Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

F1 2017 Game does not save (auto and manually)

So i played yesterday for a few hours and saved during the race. I went of to do something else and later loaded the game and resumed playing. No problem. Then in the same race i saved again and tried to load it, but it stillhad my first save. Any further attempts to save the game failed. I thougt maybe Im just allowed to save once per race so I said screw it and finished the race. Then I completed all FPs for the next race weekend and wanted to take a break. Went to main menue, closed the game and when i tried to resume the game an hour later it loaded me to the first savepoint in the first race again! So i lost the progress from the race and all practices for the next. And when i try to save not it still refuses to.

I tried: 
-Repair the game
-Disable steam cloud
-save the "remote" folder, delete profile, make a new one and restore the remote folder. 

Still does not save and i lost all progress. :( 

Hello @zarrock13, sorry you're having problems with F1 2017. I take it you are an admin on that PC and you have permission to write to the remote folder. It's also worth checking if the files are read only.

You can also follow the instructions here to check your game hasn't become corrupted somehow.

http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/comment/294776/#Comment_294776

no i dont have any mods installed and yes im the admin user on this pc. The files are set to full acces permission. I did not alter them or changed access rights. Thank you for your help 

I'm not sure what else to suggest then. If you're keeping your PC in sleep mode you could certainly try a reboot because that fixes everything right? You could also try deleting just the mid session save files and see if that allows you to progress. Failing that delete the lot and start again :(.

I tried reboot but thank you ;) 
I deleted everything for the third time and now it seems like it works. I chnged some things in chracter creation, but that shouldn´t affect a save game :/ If it did this would be a much bigger issue :smiley:  Aside from that i didnt change anything.
Let´s hope it keeps working now. It´s so frustrating to loose 3 hours of progress.

Hey! A little Update. Encountered the bug again. Again in/after FP3 in Shanghai. I noticed the session would not save when i tried to and advanced to Quallifying. There i cloud save again (at least it show the "saving" animation. So i hope this really saves this time. But maybe this helps with the bugsearch. 

***EDIT***

Yes it did save now. 

1. (Apparently) the game should not run in window, although this configuration is offered;
2. (Apparently) while playing the game, even in full screen, there should be no other window open on the desktop;
3. (Apparently) the game does not accept overclocking of the video card;
4. But what I can say for sure: I noticed that the game does not accept processor overclocking done through software, such as AMD Turbo EVO (which is my case). I solved this problem by overclocking directly through the motherboard setup. When playing without overclocking the rescue was normal.

bugged game!!
In my case I found the solution:
To test overclock I was playing in window mode. I went through the whole screen and solved the problem. Now it saves progress normally.

I found the solution:
I went to the address above (http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/comment/294776/#Comment_294776) and saw:
"Known Issues: Gigabyte easy tune can cause the game to save progress and also to kick you from Multiplayer for cheating. Close this before running the game ".
I was using the MSI Afterburner and the EVGA Precision X OC. I uninstalled both and it worked. Progress is now saved normally. For security I also uninstalled CPU-Z and GPU-Z (but the latter two did not test to see if they were also influencing).