F1 2014 they bring back the "live the life, be the driver" aspect of the game.
This can be achieved through various such features:

- FP1/FP2 sessions which are planned out by teams to and involve both long race runs and short quali runs along with driver feedback to improve setup with engineer
- Ability to walk around the garage, talk to engineers, see team mate comparison data would be awesome !
- Team radio needs to be seriously overhauled with the ability to talk, through headsets/kinect, to the engineer during the race
- Would love to see more reaction and media frenzy typically associated with F1. This, in my opinion, would be best served by the pre race grid with BBC and Sky walking around while the driver sits in their car doing final checks about tyres/weather etc with engineer!

Any other ideas about career mode would be awesome because as a fan of F1 career mode is where I spend the majority of my time, however, currently it leaves a lot to the imagination....  

And I want a social media account that shows my popularity. Instead of career points you get fans. In real F1 you don't get career points but you get fans.

And I want my name on the car and on my suit. I hate it to drive in someone else's car or have to use the suit from the driver you are replacing. Why would I wear Nico gloves when driving for Mercedes? 

I think personnel customisation is an awesome idea!
Even in a purely marketing business sense I'm sure Alpinestars and Sparco etc would love to see if given a choice which designs gamers choose so that they can use that for their real life products.

Like on Fifa where players can chose there boots, it would be awesome if gamers could chose different glove designs and even suits :)

I'm sure the producers: Puma, Alpinestars etc would think its a great idea for market research

In terms of licensing, if there is an issue, if your driving for Mercedes you can only choose Puma. Or Alpinestars for Red Bull that would still be cool :)

Like the idea about fan appreciation, how about banners in the crowd with your name on it??

I agree with a lot in the first post.... Game definately needs more buzz after races and atmosphere.

Also would LOVE the ability to create your own F1 team and take on the big boys... sorting out sponsors and upgrades. (One can wish)

Split Screen co-op would be nice too codies ;)

And I want a social media account that shows my popularity. Instead of career points you get fans. In real F1 you don't get career points but you get fans.

And I want my name on the car and on my suit. I hate it to drive in someone else's car or have to use the suit from the driver you are replacing. Why would I wear Nico gloves when driving for Mercedes? 
Yeah something like what they have in nba 2k mycareer, its really simple yet effective.

I'm not sure about owning an F1 team, I imagine that would take ALOT of work and would, personally, rather codies spend their time perfecting the "be the driver" ethos.

Trust me there's tonnes of fun and potential in the driver career mode before they expand in to team management if at all

I also believe F1 management is a little much right now for F1 2014. Although we don't really know how long CM had been developing new features for their F1 franchise. Maybe it might be in there, but I think probably not. Seems it would be a feature best suited for F1 2015 as something like that would require a lot of development time.