Jump to content Jump to content

[F1 2017 PS4 1.5] EXTRICT PENALTIES

JuanCarMR

IMO 10 seconds penalty for that reason is so hard. Please revise it!!!

https://youtu.be/SMUGwPHHi18?t=1h29m11s

Time 1h 29m 10s

PS4 Multiplayer 100% race Singapur.

EDIT: Maybe the driver has others warnings before and the sum of them was that penalty 

@F1Support please revise it. 

The track limits are very strict around the Start/Finish line for TT. You need to know to avoid them, it was the same in F1 2016. It would give you the penalty without warnings, we had it appealed several times in the leagues. We said "stay between the white lines"

I agree that the given example is correctly penalized, as the car left the track.
But in 90% of the penalisation I was given, it wasn't correct - yes, I left the track, but I lost time as it was due to long breaking or some contact, also leaving the track doesn't mean it is an advantage ...

Example: yesterday, we (our league) tested multiplayer and we want to use strict regulations for corner cutting in our races and you can see that there are really crazy moments, like this one https://mixer.com/MeNy3CZ?vod=7301744 @ 1:45:25
Borisek was blocking and caused collision with Meny3CZ, after contact Meny3CZ was pushed of the track, while Borisek wasn't penalized for causing collision, pushing driver of the track or dangerous driviing ... Meny3CZ was penalized and got 10 seconds for exceeding track limits ...

There are two levels why the current implementation is bad
  1. In real, drivers has one corner to return his advantage - time with leaving the track or let the driver pass back. Driver passing back is already in the game and works well in general, but gaining advantage by corner cutting or exceeding track limits is not.
  2. The circumstances at the moment when car leaves the track are not get into account - there is a HUGE difference if you leave the track due to driver's fault and due to cutting the track or exceeding track limits ... If it is a driver's fault or not caused by the driver or driver doesn't get an advantage - he shoudnt be penalized for that.
So yes, controling of track limits requires to be reworked/fixed somehow. It detects the cutting very well, but it needs more work. I would suggest to let the driver gave back the advantage he gained in some time limit - similarly as it is implemented with letting driver back to his possition for illegal overtaking

Edit: I agree that the given example is correctly detected, but not appropriately penalized!

SmiX said:
I agree that the given example is correctly penalized, as the car left the track.
But in 90% of the penalisation I was given, it wasn't correct - yes, I left the track, but I lost time as it was due to long breaking or some contact, also leaving the track doesn't mean it is an advantage ...

Example: yesterday, we (our league) tested multiplayer and we want to use strict regulations for corner cutting in our races and you can see that there are really crazy moments, like this one https://mixer.com/MeNy3CZ?vod=7301744 @ 1:45:25
Borisek was blocking and caused collision with Meny3CZ, after contact Meny3CZ was pushed of the track, while Borisek wasn't penalized for causing collision, pushing driver of the track or dangerous driviing ... Meny3CZ was penalized and got 10 seconds for exceeding track limits ...

There are two levels why the current implementation is bad
  1. In real, drivers has one corner to return his advantage - time with leaving the track or let the driver pass back. Driver passing back is already in the game and works well in general, but gaining advantage by corner cutting or exceeding track limits is not.
  2. The circumstances at the moment when car leaves the track are not get into account - there is a HUGE difference if you leave the track due to driver's fault and due to cutting the track or exceeding track limits ... If it is a driver's fault or not caused by the driver or driver doesn't get an advantage - he shoudnt be penalized for that.
So yes, controling of track limits requires to be reworked/fixed somehow. It detects the cutting very well, but it needs more work. I would suggest to let the driver gave back the advantage he gained in some time limit - similarly as it is implemented with letting driver back to his possition for illegal overtaking

Edit: I agree that the given example is correctly detected, but not appropriately penalized!

In our leagues we removed penalties if it was caused by a no fault collision or evasive action to avoid a no fault collision, bad driving they stood. HTH.

@steviejay69 So you are playing with strict and every penalty (reported as inappropriate) is removed if you approve it wasn't a fault?

We are also thinking about this, but there is no possibility to save a replay which is very much needed for leagues and deciding those things and we don't want to spend hours on deciding how it happened from player's videos, which can be hard to get (we are not pros, just a casual players who loves F1). In general we don't like that because it will not be decided in race, but possibly hours after race and you also can't use the championship in game, because the table is different after your penalties or removing the penalties given in race ...

And it can be that easy if the game allows driver to give the advantage back (similar to illegal overtaking) - in race, not in qualification ...

@F1Support Are there any plans to add those features or work on it in 2017?
  • add saving replay in career & (most importantly) in multiplayer
  • race director mode (add&remove penalties after race, grid penalties to race and to next race etc.)
  • and most important in this list - please rework strict track limit detection

SmiX said:
@steviejay69 So you are playing with strict and every penalty (reported as inappropriate) is removed if you approve it wasn't a fault?

We are also thinking about this, but there is no possibility to save a replay which is very much needed for leagues and deciding those things and we don't want to spend hours on deciding how it happened from player's videos, which can be hard to get (we are not pros, just a casual players who loves F1). In general we don't like that because it will not be decided in race, but possibly hours after race and you also can't use the championship in game, because the table is different after your penalties or removing the penalties given in race ...

And it can be that easy if the game allows driver to give the advantage back (similar to illegal overtaking) - in race, not in qualification ...

@F1Support Are there any plans to add those features or work on it in 2017?
  • add saving replay in career & (most importantly) in multiplayer
  • race director mode (add&remove penalties after race, grid penalties to race and to next race etc.)
  • and most important in this list - please rework strict track limit detection
These were asked for for 2016, wasnt there so doubt it will be coming for 2017, oh and your mention of championship mode not being able to take into account after race pens or deduction of pens was also asked for.

Demonr said:
These were asked for for 2016, wasnt there so doubt it will be coming for 2017, oh and your mention of championship mode not being able to take into account after race pens or deduction of pens was also asked for.
I know, that's why I am asking again, to see if there is anything new or we've just bought F1 2016 with new liveries (and new physics) and not working gear wear and failures (which is not working well, but they will try fix that) ... I am angry to see that adding old cars was the only change and they have not fixed or enhanced the base game for that loooong time ... To say something positive, I feel the multiplayer sessions are more stable and has lower lags than in 2016, but it doesn't fix or enhanced the problems which already existed in previous game(s).

@F1Support : another example (links also posted to yellow flag thread - I've decided to investigate the car causing yellow flags for whole race), giving me a penalty for driving off the track while I am definitely struggling to get back and not gaining any advantage is ridiculous ...
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/DJSmiX/video/35939014

Archived