Sign in to follow this  

Another Codemasters DLC Screw-Up

Owners of the Sprint Pack are now being excluded from custom playlists featuring this DLC pack apparently due to the fact that the host also owns other DLC that may not even be featured in that particular session.

Codemasters, you screwed up the DLC in GRID 2 and you have done it again with GRID AutoSport.  Is this incompetence or deliberate TROLLING of your customer base?  

I knew this was going to happen again since the moment I started this thread - http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/3411/a-couple-of-questions-regarding-dlc-allowance-in-online-custom-cup

Obviously, there's been no reply from CM because the answer to the first two questions I posted would have been a clear "no". And that would drift people away from buying their product, again, obviously and for very good reasons.

If you only have one or two expansions, you're going to have to host, in order to be able to play with the people who own all three expansions. GRID 2 all over again. Divided community all over again. Multiplayer going to the bin again.

so thats why i cant join a room unless i host , was this because they suck or is because their greedy 
nobody will know but pisses me off
Sony is giving me a refund ,screw you CM
maybe if everyone goes this this might get a clue

I gave Loore 24 hours to respond and i got nothing

so thats why i cant join a room unless i host , was this because they suck or is because their greedy 
nobody will know but pisses me off
Sony is giving me a refund ,screw you CM
maybe if everyone goes this this might get a clue

I gave Loore 24 hours to respond and i got nothing
Yep there customer service is unreal, it's zero. No replys to PMs or emails to CodeM or customer service. And that was last friday lol

For me this game has been the best racer i have played on PS3, its just a shame they don't get there public relations right!
I think i will hold of buying this DLC for now.

MaXKiLLz said:
Good thing I got this game for free.  What a joke.
Which is the bigger failure? GRID 2 or GRID AutoSport?  I'd argue that it's AutoSport given that known problems have been repeated, menus and lobbies are even more insufferable and there aren't even any fookin' mirrors for the cars!

LMAO! Codemasters may be the first developer to actually troll its customers.

They must love dividing up the community because the same happened with F1 2013 and the classic content, do they even test the DLC for issues, I very much doubt that they do.... they should be ashamed but they have shown over and over again that they don't care...

codies devs are like 

http://commentphotos.com/gallery/CommentPhotos.com_1391958779.jpg

If your opponent is completely staged, you have a limited amount of time to stage yourself. That's why you got DQ'ed.

TUSMBOX said:
If your opponent is completely staged, you have a limited amount of time to stage yourself. That's why you got DQ'ed.
This :)

It was almost 10 seconds in before you had almost reached the line, you can see your opponent already waiting. We go into the rules a bit more in this blog article: http://blog.codemasters.com/grid/10/grid-autosport-drag-racing/

It would be nice to know that all other racers have disconnected though, three times last night I staged (started with at least three other in the race) and just sat there for a minute and had to disq myself to find I was the only one left in the lobby.

Thats funny I played 3 to 4 hours yesterday and never had this problem. Just playing yesterday I knew folks would be crying about this. And then I will get accused of cheating.
OnLiveTig said:
...and so it begins with Drag Racing.  My God, CodeWasters.

LOL.  I'll try to pass on your responses to the guy who actually posted the video.

While I'm there, I'll ask what he was thinking when buying more of this silly DLC for a game that still has huge network issues and no f'ing mirrors! 

OnLiveTig said:
LOL.  I'll try to pass on your responses to the guy who actually posted the video.

While I'm there, I'll ask what he was thinking when buying more of this silly DLC for a game that still has huge network issues and no f'ing mirrors! 
many racing games don't have mirrors
many games (not just racing) have bugs and network issues
many games have even more rip-off DLCs

people are never happy nowdays...

many racing games don't have mirrorsName me a GOOD racing game in the last few years that didnt have mirrors (i.e. one that people actually play)

- And they get fixed quickly and efficiently as a matter of urgency. Look at GTA V and how quickly that got sorted.

- Correct, but usually for games that are working.

people are never happy nowdays... - They aren't when they are being taken for mugs. Being spoon-fed crap.

OnLiveTig said:

many racing games don't have mirrors

people are never happy nowdays...
This is the kind of fanboy apologist thinking that keeps this nonsense going.  Seriously, how many excuses are you planning on making for this kind of crap?

no, mate. I'm just someone who appreciates the hardwork it is to develop a game.

GTA5 got sorted quickly because Rockstar's budget is probably 10x bigger than Codemasters. is like comparing Mercedes F1 with Marussia F1 teams. same category but different budgets.

moaning will not make Codemasters sort out things quicker. insulting them will not help either. my only point is that there should be a little bit more respect towards the devs. many comments in this forum are just way over the limit of respect.

no, mate. I'm just someone who appreciates the hardwork it is to develop a game.

GTA5 got sorted quickly because Rockstar's budget is probably 10x bigger than Codemasters. is like comparing Mercedes F1 with Marussia F1 teams. same category but different budgets.

moaning will not make Codemasters sort out things quicker. insulting them will not help either. my only point is that there should be a little bit more respect towards the devs. many comments in this forum are just way over the limit of respect.
As a former developer myself I also appreciate just how much work goes in to a commercial product. I worked in a team of 7. Our first product was two years in the making. When customers found bugs, we stayed up late, worked weekends and we made sure we fixed them. We existed on coffee, adrenalin, and pride in our work because our income depended on all of it. Without the feedback we got and the support of our loyal customers, we couldn't have existed.

Couldn't care less about Rockstar's budget. The retail price is the same, I expect the same quality and support for my £40 thankyouverymuch.

I agree there is no excuse for out and out rudeness but......

It seems the norm these days for developers (not just CM) to send games out riddled with bugs.  Some of us remember the days before online when a game had to be perfect first time because there was no way of patching it after it had been shipped out.  I don't think it is too much for the consumer to expect a game that has no major bugs on release, particularly game breaking ones... and if there is then they should be fixed asap.

On xbox we had to wait two months for the corrupt game save to be fixed and we now have the game freeze issue.  Both these problems have/are severely impacted on the ability to play the game as it was meant.  The game was released at the end of June and we have had about 4/5 weeks of trouble free gaming since then.  So while I appreciate what you are saying and agree about the lack of respect, we need to remember that people have paid their hard earned cash and may be slightly p'd off and feeling that the devs. have shown little respect to them in shipping out a "broken" product.

As for the comparison of McLaren and Marussia, there are some who believe Marussia have no place in F1 due to their lack of pace and ability to keep up with the rest lol.

As for the comparison of McLaren and Marussia, there are some who believe Marussia have no place in F1 due to their lack of pace and ability to keep up with the rest lol.
the strong will survive and the weak will suffer

the strong will survive and the weak will suffer
Hmmmm... I'm not a big fan of McLaren/Ron Dennis so in this instance I hope it's more a case of "In a just cause the weak will beat the strong". (Quote by - Sophocles).

(Sorry for going off topic but it had to be said lol)