Sign in to follow this  

F1 2014 Singapore Hot Lap

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRNXFhN_Ylw

We can’t wait for this weekend’s race at Singapore and to witness another chapter in what has been an incredible and incident packed championship. It’s certainly been a vintage year for F1 so far. So to get you in the mood for this weekend’s night race, we’ve got a new F1 2014 hot lap video and, of course, it’s set at the Marina Bay circuit, home of the Singapore Grand Prix. Enjoy, and enjoy the race this weekend!

Hahaha.. i thought that "okey, nobody has made any posts about the new vid, than i can make a thread" and then i see sotchi and see the new vid off Singapore xD

Really?Lotus hasnt changed its steering wheel.All cm had to do was copy and paste last years model.But no!Lets change it because we can..Nail in the coffin for me.

Still no cockpit view is it really that bad?  Cars with the wrong steering wheel...... erm..................skip this one me thinks 

Another 'Hot Lap' video with the sound bug and choppy disorientating camera direction..... It can't be that hard CM to produce a Hot lap video from on board only with one of you people there driving to show the physics model...... PLEASE DO A VIDEO LIKE THAT!!!!!

Codemasters obviously don't want to show us how the cars handle but they are trying to make us happy by incorporating more T-cam. The only problem is that whenever they show us T-cam is when the car is going in a straight line. And anyway, how can people judge how good a game will be by watching a hot lap with lots of camera changes. In my opinion you judge how good a game is until you have played it. For some people they may think that it is a modded f1 2013 but play it at a mates house (if they have it) and then think about buying the game. If you don't like it, don't buy and if you like it, buy it. Simple as that!

mmpaw37 said:

...Erm...Well...What can I say really that I haven't said before...

As some of you may be aware, I was quite vocal in my opinions regarding the steering wheel issue, and as a whole I have had to dig deep and unfortunately accept them...however!...

Why has this Lotus wheel been changed at all CM???...HATTA can you explain this please?

Secondly, I am not usually one to fall for(or get involved in) conspiracy theories as a rule but, If you study the hotlap, when in the TV-cam it never shows the car going through the corner onboard???...WHY?

I can only say now that CM must be not wanting to show us that part, therefore it suggests they are trying to 'cover' something up, what that is who knows!

To be quite honest, I think CM should refrain from releasing anymore of these videos, It could be doing more harm than good!

Good points there mate.... About there not being any on board as the car goes through corners....... Look here at the Red Bull Ring lap again and watch at exactly 1:00 minute and you notice as the car goes around the left hander, the steering wheel hardly turns at all, but all other shots (sidepod or TV cameras) the steering wheel turns correctly.... Could have been a bug in the game when all these hot laps were produced... Just an idea! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lr3BWWSi5oo  

mmpaw37 said:

Good points there mate.... About there not being any on board as the car goes through corners....... Look here at the Red Bull Ring lap again and watch at exactly 1:00 minute and you notice as the car goes around the left hander, the steering wheel hardly turns at all, but all other shots (sidepod or TV cameras) the steering wheel turns correctly.... Could have been a bug in the game when all these hot laps were produced... Just an idea! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lr3BWWSi5oo  

I've just been thinking about it and I think I may have the answer.

Firstly, If you look at the Lotus wheel in the F1 2014 Screenshots thread, you'll notice that on the wheel to the right there is a rotary dial switch which has a green cap on the top, now...

If you look at the wheel in the video, It clearly shows that the rotary switch in the same location doesn't have a green 'cap' to it. Therefore, I think I can safely assume that all of these hotlap videos were produced at a much earlier time in the build, and the wheels have been updated since then.

The screenshots in the 'screenshots' thread were uploaded by Hatta himself who will have taken those with the final build, which he has.

Secondly, I think we are not seeing through corner onboard footage is because it could be due to these video hotlaps are an early build, and possibly the physics could well be the 2013 car physics...?

Yes mate you could be right there...... I hope the cars don't handle how they appear in the Hot lap videos, as they seem very 'neutral'........... But of course that's because it's the AI driving.....  It would be great to have a 'human player' Hot lap..... Please Hatta!!!??? This game comes out in 28 days and still no build up??!!

Anyone noticed how much the night race lighting is improved ?

Check this one quick comparison pic between the F1 2014 on youtube and F1 2013 (maxed on PC, with 2014 livery mod) to see the lighting difference.
http://i1061.photobucket.com/albums/t478/NytRyda/14v13night_zps27b34c8d.jpg

2013 is way more grey than 2014

As for the steering wheels, I think it's been said it was a resourcing issue, i.e. they didn't have the manpower or time to do unique steering wheels for the cars this year. They're clearly focussing on F1 2015 and F1 2014 is just being put out for people who want this year's teams/drivers/tracks. Or perhaps they HAVE to put out a game each year in the contract with F1, I dunno.

Interesting that CM improved the guys in the pit wall (1:57) but not the steering wheels. I'm not even sure though that the guys in the pit wall improvement will even be noticed in actual gameplay.

Interesting that CM improved the guys in the pit wall (1:57) but not the steering wheels. I'm not even sure though that the guys in the pit wall improvement will even be noticed in actual gameplay.
To be fair, it’s not impossible that it was easy to dump some things from their 2015 code straight into 2014, and the pit wall guys fell into that category.

To be fair, it’s not impossible that it was easy to dump some things from their 2015 code straight into 2014, and the pit wall guys fell into that category.
For sure this Hot lap is from the PC on max settings.......... I would think on the PS3/360 versions that rhe pit wall will be the usual static sprites as always...... although i hope not!!!

It's amazing how some people pay so much attention to esthetic details. When I play/race all I pay attention to is the track ahead and the position of cars in proximity.  I'm most concerned about steering feel as it changes with every edition and connectivity/freezing issues.  The 2014 is just a filler before the 2015 as CM has made this clear when they anounced it. So expect a 2013 with a new suit.

Hatta said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRNXFhN_Ylw

We can’t wait for this weekend’s race at Singapore and to witness another chapter in what has been an incredible and incident packed championship. It’s certainly been a vintage year for F1 so far. So to get you in the mood for this weekend’s night race, we’ve got a new F1 2014 hot lap video and, of course, it’s set at the Marina Bay circuit, home of the Singapore Grand Prix. Enjoy, and enjoy the race this weekend!
I'm already in the mood for this weekends night race and can't wait too, but that has nothing to do with this appalling so called hot lap video. How can this put anyone in the mood for this weekends race? You having a laugh no?

@Hatta   Why  can not you boot up your copy of  F1 2014  and do say 5 laps  in TT  mode and with cockpit view and  get some one on your team  to film  you  driving even if its a iphone  copy  who cares    as the  Community Manager  you should be able  to surely  ...