Sign in to follow this  

No current gen version? Seriously?

You van still buy a new 360 and a new ps3. So still currentgen i think. Next to that, i always wait a minimum of 2 years when the new consoles arrives before buying. By then I have plenty to choose from. I don't understand that people complain about GAS not being on ps4 or xbone. You all knew the games would be very sparse the first year a new console would arrive! Sée PS3 and 360

P308R said:
You van still buy a new 360 and a new ps3. So still currentgen i think. Next to that, i always wait a minimum of 2 years when the new consoles arrives before buying. By then I have plenty to choose from. I don't understand that people complain about GAS not being on ps4 or xbone. You all knew the games would be very sparse the first year a new console would arrive! Sée PS3 and 360
Being able to buy new isn't the indicator, the indicator is what products are on the market. You could buy new PS2's well into the PS3/X360 life cycle. The point is that the PS4 and the XB1 are the "current" generation of consoles in the proper use of the term. I would hardly consider 8 year old hardware to be "current" when the current systems have been out for about 6 months. 

I Think its more about building a new game engine, When they built one then you will get your next gen games from codies.

The PC master race always as to wait for the next gen games to be made to get the real true graphics out of the ports.

dirt3joe said:

I also agree that the PS4 is a massive opportunity. Whoever gets there first is going to make a packet because of the lack of racing games out there for it and people wanting to have a racing game to play. 

That's the big thing for me. As a business opportunity there is a HUGE cash cow waiting to happen and it seems like a bad oversight to miss that. 
But, is it a worse oversight than releasing a buggy game that doesn't make proper use of the next generation features which might happen if it is done too early ? Then the posts would be not why is there no next gen game but why is it so crap ?

It's more than about simply one game. Its about trying to protect a reputation and a brand.

I do feel very sorry for people who moved to PS4 who are interested in racing. Bad call though.

But I don't think Codies can be blamed for the situation as it is. 

PS4 owners should have one good racer by now, but don't. To me a launch program should make available a shooter, a driver/racer, an rpg and a footy. That covers a lot of ground. If PS4 doesn't have all those yet then there are other places to look than here.

That said, Codies should get on the all nighters and double expressos. The prize awaits ! I want to go for PS4 asap. But not till I see some hard evidence that something is ready to race on it and gives me somethign dirt/f1/grid doesn't.

I own all, the consoles current and next gen plus  a game-pc, not to brag about it but simply bcz iam a gamer and an adult (so the money is not a prob) and bcz things what happened in my life i have the time and freedom (space) to play when  or what i want.

But racing games i like the most to play on a pc and other games like BF4 or GTA5 or second son etc are great on the consoles and on a big tv with friends, but thats my personal opinion 

You guys won't learn. CM has been analyzing all data collected, and have come to the conclusion that only THE 5% uses a new console generation, thus they ditched the port for the new gen.

PIX3L5 said:

I Think its more about building a new game engine, When they built one then you will get your next gen games from codies.

The PC master race always as to wait for the next gen games to be made to get the real true graphics out of the ports.

Code Masters has stated that PC is lead platform which means they are technically optimizing the game for hardware that is as good or better than a PS4 or Xbox One. All they need to do is make it compatible with the OS itself. 

If it was that easy it would have already been done. I think that it is a huge amount of work to optimize an engine for a platform. It's not copy/paste run a script and all is optimized. The Ego eingine was build from scratch and they were still optimizing it until GAS. Thats more than 6 years.

P308R said:
If it was that easy it would have already been done. I think that it is a huge amount of work to optimize an engine for a platform. It's not copy/paste run a script and all is optimized. The Ego eingine was build from scratch and they were still optimizing it until GAS. Thats more than 6 years.
yeah I agree it's been upgraded and had 3 iterations since the original Grid which was the first game to use the engine

Check this out: SquareEnix ported Tomb Raider to the new consoles and it yielded great results for them, take notes Codies: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2014/05/09/favorable-sales-of-new-gen-tomb-raider-propel-square-enix-turnaround.aspx 

Check this out: SquareEnix ported Tomb Raider to the new consoles and it yielded great results for them, take notes Codies: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2014/05/09/favorable-sales-of-new-gen-tomb-raider-propel-square-enix-turnaround.aspx 
they use entirely different engines though and secondly I get the feeling thsat the engine used in TRwas partially designed with the PS4 and XB1 in mind. I don't think the Ego engine was

Grid Autosport looks like a solid step in the right direction. It's just a shame that Grid 2 was so far off the mark. If Grid 2 had been what Grid Autosport looks like being then we would all be looking forward to a true next gen Codies racer by now! I'm just a little worried that they are falling behind, as when they do release a true next gen game we will already have Project Cars (which is looking amazing) and GT7!

SiestaUK said:
I'm just a little worried that they are falling behind, as when they do release a true next gen game we will already have Project Cars (which is looking amazing) and GT7!
PCars *looks* great, but the AI is still awful and so far it seems like they don't really have much of a clue as to how to improve it. The AI in Codies games has its problems, but it's still way better, so in theory Codies' first next-gen game should stomp all over it in that department at least.

SiestaUK said:
Grid Autosport looks like a solid step in the right direction. It's just a shame that Grid 2 was so far off the mark. If Grid 2 had been what Grid Autosport looks like being then we would all be looking forward to a true next gen Codies racer by now! I'm just a little worried that they are falling behind, as when they do release a true next gen game we will already have Project Cars (which is looking amazing) and GT7!
yeah that's what I think too the merging of Grid 1's type career mode with Grid 2's type graphics it looks is the right move and the addition of extra assists for the novice/disabled player too which is something Grid 1 didn't have is good too as for me that was Grid 1's big let down personally had the right career mode structure I think just too steep a learning curve for the casual player to get to grips with IMO.