Motorsport Games, Codemasters and FIA World Rallycross Championship presented by Monster Energy partner to create the World RX Esports Invitational Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Another Codemasters DLC Screw-Up

Its like David vs. Goliath. If Goliath would have squashed David like a bug, we more than likely never would know nothing about David or for that matter Goliath.

If McClaren beats Marussia, McClaren thinks nothing of it. And Marussia just says, oh well we get them next time. If "next time" does come and Marussia beats McClaren. You can bet that both teams will feel completely different emotions. 

Its like David vs. Goliath. If Goliath would have squashed David like a bug, we more than likely never would know nothing about David or for that matter Goliath.

If McClaren beats Marussia, McClaren thinks nothing of it. And Marussia just says, oh well we get them next time. If "next time" does come and Marussia beats McClaren. You can bet that both teams will feel completely different emotions. 

McLaren, McLaren, McLaren :D

...and now you can't even join the new Demolition Derby races if the host has any other DLC that you do not currently own.

CodeWasters, please consider getting out of the gaming business.  Look into blu-ray disk repair, dentistry (even in the UK) or nursing.  

...people are never happy nowdays...
I bought a game over 4 months ago that still doesn't work. Why should I be happy about that?

...there should be a little bit more respect towards the devs...
CodeMasters sold me a game that doesn't work. Why should I respect them for that?

yeah CM i ahve to agree with guys , do change your DLC strategy , it ruins the online experience.... Give all tracks -  modes for free and sell only cars , liveries , upgrades only as DLC.. :|

yeah CM i ahve to agree with guys , do change your DLC strategy , it ruins the online experience.... Give all tracks -  modes for free and sell only cars , liveries , upgrades only as DLC.. :|
lolwhat? upgrades as DLC only?
Seriously?!  :|

aerodance said:
lolwhat? upgrades as DLC only?
Seriously?!  :|
lol not sorry i did not want to say upgrades ...

no, mate. I'm just someone who appreciates the hardwork it is to develop a game.

GTA5 got sorted quickly because Rockstar's budget is probably 10x bigger than Codemasters. is like comparing Mercedes F1 with Marussia F1 teams. same category but different budgets.

moaning will not make Codemasters sort out things quicker. insulting them will not help either. my only point is that there should be a little bit more respect towards the devs. many comments in this forum are just way over the limit of respect.
You want to talk about respect..............

How about the respect of CM's customers,  or don't "we" deserve any? 

I paid full price on the day of release,  the respect the CM showed me, was a corrupt game save less than 2weeks in.  

They DON'T have any respect for "us",  If they did, the game would have worked.  It would have been tested, properly. 

Are they sorry about the mess?? No. 

If they were, we would all have been given FREE DLC,  they would have made some gesture to show they were sorry.   

Its the in game equivalent of being taken out, and watching the aggressor driving off into the sunset without a care in the world.  Slightly irritating to say the least.

I would have thought any company would respect its customers enough to actually sell them a working product, in the hope they will enjoy that product and buy future products. 

27th of June 2014 - 16th of November 2014......the game STILL doesn't work, and is now in a worse state than when initially released.

GTA5 got sorted quickly because Rockstar CARE about their customers opinions.  Would you buy GTA6 if 5 was crashing every time you join a mission, or start on a rampage, 5 months after release?   

Imagine what GTA5 would be like if CM made it???  There would only be 3 cars on screen at any time, due to memory limitations. 

How does GTA5 handle 16 people all causing havok, driving a range of different vehicles, flying planes, and have all the traffic and people walking about, when CM cant put mirrors into a racing game because of the memory?    

Forza 4 did it,  that game has better graphics.  

The only real limitations that have affected GAS are the skills of the people behind the game. 

GET THE PATCH OUT!   GIVE ALL THE DLC AWAY FOR FREE ON XBOX LIVE
Maybe the players will return.

Looking at it from a customers point if view, and this is just my opinion, GAS looks rushed.
I'm sure the devs can produce mirrors and detailed interiors, just looks to me like time ran out.
Polygon modelled accurate dash or quick photoshop blurry effort
That I can live with to a point. What is not acceptable is the length of time it's taking to fix the huge issues with basic playability. 
If this gets taken forward in to their next gen releases, Cm are going to find themselves out of the marketplace at a rapid rate of knots.
I think they're lucky as all eyes are now on next gen. if this were 2011, the issues we are all experiencing would be far more well publicised. it's only the faint hope that we are sitting on potentially the best ever racer of this generation is the only thing keeping us wanting it fixed. Well, that and the fact ya can't even give it away secondhand.
If this were a next gen release the problems would be splashed all over the gaming media. I can only imagine how much resource would be found to fix it then.

ps when GaS is fixed you may wish to look at the software driving these forums. There is currently around a three hour delay from typing words to them actually appearing ion the iPad screen.
Its a bit like the vide printer on TVs Grandstand in the 1980s