Jump to content Jump to content

F1 2017 PS4/PS4 Pro Tearing

MSC2k13

Nothing new on this front since Patch 1.6. Texture issues are fixed for which I'm grateful but tearing is still so bad that I will put the game back in the shelf. Simply not playable for me and no joy at all with all this tearing. Hope is that future patches will fix it...if not I paid 60 Euros for a game that stays in my shelf...great!
Best thing would be to drive a race in Monza or Spa, you WILL see it then. But I agree with you, it's harder to see in those videos I made. If you play it you will notive it immediately, you don't even need to look for it because it's so obvious.
MSC2k13 said:
Best thing would be to drive a race in Monza or Spa, you WILL see it then. But I agree with you, it's harder to see in those videos I made. If you play it you will notive it immediately, you don't even need to look for it because it's so obvious.
I'm on PS4 and I saw it last night at Spa, a lot. This is after the 1.6 patch.
Sad...  PC2 looks to be very close to locked 60 fps @ around 1400P on Pro, still offering superior visuals and physics.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2017-project-cars-2-performance-analysis

How I would love to marry the nice parts of F1 2017 (F1 official license, tracks, drivers, career etc) with this 

A bit suspicious Digital Foundry has not analysed F1 2017.....um..
Tearing will not go away it may be slightly improved but if the xbox x version cannot hit 60fps with checkboard 4k the ps4 pro has no chance.

Things codies could do is lower res for more stability but seems like they are not willing to do this.

On the base xbox they upped the res this year which was silly considering last years title was nowhere near target at lower resolution.

So if you want tear free pc? Well yeah if your hardware is good enough but lots of issues with stutter, crashes and save issues!

No version seems completly playable which is a joke 4 weeks after launch.
Sad...  PC2 looks to be very close to locked 60 fps @ around 1400P on Pro, still offering superior visuals and physics.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2017-project-cars-2-performance-analysis

How I would love to marry the nice parts of F1 2017 (F1 official license, tracks, drivers, career etc) with this 

Got my copy of Project Cars 2 this morning for PS4, got no internet at the moment so couldn’t download the day one patch but after playing for about 5 minutes I did notice a bit of screen tearing similar to F1. Do only have a standard ps4 though. Definitely isn’t something that only CM F1 games suffer from so can’t imagine them being able to do a great deal to fix it sadly. 
This is what happens when a game is rushed out. I'd be happier with a game that spanned three or four years with the new seasons being a season pass or DLC and regular updates. It would allow the developers to work on the game engine and pefect it over time. You know full well that the updates for the current game will dry up in a few months as they don't have time to support the this one an move to the next incarnation. 
Codemasters approach to updates for F1 games has been a bit hit and run if you ask me.

Got my copy of Project Cars 2 this morning for PS4, got no internet at the moment so couldn’t download the day one patch but after playing for about 5 minutes I did notice a bit of screen tearing similar to F1. Do only have a standard ps4 though. Definitely isn’t something that only CM F1 games suffer from so can’t imagine them being able to do a great deal to fix it sadly. 

See this review about adaptive v-sync on PS4 vs PS4 Pro. http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2017-project-cars-2-performance-analysis

What I didn’t expect was F1 2017 on a PRO tearing :-(

gimmick73 said:

See this review about adaptive v-sync on PS4 vs PS4 Pro. http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2017-project-cars-2-performance-analysis

What I didn’t expect was F1 2017 on a PRO tearing :-(

Ah I see what you mean. Never tried the PS4 Pro so cant really compare to the standard ps4 but couldn’t agree more, the pro shouldn’t suffer from screen tearing as much as it sounds it does with the f1 series, does sound like it should be a lot more optimised to run fluently on the pro. 

Really enjoying PC2 even though I’ve only had a few hours on it. Does have an immense amount of content and is very enjoyable even with a controller 
I just got a wheel recently as I was hoping to use it on F1. Even on first pCars it was astounding, gave the game a new lease of life for me as I tried many of my favourite cars and bloody hated them on wheel, gave me a reason to try all the tiers/cars I'd never even bothered to try :)

TMX isn't bad for the price, TMX pro has nicer pedals, Logitech is often on offer for somewhere between these two. Had the TMX for a while but hated the cheap pedals and plastic wheel, got the logi and stuck with that (far superior pedals), wedged the 42 inch TV under the stairs and mounted everything on a cheap table. Just do it if you can afford/save especially if you plan to make pCars2 your daily racer!
FRACTURED said:
I just got a wheel recently as I was hoping to use it on F1. Even on first pCars it was astounding, gave the game a new lease of life for me as I tried many of my favourite cars and bloody hated them on wheel, gave me a reason to try all the tiers/cars I'd never even bothered to try :)

TMX isn't bad for the price, TMX pro has nicer pedals, Logitech is often on offer for somewhere between these two. Had the TMX for a while but hated the cheap pedals and plastic wheel, got the logi and stuck with that (far superior pedals), wedged the 42 inch TV under the stairs and mounted everything on a cheap table. Just do it if you can afford/save especially if you plan to make pCars2 your daily racer!
Was originally planning on getting the Logitech G29 but recently been eyeing up the Thrustmaster T300 GT Editon with the better pedals, even compared to the G29 the price isn’t a great deal higher as of late. Plus then I could have the option of getting the Ferrari F1 wheel later on :smiley:

finally got round to starting the career on PC2 and attempting the Formula Rookie at the moment. Is vastly different to CM F1 games and a bit of a challenge keeping the cars under control, does feel good with the controller though, a lot better than I was expecting :smile:  although I did tweak the settings and tried the same from this video and it does feel much better ... https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=578VLQXPnAs
First thing I did do was switch the manual gears from the L1 and R1 buttons to the X and square the same as F1, Just feels more natural to me. Been testing some of the assists to see how they felt but in the end settled for the “authentic” setting so only have ABS and traction control if the real car itself has them. 

Did get me thinking how come CM can’t incorporate some of the lower Formula tiers in their games as part of the career, so rather than starting straight bang in the middle of F1 you have to work your way up through the ranks of GP3 and Formula 2, even if they gave you the option of a shortened calendar in those tiers so they didn’t take the focus away from F1. Just thought it would be cool and add a lot more to the career mode.

Would that be impossible or could CM get the rights to be able to incorporate this into their games?

Sorry if this has drifted off topic somewhat :/  I do hope that CM manage to find a way of reducing the screen tearing issues, maybe it isn’t helped by the sheer sense of speed of formula 1 that today’s consoles struggle to keep up graphically. Can understand a little on the standard ps4 but I hope they can find a way of optimising it more for the PS4 Pro. If other game developers have managed it then I guess there’s always hope that it could be achieved :smile:

Archived