Sign in to follow this  

Touring legend pack content ! Availiable 16/09/2014

TUSMBOX said:
There's no way they can put those cars in playlist. What happens when that event comes up and there's people who don't have the DLC?
There's no way it can work. 
No it's simple just put these legend tc cars in the classic tc playlist, so simple!!! There are always solutions.. the point is we want to do the right thing or just complicates everything with no reason??!

katoh74 said:
Sorry, but i have to lough about this..... Same joke as grid2.... Unbeleavable this guys...

I wait for project cars and will never ever buy a cm game in the Future. And i have preorderd many games in the past... But i dont want to support this behavior and politics... For me it felt like that the only thing that they are interested is money... Easy money....
I Agree, unfortunately i don't have xbox1 or ps4 to play with PROJECT CARS too bad!

Oscar97 said:
13€ for THIS? Two tracks and five cars? That's even worse than NFS DLCs.
OMG guys, i'm angry too about the price but now i feel like the only stupid person that bought it....i waited so much for this dlc...

Seriously,  How hard is it CM?  

I WANT MY DLC TO WORK   IN  ONLINE PLAYLIST.   
If you cant do thay, then atleast say on the description this cannot be used in online playlists. 

You have a handful of people who play the career mode, most people buy and play the game for the online multiplayer.  

When are you going to realise that.  

Phil88TC said:

katoh74 said:
Sorry, but i have to lough about this..... Same joke as grid2.... Unbeleavable this guys...

I wait for project cars and will never ever buy a cm game in the Future. And i have preorderd many games in the past... But i dont want to support this behavior and politics... For me it felt like that the only thing that they are interested is money... Easy money....
I Agree, unfortunately i don't have xbox1 or ps4 to play with PROJECT CARS too bad!
Project Cars will run in Windows and be available on Steam.  Check their FAQ.

http://www.projectcarsgame.com/faq.html

You have a handful of people who play the career mode, most people buy and play the game for the online multiplayer. 
Share all the statistics, mate!
And you got 3 car packs for just online play, it's gonna be 50/50 I'd say ;)

Although I'm sure that the DLC would've made out a lot better, if was merged with Classic TC class - atleast all the cars would be usable in your beloved online.
It's just amazing, how CM's can make things wrong - and what is more amazing, how much fun their games give to me! It's like love/hate relationship :D  much much much more love than hate though ;)

I am not 100% sure about the Beemer in this pack, but the Sierra is technically a new car because I for whatever reason I looked at the ratings for the 2 cars and the original Sierra is higher rated across all of the categories (don't quote me on the "all" part though). So technically speakong it is a new car. And yes it does have 2 new liveries. 

So I guess if you was to put this set of cars in the same class with Classic Tourers the new Tourers would get stomped. Clear as mud right? 

Special bonus tip: If you want to race the new dlc cars on the ovals take the Sierra or the BMW. 

the Sierra is technically a new car because I for whatever reason I looked at the ratings for the 2 cars and the original Sierra is higher rated across all of the categories (don't quote me on the "all" part though). So technically speakong it is a new car. And yes it does have 2 new liveries. 

So I guess if you was to put this set of cars in the same class with Classic Tourers the new Tourers would get stomped. Clear as mud right?
Than I'm about to eat my words/tongue (dont remember what the idiom was), good point there ;)
On the other hand I don't understand why are they so different, if they both are the same model and have a cossworth engine? But I'm not into car mechanics and motorsport as much as some of You guys, so I won't argue ;)
cya in Donington ;D

Well, I just started it and I've got problem - Touring Legends Class is not eligible for Sprint discipline in custom cup. Loore, is this the DLC compatibility You were talking about?
Speaking of wich Classic Touring class is still unavailable in Sprint (wich was called a bug from the beggining) and now it's 3weeks and nothing happend about it.

BTW. The donington circuit is just superb, best curcuit so far in the game, You've made great job guys ;D

How can you even knock on the Sierra & BMW being a part of this pack? Whether you like it or not, the Sierra is from a different time frame and the BMW is a touring version. They both existed alongside the other cars in the BTCC. The Touring Legends Sierra is also massively different from the Classic Touring Sierra. You can't say it's "unoriginal" content when it actually does exist in both different versions and is actually an important piece of the DLC.

Most interesting DLC... but
OnLiveTig said:
$13 for a DLC pack?
agree, too much ..., but we have more expensive, 18$
...only i have one problem! I dont have enough garage spaces , because i want to buy all dlc cars of this pack...
and nothing to sell ...

I tried these cars yesterday and if they were in the Classic Touring, they would be destroyed by the 2 cars we have now there (Sierra and Nissan), so that was not a possibility, unfortunately (I dont know about the Nissan, but the Sierra RS500 reminds me of the Mountain Racing one, what would explain the extra power, since there wouldnt be the same restrictions as in track touring).

The only chance to use this car against everyone else would be to give this pack to everyone in a Patch, but kept it locked to those who didnt buy it (like everyone likes to say CM does already), and of course one of these cars would have to be gifted to everyone (like they did in Grid2).

If we had these tracks in normal playlist rotation like other developers allow (Titanfall dlc maps for instance), then when one of these tracks would be choosen, everyone who didnt have them would be kicked from the room (which is what happens in Titanfall).

About the tracks itself, they are simply put: awesome. Donington is by far the best version I ever played, no doubt. Silverstone probably also is, to be honest, although there the competition is more present, giving the number of games which have it.

One thing is sure, did a few online races yesterday (yes its possible, on online custom cups for all who have the dlc) and all of them were pretty close. In one case the top 3 were covered by 0.2s! :)

Audi and BMW seem to have an edge... Sierra is also good. Volvo and Alfa seem to be a little behind. Of course that when upgrades start to work, maybe things will be diferent.

Why can't the online servers detect what tracks the racers in the lobby have installed on their systems?
That way if we all have the dlc tracks we can use them in the rotation.
I probably make it sound simplistic, but it cant be that hard to do surely?

I tried these cars yesterday and if they were in the Classic Touring, they would be destroyed by the 2 cars we have now there (Sierra and Nissan), so that was not a possibility, unfortunately (I dont know about the Nissan, but the Sierra RS500 reminds me of the Mountain Racing one, what would explain the extra power, since there wouldnt be the same restrictions as in track touring).

The only chance to use this car against everyone else would be to give this pack to everyone in a Patch, but kept it locked to those who didnt buy it (like everyone likes to say CM does already), and of course one of these cars would have to be gifted to everyone (like they did in Grid2).

If we had these tracks in normal playlist rotation like other developers allow (Titanfall dlc maps for instance), then when one of these tracks would be choosen, everyone who didnt have them would be kicked from the room (which is what happens in Titanfall).

About the tracks itself, they are simply put: awesome. Donington is by far the best version I ever played, no doubt. Silverstone probably also is, to be honest, although there the competition is more present, giving the number of games which have it.

One thing is sure, did a few online races yesterday (yes its possible, on online custom cups for all who have the dlc) and all of them were pretty close. In one case the top 3 were covered by 0.2s! :)

Audi and BMW seem to have an edge... Sierra is also good. Volvo and Alfa seem to be a little behind. Of course that when upgrades start to work, maybe things will be diferent.

Good racing last night VG, we did the touring legends all night, you are quick I couldn't catch you, although beer had taken it's toll on me!

Eugh, the BMW is the worst in my opinion. Its severe lack of grip on the turns gives it an overall slower cornering speed and that just doesn't make up for its straight line speed. I personally think both the Volvo and Ford are miles above it, even the Alfa in the right hands. But the Audi is like the Furai. Pure cheap. I mean, every car class has to have that "winner", but the Audi is way too much of a winner.

@RWBSUPERCHARGER Thanks! ;) It was pretty cool, aside from the traditional kamikases! :P But the loaners are a lot slower then the owned ones, at least it felt like they were... People would gain on me like crazy on straights, more then what I think happens in other classes... Anyway, I may be wrong, afterall its been quite a while since I use loaners, with exception to those that almost nobody owns (Cobra, GT40, etc.).

OnLiveTig said:
Phil88TC said:

katoh74 said:

Project Cars will run in Windows and be available on Steam.  Check their FAQ.

http://www.projectcarsgame.com/faq.html
I know but i only play on console!

Badi23 said:
Well, I just started it and I've got problem - Touring Legends Class is not eligible for Sprint discipline in custom cup. Loore, is this the DLC compatibility You were talking about?
Speaking of wich Classic Touring class is still unavailable in Sprint (wich was called a bug from the beggining) and now it's 3weeks and nothing happend about it.

BTW. The donington circuit is just superb, best curcuit so far in the game, You've made great job guys ;D
No it can't be!Is There even this problem/issue??!What the hell...Unbelievable!!!

Classic Touring is pre-V8 Supercars, ATCC, which was under Group A regulations with roughly 600HP, if I'm right.
Touring Legends is the old BTCC Super Touring with, I don't know, something around 300HP at max? Though the cars are pretty mixed through the years, as the Sierra had its last year in '93, while the Audi wasn't indroduced until '96.
No problem here with new DLC cars on Sprint tracks.
Tracks are not the problem, it's the race mode. You can choose Race/TimeAttack/Sprint, usually. Classic Touring and Touring Legends both have no Sprint option available.

Anyway, I'm pretty disappointed now. Legends not in TT? Sure, this is a DLC, but in the game I don't care. I want new cars/tracks/categories treated like every other respective thing! This is GRID all over again (didn't play GRID2, so don't know about that), some new cars you can't use anywhere. At least there we had the possibility to simply choose time attack/training from the custom race menu and were able to drive everything on every track without suicidal traffic. What's so hard to do this in GAS? The race-mode is present, so just link it in that frikkin menu and ignore the leaderboards of TT!