Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2017 Versace Italian Grand Prix

Special one off racing suits this weekend for the King of Bling, Lewis Hamilton, designed by luxury Italian fashion company, Versace.

I'm desperate now.

versace versace versace versace versace versace

*skkrt*

VERSACE VERSACE VERSACE VERSACE VERSACE VERSACE

*SKKRT*

versace VERSACE versace VERSACE VERSACE versace

*skkrt*

VERSACE VERSACE versace VERSACE VERSACE VERSACE

I think so too. It was obviously absolutely right to delay it a bit after Grosjean's crash, but the circuit looks much better now than it did.

If it gets cancelled I'll be well pissed. Such a nice sunny afternoon at home, I could've gone out!

Thing is he had a twitch, lifted then went straight back on the loud pedal. Everyone else had the same issue, but managed to get through it ok. It's unfortunate for him, but delaying it so much just because one car crashed is silly. These cars clear water very quickly and at one point the track was ok, but they didn't pull the trigger, if they did we could have finished the sessions because cars would have been circulating.

I'm watching Lewis Hamilton's Instagram live stream, much better than what's on the TV!

So they are already talking about going onto inters, remind me again why we've had to wait so long! I'm not angry because I've had to wait, I'm angry because a lot of fans have left the track because the powers that be are pricks.

Red Bull finally up to something good, then there is grid penalties.

Meanwhile, Hamilton is a monster. And Stroll and Ocon delivered.

Lance strolling everyone but Lewis. Hats off to both of them, and Ocon. Lol at Ferrari, even though they will come back stronger.

That has to have been the most exciting qualifying of the year. Well worth waiting 2 hours for! Amazing lap from Hamilton, awesome to see Stroll and Ocon kick ass too. Kinda strange how Ferrari just couldn't go any faster, and disappointing that Red Bull have penalties though.

I'm hoping the race is just as good with Vettel trying to get through to chase Hamilton, and with the Red Bulls coming through from the back.

Bloody heck, what a brilliant session! What a shame Red Bull had to take all their penalties this weekend. But at the same time, I cannot wait to see Stroll and Ocon mixing it up at the front of the race tomorrow. Wow!

Reub09 said:
What in the name of god was De Vries doing in the GP2 feature race, completely veered over on Leclerc and Leclerc hit the wall and finished last -_- 
It wasn't De Vries fault. Leclerc hit De Vries left rear tyre with his front wing, which gave De Vries a puncture, which then caused him to veer into Leclerc.

Charles can moan all he wants, but he caused it. And I'm glad he did, considering that Rowland - the only person close to Leclerc - went out thanks to his team not putting his wheel on correctly.

There's a vid on YT, check between 10 and 12 seconds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xW0QsYTRhRA

Reub09 said:
What in the name of god was De Vries doing in the GP2 feature race, completely veered over on Leclerc and Leclerc hit the wall and finished last -_- 
It wasn't De Vries fault. Leclerc hit De Vries left rear tyre with his front wing, which gave De Vries a puncture, which then caused him to veer into Leclerc.

Charles can moan all he wants, but he caused it. And I'm glad he did, considering that Rowland - the only person close to Leclerc - went out thanks to his team not putting his wheel on correctly.
Haven't seen it but sounds like a racing incident due to Matsushita to me.

fIsince08 said:
Reub09 said:

Haven't seen it but sounds like a racing incident due to Matsushita to me.
Just edited a video in.

Reub09 said:

You're kidding me right? Did you actually watch the video you linked, De Vries swipes right across the track into Leclerc, Leclerc didn't hit him before that.

Hughesy said:
Reub09 said:

You're kidding me right? Did you actually watch the video you linked, De Vries swipes right across the track into Leclerc, Leclerc didn't hit him before that.
Well that's a little uncalled for. Why would I link a video if I hadn't watched it? I know you got new glasses a while back, but maybe you should get your eyes tested again Hughesy ;)

What I wish we had is onboard video from De Vries car, cos to me if you watch it in slowmo it looks like he's counter steering rather than steering towards Leclerc, but without onboard it's too hard to say for sure.

Hughesy said:
Reub09 said:

Well that's a little uncalled for. Why would I link a video if I hadn't watched it? I know you got new glasses a while back, but maybe you should get your eyes tested again Hughesy ;)

What I wish we had is onboard video from De Vries car, cos to me if you watch it in slowmo it looks like he's counter steering rather than steering towards Leclerc, but without onboard it's too hard to say for sure.
Racing incident to me. De Vries slid towards Leclerc due to a lack of grip, whilst Leclerc drove towards De Vries in avoidance of Matsushita and may actually slide himself towards De Vries.

I thought it was De Vries struggling for traction which caused it, but you might be right there Prawn. Maybe it was contact with Leclerc that gave him a puncture.

Either way, there's no way De Vries did that on purpose, he was clearly correcting something and Leclerc was just incredibly unfortunate to be on the receiving end of it.

Shame, because what a superb last lap that could've been between them. But still, I'm happy for Ghiotto!

On another note, surely Ferrari need to drop Fuoco from their junior team at the end of this season? Yes, he got a podium today, but he totally lucked into it with the shenanigans ahead. I wasn't expecting him to beat Leclerc this year, but I was expecting him to be at least top 3 in the championship. He's been very disappointing this year.