Jump to content Jump to content

GP2/GP3

buttonfan

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Yeah I haven't managed to catch the race yet, but I have seen the clip and man, that was nasty. Glad he is ok, but you know it's gonna be a big one when the race coverage director changes to another camera view.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
"FIA Formula 2 Championship

The World Motor Sport Council gave a mandate to the President to formalise the contract between the FIA and the GP2 promoter for the establishment of the FIA Formula 2 Championship to complete the FIA’s single-seater pyramid from Karting to Formula One."

It'll be interesting to see what this means for GP2...

• 5 months later...
There are 15 rookies in GP3 this year, gonna be manic...

But a great GP2 race! Feel very sorry for Sirotkin, just a silly mistake and you could tell he was kicking himself over it, but it spiced it up, with a great move by Nato on Gasly. I still don't know how he got past him, I was sure they were going to crash!

Hughesy said:
Yea that was funny, somebody jumped the gun :joy:

Also Alex Jakes and Will Buxton make a great commentary team, better than the Sky F1 team.
Yes I forgot to say, I really enjoyed it. Alex Jakes has really developed into a top commentator, and Will Buxton is always fantastic.

Slightly off topic, but one commentator I cannot stand is John Hindhaugh. He commentates on the WEC, and last time out in Spa there were so many occasions where he either got things wrong or simply missed things out. It is the most annoying thing as a passionate fan when the commentator has got it wrong or can't work out why something has happened, and you're sitting on your sofa knowing completely what is going on. I get that feeling a lot with Hindhaugh. 

John Hindhaugh really isn't that great, but honestly he's still better than either of the BT Sport MotoGP commentators. Those 2 go off on some random tangent for a few minutes, then seem to realise they're supposed to be commentating on motorcycle racing, and suddenly snap back into what they were supposed to be doing. Happens at least once every race.

MBKF1 said:
Hughesy said:
Yea that was funny, somebody jumped the gun :joy:

Also Alex Jakes and Will Buxton make a great commentary team, better than the Sky F1 team.
Yes I forgot to say, I really enjoyed it. Alex Jakes has really developed into a top commentator, and Will Buxton is always fantastic.

Slightly off topic, but one commentator I cannot stand is John Hindhaugh. He commentates on the WEC, and last time out in Spa there were so many occasions where he either got things wrong or simply missed things out. It is the most annoying thing as a passionate fan when the commentator has got it wrong or can't work out why something has happened, and you're sitting on your sofa knowing completely what is going on. I get that feeling a lot with Hindhaugh. 
When it comes to WEC Martin Haven is #1, ofcourse he's only in Le Mans if I remember correct.