Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

List of PC online bugs we've experienced, IMO the game is unplayable online.

- Stuttering graphical performance when playing online (not present in single player)

This needs to be fixed ASAP! .... my fps counter is at 130-144fps but all of a sudden it goes to 36fps for like 1sec and it keeps happening over and over and my setup is beastly so it´s not my computer

Graphics: GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
CPU: Intel Core i7-7700 4.2GHz Turbo
Memory: 16GB kit (2x8GB) DDR4 3200MHz

F1Support said:
This is a bit cheap awnser. In all the multiplayer threads people report the same kind of issues. How much further do you want us to troubleshoot these issues for you guys? And it should not be that hard to expreianse these issues yourself. Just load up the game and join a multiplayer game.
Just experiencing a problem or knowing it happens is not that helpful. I need to know why it happens and in what circumstances to be able to make it happen reliably so we can debug it. A long thread of we saw this and we saw that tells me there is a problem but gives me no help tracking it down. Videos are always useful as well as information about what happened in the lead up to a bug occurring. In some cases that information is going to be all I need.

In this case I know the bug happened on PC. I don't know which version, how many players were present, were there AI, which track(s) were you playing etc etc.
@F1Support Asking your paying customers to debug your issues for you in the detail you're asking for is unacceptable I'm afraid. All you have to do is playtest the game properly and you will see these issues for yourself (just play a couple races online and you will experience everything I've described). As paying customers we deserve better than this, asking your paying customers to devote their FREE time to track down bugs and generate detailed reports for you, when you should be paying a proper test team to do this (who will be trained in giving you the exact information you require) is unacceptable to me.

The arrogance from @F1Support is hilarious. I'll tell you something else that isn't helpful shall I? The fact that two weeks after handing over £45 to you the game is still a buggy unplayable mess. But hey, why should you care? You've got my money. I'm the idiot who should have known better. 

Bennyjj81 said:
The arrogance from @F1Support is hilarious. I'll tell you something else that isn't helpful shall I? The fact that two weeks after handing over £45 to you the game is still a buggy unplayable mess. But hey, why should you care? You've got my money. I'm the idiot who should have known better. 
ware all in the same boat pal i'll be keepin my £45 next year an every year codemasters make an f1 game. same s°°° every year.

F1Support said:
This is a bit cheap awnser. In all the multiplayer threads people report the same kind of issues. How much further do you want us to troubleshoot these issues for you guys? And it should not be that hard to expreianse these issues yourself. Just load up the game and join a multiplayer game.
Just experiencing a problem or knowing it happens is not that helpful. I need to know why it happens and in what circumstances to be able to make it happen reliably so we can debug it. A long thread of we saw this and we saw that tells me there is a problem but gives me no help tracking it down. Videos are always useful as well as information about what happened in the lead up to a bug occurring. In some cases that information is going to be all I need.

In this case I know the bug happened on PC. I don't know which version, how many players were present, were there AI, which track(s) were you playing etc etc.
@F1Support Asking your paying customers to debug your issues for you in the detail you're asking for is unacceptable I'm afraid. All you have to do is playtest the game properly and you will see these issues for yourself (just play a couple races online and you will experience everything I've described). As paying customers we deserve better than this, asking your paying customers to devote their FREE time to track down bugs and generate detailed reports for you, when you should be paying a proper test team to do this (who will be trained in giving you the exact information you require) is unacceptable to me.
The best comment I've read on this forum in a long time,
The game is a utter embarrassment for a full release and it's staff are in cloud cuckoo land with their expectations of the community. 
Personally think everyone has done a great job telling them how broke their game is but surly they must have known already from just playing it

JuanCarMR said:
I wonder if the testers did not have access to this mode or, if on the contrary they had it and did not detect these bugs.

In any case Codemasters should rethink the subject of testers.
MP and TT were beta tested in a restricted form, no career testing and with placeholder cars until the last two beta builds.

I feel pretty disappointed really. I pre-ordered based on the beta and CM were pleased with the beta feedback which was pretty good on the whole. It's apparent they focused on the wrong areas.

So many issues with controller inputs were not apparent. The rest is simple QA on datasets (fuel loads, fuel burn were all wrong in beta) and the game engine is broken with respect to all the extra elements added post beta.

They have the basis of an excellent game, it's failed spectacularly in bolting the pieces together.
same as last year, beta test was good, game felt promising. then shit was delivered. support was cut off and they announced this one shortly after.

F1Support said:

looks like you guys wont stop being retarded. is that cunt lozzy still working with you? or the other cunt that said that everything in his osw wheel was perfect and there were no bugs, and that ffb was comparable to iracing and rfactor ahahhaha ALL HIS LEAGUES WERE PERFECT WITH NO ISSUES.
what a bunch of retards, gj codies never change. i cant even refund this piece of shit game.

seriously another crappy release, its faith at this point, hoping you will release something good, you have YEARS of testing but because of lazy programming and lack of a new engine you will still be delivering the same shit games.

F1Support said:

You don't exactly offer much in the way of debug tools for the players, so that's easier said than done. Especially with things like the game performance dropping in multiplayer relative to singleplayer, we shouldn't be doing the testing for you. This isn't the beta anymore.

>I don't know which version
Are you serious? The PC game is on Steam, which auto-updates, so people are only going to be posting about the latest version as of the time of posting. And what do you do with issues where the number of players, the number of AIs and the tracks and cars used do not affect how they pan out, such as this one?

F1Support said:

I have to agree to that. Maybe take a day off the usual work @F1Support , play a couple of hours Multiplayer on PC, crack open a cold one with the boys, try out all the different modes, and you will see most of those bugs for yourself. I guarantee it.

Good to see people standing up.

@f1support and @jennyannem Could you please update us on the progress for multiplayer issues. I don't think people accept it anymore when the final answer comes that you guys will fix this in the 2018 game. That's what I think will happen.

Cm I beg you. Fix it. This game is just Impossible for leagues to organise races. Any update on the 1.6 patch comming to PS4?

The tail of 2 developers  C.I games release sniper ghost warrior 3 in a shambles state,, only a few weeks later come out and say "its our fault, we got this wrong and over estimated what we could do with an open world platform, we are sorry"... Then F1 2017 from codeamateurs "its not our fault you cant give us a proper description of why our game doesn't work".  HEY codies,, i refuse to be charged 80 Aussie dollars to be a glorified beta tester then get 'told off' because my bug report does not fit your requirements.

Hello,

Just to let you all know, we are investigating the issues that have been reported. Some of these have already been fixed in v1.6 (already out on PC, out soon on console). We have potential fixes for the persistent yellow flag issue and the DSQ tyre issue to be released in patch 1.7 and we're still working through the other issues that have been reported.

Please continue to let us know if find any issues and thanks for your patience.

The F1 Support Team.

F1Support said:
Hello,

Just to let you all know, we are investigating the issues that have been reported. Some of these have already been fixed in v1.6 (already out on PC, out soon on console). We have potential fixes for the persistent yellow flag issue and the DSQ tyre issue to be released in patch 1.7 and we're still working through the other issues that have been reported.

The F1 Support Team.

> Some of these have already been fixed in v1.6 

Only 1 of the issues mentioned is addressed in 1.6

>  working through the other issues that have been reported.

Can you please provide a list of the issues being investigated please?

F1Support said:
Hello,

The F1 Support Team.

Finally a response but I doubt multiplayer will ever be playable. But we will see.

@f1support and @jennyannem What are the current issues you guys are working on at the moment?

@F1Support The silence about all of the multiplayer issues is really troubling for a lot of your fans. I've bought every codemasters F1 game and the multiplayer in this one is the most broken it's ever been. The fact that multiplayer wasn't tested before release is astounding. Can you at least give the community an update on exactly which issues you're going to address before you abandon this game and work on next years please? At least give us the chance to move onto other games now if you're not planning on fixing the multiplayer, you already have our money.

F1Support said:
Hello,

The F1 Support Team.

So when are these game breaking bugs going to make a patch cycle?

Clearly they weren't important enough to be put into 1.7, so we're looking at 1.8 presumably?

@F1Support

@F1Support The silence about all of the multiplayer issues is really troubling for a lot of your fans. I've bought every codemasters F1 game and the multiplayer in this one is the most broken it's ever been. The fact that multiplayer wasn't tested before release is astounding. Can you at least give the community an update on exactly which issues you're going to address before you abandon this game and work on next years please? At least give us the chance to move onto other games now if you're not planning on fixing the multiplayer, you already have our money.
@Hawkeye407
I totally agree with you.  I've already lost hope for this game and next versions ...
I believe there is only one way what we can do ... Not buying the next year iteration(s) and return this one, if it is possible ...
We are buying the game because we hope the bugs from previous years are fixed and they are still not fixed ... And thats unacceptable.

The total count of bugs I've encountered totally ruined my experience from the game ... and singleplayer is not much better than multiplayer. It's not fun to play it. Being certain that when you start the game, practice for 1 hour on the circuit, 1 hour of qualification runs and encounter a game breaking bug few laps before the end of the race (50% ~45 minutes) or at the end of the race ... Every race. It might be a bit excusable for a new game, new release, but the biggest game breaking bugs were already reported in 2016 and new added ... Not fixing old bugs is inexcusable. Not testing the game before release, inexcusable.
When I saw that the biggest addition of this year version are the classic cars, I hoped that it will be a `maintentance release`, fixing all bugs, polish everything, no big changes - you know EA Games, release every year the same, no big changes, make big money ... It's OK, if the game works. But this is not the case. I am really sad about the state of the game ...

@F1Support I have an idea for you ... There is a ton of topics reporting bugs and they are repeating the same problems. Maybe you even didn't noticed the bugs when they were reported in 2016, so they are now in 2017, because this bad way of bug reporting ...
A public bug list would be nice, clear and nobody would duplicate topics, but it will damage your sells, if people knows that the game was released unfinished, not well tested (or not tested as multiplayer) and is totaly ruinded (for many of us).
So why there is not a ticket support website like other big companies have? Every ticket will get a response and people should feel they are treated like your customers, not like alpha testers. This is not a customer care we deserve ...
We have a passion for your game, we bought it, we want to make it better, so we get to this forum, registered, posted many bugs, and we don't get a response on it, because you are responding for new only. But it looks like you don't care. Did you know that? It looks like you don't care, have no interest in fixing the bugs or even try to respond to your customers, which is the smallest step you can make ... Yes, you'll have a ton of posts, saying the same, because the people reported the same, but please, care your customers, because this is very bad message you are sending to us with this 'no-response/response-on-new-bugs-only' ...

And remember, you are playing with time, there will be a time when we will lose our passion and will not be interested in your game(s) ...