Sign in to follow this  

No current gen version? Seriously?

I had to sell my Xbox 360 to afford my PS4 because I wanted to be a part of the new consoles from the very beginning, and now you guys aren't even making this game for the current generation of new consoles? Way to kill off all excitement I had for this game, this is so disappointing.  :(

Protip:
Dont buy a next gen console until games come to It, Im very ok with my xbox 360, there isn't a game that makes me buy a PS4 or XBone for now (Maybe Forza 5, but Im more excited for Project CARS, so I'll wait for It to buy a next gen console)

Protip:
Dont buy a next gen console until games come to It, Im very ok with my xbox 360, there isn't a game that makes me buy a PS4 or XBone for now (Maybe Forza 5, but Im more excited for Project CARS, so I'll wait for It to buy a next gen console)
I have plenty of games for it. Between Battlefield 4, FIFA 14, Resogun, Outlast, Tomb Raider (previous gen port, works great btw),Infamous, Don't Starve, Strider, Mercenary Kings, and soon to be Child of Light and MLB 14 The Show I have plenty of amazing content to play. 

There are 13 million+ people who have adopted the current generation of consoles already. You can't just blow off these people for any reason. It's insane. 

Protip:
I have plenty of games for it. Between Battlefield 4, FIFA 14, Resogun, Outlast, Tomb Raider (previous gen port, works great btw),Infamous, Don't Starve, Strider, Mercenary Kings, and soon to be Child of Light and MLB 14 The Show I have plenty of amazing content to play. 

There are 13 million+ people who have adopted the current generation of consoles already. You can't just blow off these people for any reason. It's insane.

And how many of those 13 million gamers have got rid of their old console not that many. You cant blame Codies for this they NEVER said their next game would be out on the new consoles and dont forget most of those other games you mention that where ported where done by other companies and not the main Dev company. Codemasters arent a massive company and want to be the only ones working on their games. Buy yourself a cheap ass 360 or PS3 and get the game then enjoy it like everyone else.

oh quit whining will you. your own fault for selling up and going next gen. ive not gone next gen nor do i plan on yet. especially after hearing about all the bans online and such.. id rather stay on ps3.. so instead of having no cockpit view whining. we now have no next gen whining...

i think next gen can wait... if you have only next-gen device at home okay, you are out... 
otherwise think about PC platform.

sgll said:
oh quit whining will you. your own fault for selling up and going next gen. ive not gone next gen nor do i plan on yet. especially after hearing about all the bans online and such.. id rather stay on ps3.. so instead of having no cockpit view whining. we now have no next gen whining...
It's their loss, not mine. I would gladly give them my money for a PS4 version, so would a lot of us who are enjoying our CURRENT GEN consoles. Not giving us the PC port at least shows a lack of vision considering we've already had some previous gen ports that did very well on PS4 and Xbox One. 

You can say it's my fault for selling my Xbox 360, but it's simply my choice. I'm not going to grieve this bad business decision for long, but considering how quick I would have been to buy this for PS4 I'm just letting Codies know that they are losing sales because of this. 

Even GT6 did poorly on PS3. Why? People are waiting for games on PS4/Xbox One. The market for Grid Autosport on previous gen systems is a small niche market at this point. The bulk of their potential profits are in the PC, PS4, and Xbox One communities at this point, especially since those of us who have moved on to the current crop of systems would gladly buy a new racing game. 

Dear natetendo83, there are milions of PS3 and Xbox in the world, and are still a rich business for Sony, Microsoft and videogames companies.

Ive bought every Codemasters Racing game for 15+ years but the fact that there isnt a Next Gen version will stop me getting this. I was so excited for it too :(

I understand they are looking at userbase but most of the true GAMERS have moved onto the new machines... In total theres about 12million + next gen machines out there already and the people who have sheld out £350+ to buy one are GAMERS who buy games...

Im not saying there no gamers on 360/ps3 but it certainly not the millions upon millions sat waiting for this game.

Ill wait for the next gen version..... Just be quick about it please.. I want this badly!

Ive bought every Codemasters Racing game for 15+ years but the fact that there isnt a Next Gen version will stop me getting this. I was so excited for it too :(

I understand they are looking at userbase but most of the true GAMERS have moved onto the new machines... In total theres about 12million + next gen machines out there already and the people who have sheld out £350+ to buy one are GAMERS who buy games...

Im not saying there no gamers on 360/ps3 but it certainly not the millions upon millions sat waiting for this game.

Ill wait for the next gen version..... Just be quick about it please.. I want this badly!
Disagree, people who can afford it bought PS4s/XBones, but we are in the middle of a financial crisis at the minute if you hadn't noticed so many people are still on past gen consoles. I'd hedge my bets and say there are more PS3s/360s out there than PS4s/XBones, hence the release on that generation of consoles.

I'm glad it's on 360. Means my CSR will work for sure.

I think, after grid 2, I am gonna wait for a price drop. And if 3 is as bad as 2 was, I'm never going to buy another Grid game again. And I'll just stick to F1 and Dirt.

fIsince08 said:
Disagree, people who can afford it bought PS4s/XBones, but we are in the middle of a financial crisis at the minute if you hadn't noticed so many people are still on past gen consoles. I'd hedge my bets and say there are more PS3s/360s out there than PS4s/XBones, hence the release on that generation of consoles.
Yeah theres more consoles out there but they're all being used to watch netflix and Im fed up of this "financial crisis" crap... Its been this way for many years now... this is normal life now and its just some lame excuse..

If they started making it very soon after GRID 2 then fair enough but Im just praying they'll sort out a decent port at least.

Absolute rubbish! I'm a
TRUE gamer, and I want a PS4, but there's no decent games to my liking that make me want to rush out and buy one. The only game i'd consider getting a PS4 at the moment for is Watchdogs, but even that's available to PS3.

Hopefully the next DiRT game will be available for next gen, then I will be getting a PS4 (oh and for Project CARS too)

Absolute rubbish! I'm a
TRUE gamer, and I want a PS4, but there's no decent games to my liking that make me want to rush out and buy one. The only game i'd consider getting a PS4 at the moment for is Watchdogs, but even that's available to PS3.

Hopefully the next DiRT game will be available for next gen, then I will be getting a PS4 (oh and for Project CARS too)
"most" maybe not all.. especially if your a sony fan :p

Codies make gorgeous looking games, The thought of a next gen racer from them made me very excited.... Guess I have to stick to Forza for the time being (Horizons 2 will be stunning)

People always find something to moan about, I havn't moved onto the next gen yet, mainly due to a lack of good games. Admittedly I would have seriously considered it if this was on next gen, but for now I'm perfectly fine with not having to fork out £400 on an xbox one. And out of all of my friends, I know one person who has gone on to next gen, so I think it was the right decision

@MasterSparky

Serious question.

Would you really want a next gen game that had been ported from the previous gen? It just seems a bit pointless.

I'm sure the next gen GRID or what ever it may be in a couple of years, will be fantastic! (although I know it's quite a long wait!)

Hey guys. Just thought I'd link you to this interview our Chief Designer James gave to the folks at Videogamer.com as I think he does a good job explaining the reasons behind the platform decision.

http://www.videogamer.com/xbox360/grid_autosport/news/grid_autosport_interview_when_we_do_make_a_next-gen_game_it_wont_be_a_current-gen_port.html

This is why I'll always be a PC gamer lol.

Can play games from 20 years ago or from months ago with the same machine.

Britpoint said:
Hey guys. Just thought I'd link you to this interview our Chief Designer James gave to the folks at Videogamer.com as I think he does a good job explaining the reasons behind the platform decision.

http://www.videogamer.com/xbox360/grid_autosport/news/grid_autosport_interview_when_we_do_make_a_next-gen_game_it_wont_be_a_current-gen_port.html
Sorry but that just sounds like PR spin. Other games have already had very successful ports that sold well. 

optimization for the old gen console mean a good smooth running on mid level pc...
.. i'm a gamer too, and through the years i always "exploited" the market at my advantage.
There is a long tern console market based on xbox 360 and ps3 with fake directx upadates and minor visual changes coming the years? for me this mean i can happily keep my 2008 old rig PC and upgrade 
the vga to play everything. (just an eye to overclock cpu to avoid cpu limited and increase filters and resolutions lcd).
be smart people... don' buy the latest double titan nvidia to play x360 console porting on PC, and don't buy instantly a new gen console for 400 or more $ with few titles and game company support.
Enjoy stunning graphics on cheap mid level pc is better :)

@MasterSparky

Serious question.

Would you really want a next gen game that had been ported from the previous gen? It just seems a bit pointless.

I'm sure the next gen GRID or what ever it may be in a couple of years, will be fantastic! (although I know it's quite a long wait!)
As a very satisfied owner of the Tomb Raider port on PS4, yes. I'd take a PC port as it stands in a heartbeat. 

fIsince08 said:

I agree that's my thinking as well I'm still on the PS3 gen as well if I felt I was best servesd going onto PS4 then I'd have done it by now but right now I  think I'm better off staying put. I do have a pretty powerful PC so I can handle any next gen stuff that comes that way so for now I'm making do with that