Sign in to follow this  

When do you think we'll here next gen f1 news?

So we all know ow f1 2014 is coming out but as well they said we'll here some news on the next gen f1 game after 2014 is out but how long after do you think it will be? I think end of October/start of November time well hopefully. What do you guys think? 

I think we will get a small amount of information a couple of weeks after the release of F1 2014 then a lot more by early 2015.

Yeah think more people are more interested in the next gen f1 if most people moved or have pcs since 2014 doesn't look much different to 2013 but the cars 

Probably not much before the start  of the 2015 season I think
It's being released close to the start of the 2015 season, so we'll see a lot of info long before then!

Probably not much before the start  of the 2015 season I think
It's being released close to the start of the 2015 season, so we'll see a lot of info long before then!
Actually all they've said is that it'll be an earlier release that doesn't mean start of the season. I doubt they'd get it done that quick as they'd need some info to work on first such as the basic order of the teams and cars for one. Although we may receive info a bit earlier I wouldn't expect it to come out till about mid season as in at least the British/German grand Prix's at the earliest.

Unless they start the game with the 2014 cars of course then add the 2015 cars in. It sounds like they started developing the new gen game the same time they started 2014 so they already have an extra half year of development time behind them. There's a reason they haven't announced it as "F1 2015" yet. I'd be surprised at this stage if it doesn't have more than one season's lineup on it.
If it is just based on the 2015 season however I can still easily see the game being released at the end of April at the start of the new quarter. Or even just after the first race of the season since they're doing regular updates throughout the year.

Unless they start the game with the 2014 cars of course then add the 2015 cars in. It sounds like they started developing the new gen game the same time they started 2014 so they already have an extra half year of development time behind them. There's a reason they haven't announced it as "F1 2015" yet. I'd be surprised at this stage if it doesn't have more than one season's lineup on it.
If it is just based on the 2015 season however I can still easily see the game being released at the end of April at the start of the new quarter. Or even just after the first race of the season since they're doing regular updates throughout the year.
Possibly but the main reason why I'm being more  conservative with my estimate is that because it's a new engine everything needs to be built from scratch and because of this it'll take more time besides I wouldn't want CM to rush it and end up with a game that rivals Grid 2  and F1 2013 as the worst racing game this company has produced. As both games should have turned out better than they did and ended up being major disappointments especially around here. They're both still very good games but in both cases they could have been much better than they were.

Don't get your hopes up. "Next gen F1" will be released "earlier". For CM this means around 4 - 8 weeks earlier than usual.

I'm not expecting it to be released anytime sooner than end of June/start of July. I think Codies will fit DiRT 4 inbetween F1 2014 and F1 2015, so I don't think we'll hear or see anything of F1 2015 until around March time.

2014 hasn't even been released yet. With the short amount of time between the releases of 2014 and 2015, I'd say it shouldn't be too far away. Hopefully CM has greatly improved 2015 from the previous titles with all of the extra memory and power of the next generation consoles they have to work with. I'm excited for it as well, but let's get through 2014 first.