Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

List of PC online bugs we've experienced, IMO the game is unplayable online.

- Blue flags appearing on lap 1, sometimes directly off the start.
- AI cars driving incredibly slowly (like they are behind safety car but the safety car is not out)
- Cars stationary on track (either after a crash, or sometimes they are just randomly parked up on track in ghost mode). Crashed cars are not recovered.
- AI de-sync between clients (not everyone sees the same AI, experienced this on Monaco)
- The VSC and SC is completely absent in online Championship (how did this get past testing???)
- Stuttering graphical performance when playing online (not present in single player)
- Track sectors being under yellow flag for the entire race.

There are numerous threads in this forum about all of these issues.

@F1Support - Please respond. Every year we buy the F1 game and every year there are bugs which make the game almost unplayable sometimes. For an incremental yearly upgrade, this is quite unacceptable. Can you at least respond?

Have experienced the same issues @Hawkeye407 has listed here.

Yet again another F1 game which has bypassed testing. I've experienced a number of issues listed within the first couple of games.

Why is this acceptable?

Agreed with the above. The absence of VSC/SC events in MP is present too.
'Train' AI is present. Very slow under maybe 'invisible VSC'.
Persistent yellow flags still an issue.
Desync is leading to some cars appearing to collide on others games whereas player does not collide in their own game.
Retired cars and debris is not cleared - could be tidied up with SC patch.
When people have seen SC in Single Player they are often overtaken by AI and penalised when trying to retake position or told to pass the SC and then being told to hand back.

These are gamebreakers @F1Support, they have multiple reports and need fixing.

Wow, if you think that this is unplayable, try F1 2016 online.

I also did a list of Multiplayer related bugs a couple days ago, maybe take a look there too @F1Support

LSKone said:

I also did a list of Multiplayer related bugs a couple days ago, maybe take a look there too @F1Support

We did play F1 2016 online, and I agree that had some pretty bad bugs in it, but I think F1 2017 is much worse. Still silence from @F1Support ...

LSKone said:

I remember them vividly.
Particularly "equal cars" not actually being equal.
Or higher FPS yielding greater grip and reduced lap time.

Excellent stuff.

The lack of news about the multiplayer mode had its basis in what we have today, a game that has been based on the career mode but that have completely left out this mode.

JuanCarMR said:
The lack of news about the multiplayer mode had its basis in what we have today, a game that has been based on the career mode but that have completely left out this mode.
Yeah but they've completely stuffed the data look up and the programming to make the career mode even remotely playable.

I wonder if the testers did not have access to this mode or, if on the contrary they had it and did not detect these bugs.

In any case Codemasters should rethink the subject of testers.

JuanCarMR said:
I wonder if the testers did not have access to this mode or, if on the contrary they had it and did not detect these bugs.

In any case Codemasters should rethink the subject of testers.
MP and TT were beta tested in a restricted form, no career testing and with placeholder cars until the last two beta builds.

I feel pretty disappointed really. I pre-ordered based on the beta and CM were pleased with the beta feedback which was pretty good on the whole. It's apparent they focused on the wrong areas.

So many issues with controller inputs were not apparent. The rest is simple QA on datasets (fuel loads, fuel burn were all wrong in beta) and the game engine is broken with respect to all the extra elements added post beta.

They have the basis of an excellent game, it's failed spectacularly in bolting the pieces together.

It was all PR Work. Codemasters is well aware that MP sucks. Notice how all the positive reviews never touched the Multiplayer part, because "it was not online as of pre-release testing time" ?

Pretty sure that the overall review score would be worse, if Multiplayer was online for all reviewers.
Even more depressing is, how all of those "legit" reviewers didn't even care that much, because they had to sh1t out their review on release day.

It's depressing how many bug reports we see on this game, especially how many bugs there are reported on the multiplayer part.

It's depressing to see, that even though all of the previous F1 games usually were buggy af, only now they created a special Support account on this forum. Hi @F1Support ;)

Codemasters never cared to fix those game breaking bugs in the previous F1 games, I hope that it changes now.

Sorry for slightly off-topic rant.

Its the year 2017 we live in. Almost every game has a proper multiplayer function. Cmon on codemasters a race game where you cant race against other human players on the internet?

@jennyannem @f1support Could we please get a response? The lack of response on the subject is getting ridicules and just rude towards your customers.

JuanCarMR said:
Which makes it even more disgraceful that single player is buggy as hell too.

Its the year 2017 we live in. Almost every game has a proper multiplayer function. Cmon on codemasters a race game where you cant race against other human players on the internet?

@jennyannem @f1support Could we please get a response? The lack of response on the subject is getting ridicules and just rude towards your customers.

Same old same old from this company we have your money now we go into silent mode and patch some minor unimportant stuff.

Same old same old from this company we have your money now we go into silent mode and patch some minor unimportant stuff.

Not this year. If this is not getting fixed I refund the game.

@jennyannem Response? or to busy with tinder?

It's a bit depressing seeing @F1Support respond to other threads but completely ignore all the threads which are talking about the multiplayer bugs. I get the feeling Codemasters have instructed their support staff to completely ignore multiplayer issues as they either don't know how to fix them or are not willing to spend the time in fixing them. This is the last Codemasters game I buy.

It's a bit depressing seeing @F1Support respond to other threads but completely ignore all the threads which are talking about the multiplayer bugs. I get the feeling Codemasters have instructed their support staff to completely ignore multiplayer issues as they either don't know how to fix them or are not willing to spend the time in fixing them. This is the last Codemasters game I buy.

I have the same feeling when I just saw @f1support replay in a other thread. They just ignore this topic completely. Its getting sad and funny at the same time.

@jennyannem Any response?

Some of the stuff on that list is already covered elsewhere.
  • Blue flags appearing on lap 1, sometimes directly off the start.
  • The VSC and SC is completely absent in online Championship
  • Track sectors being under yellow flag for the entire race.
As for the rest I find these kinds of threads really difficult to reply to because a long list of issues you've seen with no context could literally be caused by anything. I need to know when the issues are happening and what lead to them if I'm going to get anywhere investigating them.

F1Support said:
As for the rest I find these kinds of threads really difficult to reply to because a long list of issues you've seen with no context could literally be caused by anything. I need to know when the issues are happening and what lead to them if I'm going to get anywhere investigating them.
Regarding the AI drivers driving at reduced speed, there's a very detailed post about it here but it's been completely ignored:

http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/56966/bug-multiplayer-ai-drivers-reduce-speed

F1Support said:
This is a bit cheap awnser. In all the multiplayer threads people report the same kind of issues. How much further do you want us to troubleshoot these issues for you guys? And it should not be that hard to expreianse these issues yourself. Just load up the game and join a multiplayer game.

This is a bit cheap awnser. In all the multiplayer threads people report the same kind of issues. How much further do you want us to troubleshoot these issues for you guys? And it should not be that hard to expreianse these issues yourself. Just load up the game and join a multiplayer game.
Just experiencing a problem or knowing it happens is not that helpful. I need to know why it happens and in what circumstances to be able to make it happen reliably so we can debug it. A long thread of we saw this and we saw that tells me there is a problem but gives me no help tracking it down. Videos are always useful as well as information about what happened in the lead up to a bug occurring. In some cases that information is going to be all I need.

In this case I know the bug happened on PC. I don't know which version, how many players were present, were there AI, which track(s) were you playing etc etc.