Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×
F1 2021 | Arrives July 16 | First Look Here Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

F1 2017 - PC - Random Crashes to desktop

OK....I have had one full race 50% without a crash on Canada.....and here is how I got it sorted.

I set my framerate to no more than 85FPS and enabled vsync.  

That was it. So far. So good.  

Seems like I may have found a work around for now, turn Vsync on, Windowed (Full screen) and turn Anti-Aliasing to TTA Checkerboard

I'm having problem with the vibration of the X-Box One controller in Windows 10,
I open the game in full screen, and the controller does not vibrate. I have to click the mouse on the screen, only then it starts to vibrate normally. 
@jennyannem

F1Support said:
So, to help me clarify this when this issue occurs does the game freeze and then crash ~30 seconds later or are you playing and then it instantly crashes?
For me it usually crashes instantly, but on occasion the game freezes and then the PC blue screens.

Killerbob said:
Seems like I may have found a work around for now, turn Vsync on, Windowed (Full screen) and turn Anti-Aliasing to TTA Checkerboard
Yes, this solved (as an accepatable workaround :smile: ) my issue, too !

I’ve been the last two years trying to understand why F12015, F12016 even  F12017 was crashing without any reason apparently, after trying many  “solutions”, I've done some research about graphics cards and how they work. I even Reset my PC in the process but it doesn't work, it was just frustrating, reinstall many programs games and lots of stuff, see my friends on steam playing without any problem through months, it was sad to believe. 
But my research has come to an end, at least for Nvidia Graphics cards owners, I don't know if you can apply some of this on AMD graphics cards, I hope so.
So in the link, you can find the settings in Nvidia Control Panel that allowed me to play the F1 series again, hope you can too. 
If it worked for you hit me an e-mail just for me to know that my effort worthed for you, and if you want, please make a donation on Paypal, I want to buy 2 copies of F1 2017 (1€ is enough.) ihnder@gmail.com
Your Community Friend, Ihndia 

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bzo6vx2f86YBei1nMmN1a3ZhVVE