Jump to content Jump to content

UNPLAYABLE! Brake automatically applying causing loss of speed - G27 PC

Beefybjk

Hello there,
since the latest patch I have noticed a new problem in F1 2017 which has been occurring quite a lot. Whilst driving, but also whilst in the control configuration menu, my brake will apply about 1%-8% without me touching it. This makes the game unplayable for me. I have never experienced such an issue in previous racing games in which I used my G27.

Now the question is, is this issue a bug in the game or has my G27 brake pedal gone faulty? Is anyone else experiencing similar problems or is this a known issue with the Logitech G27 after a few years?

Please leave some advice in the comments below. I really want to get back to playing the game!

EDIT: I just checked the Logitech Profiler and the configuration screen does not recognise any random brake inputs as described above. So this must be a problem with the game?

EDIT #2: I applied a 8% brake dead zone in game which "fixed" the problem.
Have you calibrated in-game? There is a section on the controller settings to calibrate.

As a workaround you could increase the deadzone and / or the linearity.
Yes, I recalibrated the pedals and it didn't change anything. It seems to get worse over time. When I first open the game, the issue isn't there. I just did a 50% career mode race around Hungary and the problem got worse the longer the game was open.

I might have to set up a deadzone like you suggested to "solve" the problem or restart the game every 20 mins.
Beefybjk said:
Hello there,
since the latest patch I have noticed a new problem in F1 2017 which has been occurring quite a lot. Whilst driving, but also whilst in the control configuration menu, my brake will apply about 1%-8% without me touching it. This makes the game unplayable for me. I have never experienced such an issue in previous racing games in which I used my G27.

How do you know the brake is being applied? I have a G27, also. I set a 2% deadzone for steering, but I'm not sure how to know about the brake.
BoothJoe said:
Beefybjk said:
Hello there,

How do you know the brake is being applied? I have a G27, also. I set a 2% deadzone for steering, but I'm not sure how to know about the brake.
I know that the brake is being applied ingame because it causes a massive loss of acceleration and it shows up on the input "display" on the bottom right of the OSD. I have applied a 8% deadzone which fixed the problem.

Okay. Thanks. I run with all HUD stuff turned off in cockpit mode, so I don't see that. I only use the MFD. I put a bracket between my G27 brake and clutch pedals so they operate as one large brake pedal (like in a standard auto) and do left foot braking because I'm old and knees and feet are shot to hell. I realized it was probably a good idea to have a deadzone on the brake pedal anyway, so I put in 10%. I never noticed any aberration in the brake pedal prior to deadzoning it, but what the hell, right? Just in case.

Beefybjk said:
Hello there,

Now the question is, is this issue a bug in the game or has my G27 brake pedal gone faulty? Is anyone else experiencing similar problems or is this a known issue with the Logitech G27 after a few years?

Please leave some advice in the comments below. I really want to get back to playing the game!

EDIT: I just checked the Logitech Profiler and the configuration screen does not recognise any random brake inputs as described above. So this must be a problem with the game?

EDIT #2: I applied a 8% brake dead zone in game which "fixed" the problem.

i had the same problem with my g27 but my problem was that the actual pedal broke.
try to open it up (un-screw the bolts) and maybe cleaning the components inside it might help.
in my case it did not help because it was broken (i don't know how to say in english but it was one of the "gear tooth" that broke)
test your pedals before playing on the windows configuration window press the brakes release see that
the bar staying empty when not pressing the brakes.
eventually i needed to buy a new wheel. (g29 which is great)

i forgot to say that you can use your clutch pedal as brakes in game controller settings. That pedal is softer but usable. Any way from my experience playing around withe deadzone does not realy solves the problem

Archived