Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Scripted / Generated AI lap times in Qualifying

JayJay686 said:
Its fixed with Patch 1.06...tested 3 Qualifyings and for me its fine now ;-)

Ps4pro

Yeah tested it on my PS4 last night, seems fixed. Even ended up upping my difficulty setting because of it

Console: PS4
Mode: Career
Patch: 1.06
Weather: Dry -> Wet

Hi, I have just finished Qualifying in Canada. It started raining towards the end of the session. While I was on track, I was on provisional pole and the rain started to intensify. I set a time around 1:14.6 (difficulty 81%). As the countdown timer went to zero and  I went back to the garage, Kimi and Seb went first and second with 1:13s.

It appears that simulated times have not been fixed, at least as far as changeable weather goes. Please I hope that Codemasters looks at this because there is nothing the player can do. Sometimes I get bumped out of Q1 and then I get compromised on my career stats against my teammate / team goals.

Thanks

I just posted in another thread, maybe this one is more appropriate. Who the heck knows. Patch 1.7 on PC. Career, currently in Q1 Russia. Track is wet but all drivers are on ultra softs. The cars all drive as if they are on a totally dry track, my lap times are 13 seconds or so off of P1. It occurs if I "return to garage" mid lap and also if I drive into the pits and then accelerate time. Total game breaker. Seriously, how does this crap not get caught before release. I want my money back, CM are a bunch of crooks if all of this game's issues don't get addressed. It is highway robbery and borderline fraud. 

schumiss said:
ahah you mean w should do 1 hour qualifyng because we can't use an available option like forward fast or finishing earlier the quali??ahahahahah
 forward fast could be work, I will check it out, in the ozther cases the problem is that you interupt the game, if I understand it right.can anybody confirm it or test it????

F1Support said:
There is a workaround to bypass this bug of simulated AI qual laptimes:
1) Your last lap at the qualification must start at the very end, when session almost end, but you still will have 2min+ to finish this lap after 0:00
2) Do not finish this lap on track (because at this case session will immediate end and AI will get simulated times for ongoing laps),
but enter to the pits. Strange, but session will not end.
3) At the boxes you will see timer for the session end, but in fact this a timer to finish lap for those who are on track.
4) Do not simulate or accelerate time, just wait this 1-2min, maybe watch ai laps onboard.
5) Session will end at last, and AI will not have any simulated laps.

This method works for me, i tried few career grand prix, and at last I'm not at the end of peloton.
But you will need carefuly calculate when to leave pitlane:
OUT lap + 1 or 2 your normal qual laps + 1 manual IN lap which must start before 0:00, and finish it at the pitlane after main session time ends.

Sorry for my bad english, I hope I explained this clearly enough.
@ChGevara123 thanks for posting that. You would also need to make sure you don't use flying lap or return to garage at any point in the session to. I appreciate that's annoying but that's the best way to work around the problem for now.

There is definitely an issue and we are investigating. I will update you once we've got some progress to report.
@F1Support : I am happy that you investigate the problem but, but I hope you will fix it in F1 2017 and not only in F1 2018. this Quali problem is an huge problem, not a little bug. an elementary game element does not work!!!!!! How we can fix this in multiplayer with AI? 

My problem case example: Short quali (15 minutes in one session in the carrier mode). Driven in russia on intermediates and some rain. 1 minute before the session ended i was on position 2 and i pressed end session. After this all AI had better times on Ultra soft tires,  I dont understand it because the weather dont changed.

@Scott1904  AI times are generated only if all active players in a session choose to retire before the end. Otherwise all laps completed by the AI will be "driven".

We will investigate the generated times being off in changeable conditions.

F1Support said:
There is a workaround to bypass this bug of simulated AI qual laptimes:
1) Your last lap at the qualification must start at the very end, when session almost end, but you still will have 2min+ to finish this lap after 0:00
2) Do not finish this lap on track (because at this case session will immediate end and AI will get simulated times for ongoing laps),
but enter to the pits. Strange, but session will not end.
3) At the boxes you will see timer for the session end, but in fact this a timer to finish lap for those who are on track.
4) Do not simulate or accelerate time, just wait this 1-2min, maybe watch ai laps onboard.
5) Session will end at last, and AI will not have any simulated laps.

This method works for me, i tried few career grand prix, and at last I'm not at the end of peloton.
But you will need carefuly calculate when to leave pitlane:
OUT lap + 1 or 2 your normal qual laps + 1 manual IN lap which must start before 0:00, and finish it at the pitlane after main session time ends.

Sorry for my bad english, I hope I explained this clearly enough.
@ChGevara123 thanks for posting that. You would also need to make sure you don't use flying lap or return to garage at any point in the session to. I appreciate that's annoying but that's the best way to work around the problem for now.

There is definitely an issue and we are investigating. I will update you once we've got some progress to report.
I appreciate this was from months ago but iv been testing it as a workaround to the changeable weather issue in qualifying, specifically when the conditions improve from wet to dry. It is still flawed because if the track is still drying, the last lap after the clock stops is critical, but to do the workaround you need to drive back to the pits whilst everyone else takes advantage of the drier conditions. Not ideal especially when your going to such lengths to workaround the issue. 

Therfore I have resorted to checking the weather forecast at the start of first practice. If it's forecast to change during qualifying I go back to the main menu, and change it to one shot qualifying when I load it back up. Not perfect but the way I look at it when the conditions are improving your only going to get one good shot at a lap time anyway.

Here's to hoping it's fixed for F1 2018!