Sign in to follow this  

GRID Autosport NOT Next Gen.... same for F1 2014?

I'm really shocked that GRID Autosport is not being developed for PS4 & Xbox One.

Should we take this as a sign that F1 2014 also won't be developed for those consoles?  Does the PC version have to endure another year of being held back by the PS3/360, while games like Project CARS are being developed for next gen consoles and PC, and look breathtaking?

Thoughts?

I'm really shocked that GRID Autosport is not being developed for PS4 & Xbox One.

Should we take this as a sign that F1 2014 also won't be developed for those consoles?  Does the PC version have to endure another year of being held back by the PS3/360, while games like Project CARS are being developed for next gen consoles and PC, and look breathtaking?

Thoughts?
How are you shocked?

As soon as the devs realised Grid2 was not what their main audience wanted, they began work on Autosport to attempt to rectify that. Its using the same engine, and being released around a year after G2. Its probably using a lot of the same assets/cars as G2. And i'm not disappointed, because of the short release schedule and reworked handling system.

They did not have this game planned before G2, so there was no way that they could have gotten a decent version onto next gen consoles, while still achieving the same level of polish.

And games like Project CARS have been in development for a much longer time. The next gen EGO engine is confirmed to be in development, but not ready yet.

I think you should just be thankful were getting another Grid game, intsead of waiting anther couple of years for the next gen one.

Why do we care whether or not the game will be on "next" gen?, what the F1 game needs is a major overhaul in order to fix the ashaming number of bugs and faults, specially on PC version. Do you want this bug fest being ported on to the next gen too?, same physics again?, same handling, same everything for the fifth year in a row?, same problems too now with 4GB RAM?

I remember the supreme incompetent at CM Birmingham Studios in charge of this series replying on twiter to one dude that asked him If he and his team were taking advantage of the 4GB RAM of the new consoles. The dude was foolishly thinking CM would even spare some RAM (like If 4GB was a lot actually); and he replied him there wasn't much of a difference as they obviously have to use more ram for this, more for that, etc. This means you can rest assured they are making F2014 for the new consoles too, unfortunately.

You can also take for granted It will be a port from the older consoles, because the game will very probably be on xbox360 and ps3 too.

Grid autosport is just a particualr case. Racing Studio guys feel too ashamed for what they have done with their pathetically oriented to the cancerous casual audience Grid2 abomination, and want to close the series on current gen in a honourable way; they want to redeem themselves, and I like that. Sadly, and and way confirmed for the fourth time already, that won't be the case with Birmingham studios and their F1 game.

Have a link to info on new EGO engine?
http://www.videogamer.com/xbox360/grid_autosport/news/grid_autosport_interview_when_we_do_make_a_next-gen_game_it_wont_be_a_current-gen_port.html

Here. Not much to be said, since the article is about Grid Autosport, but it says:

"Our next-gen EGO engine is underway, and future titles will absolutely support PS4 and Xbox One. However, we don’t have thousands of developers across multiple development houses around the world, so there was no way we could take our existing engine and port it, in a year."

They also say that if they made Grid Autosport a next gen game, it wouldnt really be a 'proper' next gen title.

Thoughts?
no as I read that Autosport is the last last gen game being made by CM the next F1 game will be a next gen attempt if that's the case which I think it is I don't think you need to worry they just wanted one last go with that gen

Does the PC version have to endure another year of being held back by the PS3/360 while games like Project CARS are being developed for next gen consoles and PC, and look breathtaking?
Nope. They’ve already stated that, unusually, the PC version is the lead version for Autosport with its 4k textures and whatnot. That suggests to me they’re already some way along the road to tailoring the engine to the PC-like hardware of the next gen consoles.

If F1 2014 is not on the PS4 and Xbox One then it will not be worth a purchase. Why? Because 2013, Classic stuff aside, was a copy of 2012, so 2014 will likely be similar/the same if it's not on the new consoles. And even if they are, I don't have much faith unless Career is majorly reworked and the AI are a lot better.

F1 2014 will likely be next-gen, although nobody really knows at this stage, just seems logical to fire out a game on current-gen and release the flagship title on next-gen at the end of the year. 

F1 2014 will likely be next-gen, although nobody really knows at this stage, just seems logical to fire out a game on current-gen and release the flagship title on next-gen at the end of the year. 
yeah I think that was really the plan for Autosport one last go on the PS3/360 gen before switching attention to the new systems

Does the PC version have to endure another year of being held back by the PS3/360 while games like Project CARS are being developed for next gen consoles and PC, and look breathtaking?
Nope. They’ve already stated that, unusually, the PC version is the lead version for Autosport with its 4k textures and whatnot. That suggests to me they’re already some way along the road to tailoring the engine to the PC-like hardware of the next gen consoles.
yeah that's my feeling too use the PC| version to try out sime new things they may be using on the PS4/XB1 later when they're ready

Hopefully you guys are right about it being the last 360/PS3 game, GRID I can deal with I only really want it because there are no NG racers at the moment, but if they don't release F1 on NG then they really are taking the mick. 

I reckon F1 2014 will be next-gen. It would have been nearly a year since they were released, so yeah, I'm sure it will be next-gen.

I really hope F1 2014 will be on PS4. It would be a shame if not.
But I have some doubts. F1 2013 had bad sales and CM said their first next gen game has to be something special.

Easy for me to say as I’m not going next-gen anytime soon, but part of me almost wishes they’d skip F1 2014 to make 2015 awesome on next gen. Given the problems other next-gen racing titles are having (huge delay on Driveclub, and Forza 5 widely criticised at launch for lack of content and missing features compared to Forza 4 even with the launch-title resources of Microsoft Studios behind them), it strikes me they’re not something you can just quickly bang together on the new platforms even if you’re well experienced at producing them on the old ones.

You would think they started on the next gen versions a long time ago - long before F1 2013 was even released.

You would think they started on the next gen versions a long time ago - long before F1 2013 was even released.
I’m sure you’re right, and I’m sure all the other studios whose next-gen games have been delayed did too. But there’s a limit to how soon you can really start developing a game for a brand new platform while APIs and even the hardware are still changing relatively near to launch, and who knows whether the expected arrival of Direct X 12 will cause any unforeseen headaches for the Xbox One version too.

DirectX 12 isn't being released until 2015.

I bought an Xbox One assuming that F1 2014 would be releasing on it later this year. Grid Autosport has me worried now. If F1 2014 only comes out for last gen and PC, I sure as hell won't buy it, even though my PC is easily capable of playing it. 
I race in an Xbox league and if I cant race current gen F1 with the friends I've made there, then I won't waste money on any CM products until it is released on XB1 and PS4.

I bought an Xbox One assuming that F1 2014 would be releasing on it later this year. Grid Autosport has me worried now. If F1 2014 only comes out for last gen and PC, I sure as hell won't buy it, even though my PC is easily capable of playing it. 
I race in an Xbox league and if I cant race current gen F1 with the friends I've made there, then I won't waste money on any CM products until it is released on XB1 and PS4.
You will buy it because I need someone to crash into..

:)) :))

We'll have Project Cars for that ;)