Sign in to follow this  

About GRID: Autosport Demolition Derby and Touge

Hello,

Will there be demolition derby and touge in this game because it's was one of the reason's, why I buyed GRID 1.

And, I really wan't to see it in GRID: Autosport :))))

Pretty please?

Demo derby yes! Touge no, we're focussing more on circuit racing in this one, so no point to point stuff.

Britpoint said:
Demo derby yes! Touge no, we're focussing more on circuit racing in this one, so no point to point stuff.
But touge would be nice too.

Oh well at least Demolition Derby :))))))))))

Made my day. Ty Codies

KonTiKii said:
Britpoint said:

Made my day. Ty Codies
Oh yeah, it would! I adored touge in GRID, unfortunately there are only so many days in the week for us to make stuff, so we can't include all the things. I hope you enjoy the other bits though!

Britpoint said:
KonTiKii said:
Britpoint said:

Made my day. Ty Codies
Oh yeah, it would! I adored touge in GRID, unfortunately there are only so many days in the week for us to make stuff, so we can't include all the things. I hope you enjoy the other bits though!
Hell yeah !! :)

I absolutely adored the touge game mode in the last grid games. Touge is honestly the only reason why i bought the game in the first place. It was fun 1v1ing with friends online. The other game modes were too chaotic and a bit boring to me. Touge rewards precision and heavily punishes unskilled players. Even though the game does not determine the right winner half the time. I loved the fact that the game is going for a more realistic approach, and the cockpit view has been added back. In the end I am not going to buy the game. Still don't understand how demo derby get in the game and touge didn't. If i wanted crash other people's cars i would have played burnout or something. I have plenty of racing sims already like assetto corsa. The touge game mode is pretty unique and not found in many racing games. Until touge is added I don't see myself ever buying this game. Instead i'm going to pirate the game.

Britpoint said:
I'm totally ok with this. However, have you considered including the track for time trial/practice/free run?

I loved toge, but I'll be perfectly fine without it. It sounds like Codies have more than made up for it with the career mode they've been hinting at.

Really glad demo derby is returning as well. Will it be available in single player or just online? If it is available in single player, what category of racing is it listed under?

OceanPony said:
I absolutely adored the touge game mode in the last grid games. Touge is honestly the only reason why i bought the game in the first place. It was fun 1v1ing with friends online. The other game modes were too chaotic and a bit boring to me. Touge rewards precision and heavily punishes unskilled players. Even though the game does not determine the right winner half the time. I loved the fact that the game is going for a more realistic approach, and the cockpit view has been added back. In the end I am not going to buy the game. Still don't understand how demo derby get in the game and touge didn't. If i wanted crash other people's cars i would have played burnout or something. I have plenty of racing sims already like assetto corsa. The touge game mode is pretty unique and not found in many racing games. Until touge is added I don't see myself ever buying this game. Instead i'm going to pirate the game.
Agreed I too love touge from the previous installments Both my friend and i love to versus each other on touge it would be a real shame for it to be gone forever :(

OceanPony said:
I made an account just to say I agreed with this kid. I came across this thread while searching for touge in the next GRID, hoping that the next game will make touge more fun. Instead I come across this monstrosity. I really friggin loved the Touge game mode in GRID which has provided countless hours of fun for me. If my soul was in complete darkness, the Touge game mode is what will shine a radiant stream of pure light into my soul.

-LastDarkKnight
"Can't Stop My Edge"

OMG THEY TOOK OUT TOUGE. I AM LIKE SO DISAPOINTED WITH THIS, TOUGE WAS THE BEST GAME MODE. YOU GUYS HAVE NO TASE IN RACING. DERBY WAS THE WORST THING THAT EVER HAPPENED TO GRID, IT WAS POINTLESS AND THERE WAS NO FUN IN IT. THIS GAME IS GOING DOWN THE DRAIN AND THERE IIS NOTHING THAT THEY CAN DO TO MAKE IT COME BACK AT THE TOP. RACING IN THE TOUGE MADE ME FEEL AS IF A NEW MAN WITH A PURPOSE IN LIFE. I WAS ABLE TO GO ON NEW ADVENTURES OF 1V1 AGAINST FELLOW TOUGERS AND I WOULD CONNECT WITH THEM BY LEARNING THEY WAY OF THEIR TOUGE. MY LIFE WILL NOW BE INCOMPLETE SINCE TOUGE WILL BE DOWN. THIS SEPERATION FROM THE TOUGE WILL BE A REMINDER TO ME THAT MY LIFE WILL NEVER BE COMELETE. I WILL NEED TO LEAVE GRID AND GO ON A NEW PATH TO FIND MY SELF(IN THE TOUGE) AND COMPETE TO BE THE BEST DOWNHILL RACER. FOR FELLOW  TOUGERS FOLLOW MY PATH INTO THE UNKNOWN AND COMPETE WITH ME IN ANY NEW RACING GAMES THAT MAY INCLIDE THE WAY OF THE TOUGE. IF IM UNABLE TO FIND ANY NEW  GAMES THAT INCLUDE TOUGE THEN MY CAREER WILL BE OVER.

TL;DR TOUGE IS LOVE TOUGE IS LIFE

OceanPony said:
I totally agree with this guy. I also absolutely love playing touge especially with my friends. This mode was unique and was a blast. It was a nice installment to the GRID series. Touge was the main reason why I bought GRID 2. I've played in public games where its just either demolition derby or just casual racing, but nothing can compare with the touge mode. All those other game mode are too chaotic and train wrecks. People crashing/ramming into each other and destroying the competition is no fun.  I do not understand why Demo is fun. Your just intentionally crashing into people. I am not going to lie, but derby is just plain retarded. There is no objective but driving around a stadium in circles until one's car gives up.  I'm sorry CodeMaster. This is a huge disappointment to me. You guys let me down. When the game gets release, I will also pirate the game along this this guy.  

@PhantomDrive‌ and at @OceanPony‌ last time I saw guys say they were going to pirate a game they got banned. Probably not the smartest choice.

@PhantomDrive‌ and at @OceanPony‌ last time I saw guys say they were going to pirate a game they got banned. Probably not the smartest choice.
I do not understand the point on banning me on this. I probably won't be back here ever again.

OMG THEY TOOK OUT TOUGE. I AM LIKE SO DISAPOINTED WITH THIS, TOUGE WAS THE BEST GAME MODE. YOU GUYS HAVE NO TASE IN RACING. DERBY WAS THE WORST THING THAT EVER HAPPENED TO GRID, IT WAS POINTLESS AND THERE WAS NO FUN IN IT. THIS GAME IS GOING DOWN THE DRAIN AND THERE IIS NOTHING THAT THEY CAN DO TO MAKE IT COME BACK AT THE TOP. RACING IN THE TOUGE MADE ME FEEL AS IF A NEW MAN WITH A PURPOSE IN LIFE. I WAS ABLE TO GO ON NEW ADVENTURES OF 1V1 AGAINST FELLOW TOUGERS AND I WOULD CONNECT WITH THEM BY LEARNING THEY WAY OF THEIR TOUGE. MY LIFE WILL NOW BE INCOMPLETE SINCE TOUGE WILL BE DOWN. THIS SEPERATION FROM THE TOUGE WILL BE A REMINDER TO ME THAT MY LIFE WILL NEVER BE COMELETE. I WILL NEED TO LEAVE GRID AND GO ON A NEW PATH TO FIND MY SELF(IN THE TOUGE) AND COMPETE TO BE THE BEST DOWNHILL RACER. FOR FELLOW  TOUGERS FOLLOW MY PATH INTO THE UNKNOWN AND COMPETE WITH ME IN ANY NEW RACING GAMES THAT MAY INCLIDE THE WAY OF THE TOUGE. IF IM UNABLE TO FIND ANY NEW  GAMES THAT INCLUDE TOUGE THEN MY CAREER WILL BE OVER.

TL;DR TOUGE IS LOVE TOUGE IS LIFE

When it come to derby racing, you either love it or hate, I don't think there much middle ground. GRID 1 derby racing was second most popular tournament pick, behind touring car. So there were a few players that like derby racing.

Me, I love GRID 1 derby racing with 12 players, 8 laps and having to survive the wreckers to win maybe 1 or 2 races in a 3 hour session. GRID 2 derby racing took a little the fun out of it when I should of gotten one of my rare wins, but 1 of my laps did not count!!! :(

I do hope Codemasters understand what made figure 8 derby racing special in GRID 1, since they forgot in DIRT Showdown and no other racing game since 2008 has deliver figure 8 derby racing like GRID 1 did, so Codies can get it right in GRID Autosport.

Britpoint, can you please confirm that there will be a new derby figure 8 track or 2 with a new derby car ( like maybe a station wagon )?

What made GRID 1 figure 8 derby racing special:

1. 12 players online

2. the Jupiter, great derby car and good handling\drifting

3. allowing the wreckers to go backwards on the track

4. a good track design with ramps for mid air collisons and loops to get a good T-bone and "killer" walls

5. text chat so we can BS with the other players after our car got wreck

6. spectate mode so you could watch the other players after your car got wreck or just leave car on the track

One improvement Codemaster could make over GRID 1 derby racing, is after I wreck my car and I decide not to go to spectate mode so I could leave my car on the track for the other players to deal with, I wish the camera would go to a sky cam above my car so I can watch the rest of the race around my wreck car. And ask the guys to move my car in the intersection.

In GRID 1, this what I got to look at if I did not go to spectate mode ( GRID 2 even worse ):

personally i preder way derby mode than touge...
especially in Grid 1 was my favorite and most played mode for me...
While i am gonna buy some moment a game dedicated to derbys called Nextcargame , i am glad that derby will be in Grid autosport  , although i would prefer some new  track or car , and not exactly the same as 2 previous grid games..:-?

Derby is the Detroit track and one car. It's there as we know a number of GRID fans want it to be but as with Touge, our focus is on the core racing disciplines right now. We'd have loved to do another derby track but it would have meant losing one of our circuits which wasn't something we really wanted to do.

yeah , if you ask me what i want more , some new circuit for many deferent disciplines or just a new track for derby i would go with new curcuit , both because i will buy nextcargame with much content about derby and because derby is funny even with same track-car , especially if physics - handling are similar to grid 1....
About new circuits Loore , consider some of the best and most famous circuits we have already suggested like Spa , Bathrsut, Laguna Seca, Hungury, Catalunya, Nirburgring etc.....especiall Spa and Bathrust should be no off Grid Autosport...L-)

Purple44 said:

When it come to derby racing, you either love it or hate, I don't think there much middle ground. GRID 1 derby racing was second most popular tournament pick, behind touring car. So there were a few players that like derby racing.

Me, I love GRID 1 derby racing with 12 players, 8 laps and having to survive the wreckers to win maybe 1 or 2 races in a 3 hour session. GRID 2 derby racing took a little the fun out of it when I should of gotten one of my rare wins, but 1 of my laps did not count!!! :(

You clearly weren't going fast enough ;)

But I agree, it is the most fun I've ever had in a racing game, I still playing it earlier today!

its very disappointing that touge is out lol, well it seems the trend of 'Tokyo drift' has moved to um well,

what fascinates me is the inclusion of "super utes
so i know 5 aussies who like grid and such, and noone has ever said "yeeah mate they should totes add utes aye"
who the heck did codemasters listen to for that lmao