F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Drag Pack speculations.

Hey there fellow drivers!
As there is TCL pack DLC released with all what is bad and great about it, we still got a week or (more likely) two to see Drag Pack. Why don't we speculate a little? What do you think we'll see in there?
I mean new 1/4mile straight game mode is kinda obvious. But there are some things, that can go both ways.

1. Will automatic gearbox be available? As You know, there is grayed out option in the menus for drag racing gearbox setting. If it was manual  only, why it would be there? On the other hand drag racing with automatic is kinda pointless, as perfect start becomes the only skill factor.

2. Will it be closed specialized cars only (like drift is now), or will it be open for every other car like sprint is. I can't express how I hope for the second. Tomei Cusco Impreza vs short gears
Mazda Panspeed anyone? :D

3. What cars there will be? If it's going to be closed like drift, then there will be purpose-built cars which I personally can't name. If it's gonna be open for every car discipline, than I think we will see more cars to return from  Grid 2, that are missing right now like Corvette and BAC Mono - and I kinda hope for them, they both are great and I miss them a lot.

4. Lastly tracks. Where do You think they'll be placed? I think there will be 3-4 straights to choose from, but I doubt we'll see more environments. I think they'll be placed on circuts that are already in the game: Autosport circuit (as it's fictional and implementing 1/4mile straight won't be a problem) and Detroit come first to my mind.

And what do You guys hope for? Let the hype grow! :D

Draft pack? I think you mean "Drag Pack". I cannot remember what post or where in the forums, but Loore said there will be dedicated cars and tracks for the Drag Pack. So I know of one track thet is probably going to be in this pack is Hockeheim. There is a dedicated drag strip there. It is there at the final turn in front of the grandstands. 

As far as cars Loore said something to the effect of "fire breathing monsters" when he was talking about the cars. Chevrolet & Ford both make drag only Camaros & Mustangs. So maybe it would be something like that. Simce both of those cars are in the game already. 

Draft pack? I think you mean "Drag Pack". I cannot remember what post or where in the forums, but Loore said there will be dedicated cars and tracks for the Drag Pack. So I know of one track thet is probably going to be in this pack is Hockeheim. There is a dedicated drag strip there. It is there at the final turn in front of the grandstands. 

As far as cars Loore said something to the effect of "fire breathing monsters" when he was talking about the cars. Chevrolet & Ford both make drag only Camaros & Mustangs. So maybe it would be something like that. Simce both of those cars are in the game already. 
No, no, is Datft Punk Pack...i guess...

not sure what they mean by Drag Pack. it should be the traditional 1/4 Mile and 1 Mile races... unless they make it like NFS Underground where there are a few gentle turns on the way... but that would make the race similar to a short Sprint more than anything else.

there shouldn't be Automatic Gears nor Traction Control in Drag otherwise it becomes pointless

also, like in NFSU, your engine should overheat if you rev too much wihout shifting

If you use TC you will more than likely lose. If it is like the TC in the game now. And if an automatic is available there is a certain amount of skill it takes to run a AT because your launch rpms would factor in. As well as managing wheel spin. Wheelspin IMO is easier to control in a Manual. So I would say the auto may just be included, but I would think it would be easier and faster to use a MT. And also it is not like you woukd downshift so MT woukd not be that hard. 

Maybe even a clutch option? Or a Nitrous Oxide option? I remember the Drag racing from DLC had some pretty cool options and tracks too like several lane dragstrips and some cool cars with them. Another tuning option could be tire size and a more detailed gearing tuning  ootion.

When I was messing around in game files, I spoted those lines in "Racetype.config".
It looks like we know now where the drag routes will be placed :)
so excited about Detroid! :D

<track name_string_id="callahan_oval_drag_route_6">

<track name_string_id="detroit_drag_route_6">

</track>
      <track name_string_id="hockenheim_drag_route_6">

TUSMBOX said:
I wonder (not getting my hopes up) if they're going to give us the old Hockenheim layout.
That would be awesome! But, I bet we only get the dragstrip portion. But the old Hock would be superb. I wonder what the "Callahan Oval Drag Route" is? The backstretch of the Autosport oval maybe? 

I lost my hope for Drift, only have 5 tracks. There no was in the sprint pack where it should be done even with the restriccions Loore commented, and not now....is sad for Drift fans, specially with the new physics is very fun!!. I suposse that the Daft Punk Drag Pack will not have any Drift related. :(

andaya said:
I lost my hope for Drift, only have 5 tracks. There no was in the sprint pack where it should be done even with the restriccions Loore commented, and not now....is sad for Drift fans, specially with the new physics is very fun!!. I suposse that the Daft Punk Drag Pack will not have any Drift related. :(
Why would a drag pack have anything to do with drift ?

andaya said:
Why would a drag pack have anything to do with drift ?
Nothing, but i "cry" because Drag pack is the last extra content for this game, so Drift keeps forgotten in this game. Only was a comment...

I don´t like Drag styles and nothing in between, is Drift is secondary then Drag is dispensable too, IMO. We got Dirt Showdown once in a time...XD

But with CM everything is possible, What has to do the sprint pack and the restrictions they made about some categories?? maybe nothing too.

Salute.

Oscar97 said:
The Callahan Oval is the Autosport Raceway, actually.
Then I was right with my logic pointing out Detroit and Autosport at the beginning :D

@Loore It's the end of September. Does this mean this is coming out today?

As opposed to most of the community, I'm quite curious for what is hopefully a new mode - I always liked quarter-mile drag races since the early Fast & Furious days. :)

Atticvs said:
@Loore It's the end of September. Does this mean this is coming out today?

As opposed to most of the community, I'm quite curious for what is hopefully a new mode - I always liked quarter-mile drag races since the early Fast & Furious days. :)
It's been pushed back a couple of weeks  for some extra love and polish :) Expect it mid October.

I think that CM said that Touring Legends are the last cars in the game. Can´t remember where or when but i´m pretty sure, i guess...