Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Multiplayer: Unplayable for Leagueracing - Online

Dear @F1Support,

FRL played 2 online races this evening (25% with 20 players)...and it was really bad.
Stream: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2-gPcMX2Us
Pitlanebug: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=US316dhnnyA&feature=youtu.be

Found the follwing bugs:

1. Broken Cars did not disappear from track.
2. Car has different tires at once (Supersoft and Soft)
3. Force Feedback got lost, when a player left or joined the lobby
4. Fuelselection did not work. Shifting between "lean" and "rich" made no difference. (causes no fuel or to much fuel in the end of the race)
5. 8 Cars had to wait in the pitlane, b/c a buggy Ferarri blocked it.
6. Ferrari appeard on track alle the time, caused the pitlane bug.
7. Yellowflag-zones didn´t disappear.
8. Cars gosting lately.
9. A Bug that cutting the track did not cost a penalty.
10.  A Bug that broken Frontwings repair itself on track
11. After a player left the session, servergame didn´t count pitstops, so all cars where disqualified last round.
12. Player got disqualified after causing a crash in formation lap.
13. SC appeard directly after racestart
14. Audiobug: Player only hearing turboloader

Can confirm EVERY SINGLE point evoqued !
+Sound Bug: TurboCharger sound only - no engine sound anymore
+Screenfreezes every few moments !

FIX FAST OR REFUND

I can confirm this, I was there. Sadly.

I got small screenfreezes all the time at both races. (~every 20sec)

Also some players reported that they had a little bit of micro freezing when a player joined or disconneted. Even my GP2 Engine works better than this 50€ Game.

Can't agree more. The multiplayer is broken beyond belief and is unplayable as of now.
There seems to be something fundamentally wrong with the joining-system. When a player enters the session mid-game several aspects mentioned above are more likely to happen and the lobby is pretty much broken.

What was the point of these beta phases when the final game is more unstable and unfinished than anything I've ever seen in any other game?

Hey @F1Support,

I tried to picture some of the mentioned bugs using my stream. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2-gPcMX2Us

At 17:30, the formation lap starts and after a few corners I switched the fuel mode to "lean" for the rest of the lap. When the lights were on, I switched back to "normal" and "rich". As you can see for the rest of the race (13 laps) I only used the rich mode, but the car gained more and more fuel, no matter which fuel mode was selected. 

At around 40:20 you can witness another major issue. You saw me starting with the yellow soft compound and now, after pitting, driving with the supersoft tyres. But when crossing the line with just two laps to go, I get a message that I need to switch to soft or medium to not get disqualified. One lap later, when starting the last lap, I get disqualified. 

Also, when a disconnected players rejoins, the force feedback seems to be broken, no matter if you are using a wheel or a pad, it seems to be gone in general.

The second race starts at around 1:14:40 and now you can see the fuel mode bug the other way around when I start losing fuel no matter which fuel mode I use. Then again at 1:39:25 I cross the line again for the last time and get disqualified for not using the mandatory compound tyres once again.

There were some other major issues in this race, but I hope this helps you to get your hands on some of the topics the guys above me mentioned.

Greetings

Can confirm every point from @Far1an. @F1Support please have a look at both of my youtube videos. 
DSQ bug is defintely not patched as you will see 

Race 1 Malaysia https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tq-aSSEVn_E&t

- Time 25:00 - Disqualifying for some drivers

Race 2 USA  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKwGWwxHhpI 

- Time 10:10 - Pitstop Bug

League Racing is very important for many players and at the moment it isn't playable. I sway between rage and sadness. I know why you focus every year on single player but honestly you can't release a half finished game!   

You can also add a bad detection of exceeding track limits to the list. It doesn't get in account if player got any advantage from leaving the track or was forced off the track, given penalties are ridiculous in 90% of appearances ...
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/DJSmiX/video/35939014
(me checking car causing yellow flag for whole race ...)

Hello all, thank you for letting me know about these issues. Some of them we're already looking in to, others I was not aware of before. Far1an the videos are useful but without some indication of when particular bugs happen I've got to watch the whole thing and I just cannot afford the time to do that at the moment.

SilentPain92 thank you very much for the information you've provided. We'll look in to the fuel issue. The force feedback issue should be fixed in patch 1.6. The disqualification issue is one we're aware of and are looking in to.

If someone can give me more information about the other issues noted in the first post I will look in to those also but without some times in the videos to look at and some supporting information like in SilentPain92's post I am not able to do much I'm afraid.

F1Support said:
Hello all, thank you for letting me know about these issues. Some of them we're already looking in to, others I was not aware of before. Far1an the videos are useful but without some indication of when particular bugs happen I've got to watch the whole thing and I just cannot afford the time to do that at the moment.

SilentPain92 thank you very much for the information you've provided. We'll look in to the fuel issue. The force feedback issue should be fixed in patch 1.6. The disqualification issue is one we're aware of and are looking in to.

If someone can give me more information about the other issues noted in the first post I will look in to those also but without some times in the videos to look at and some supporting information like in SilentPain92's post I am not able to do much I'm afraid.
Great reading your response @F1Support :

Maybe you could tell us which of the 14 bugs you already know. Silent Pain gave videocode for Bug 3,4 and 11.
Video 1 is the Streamvideo of the first posting
Video 2 is the Pitstop-Exit-Bug
Video 3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKwGWwxHhpI

Bug 1: Video 1 the team mate of SilentPain (other Redbull) crashes at timecode: 24:50. The Car disappears at timecode 28:26 (orange point)
Another car next to "1" on the Minimap crashed on timecode: 26:57 and did not disappear until the end of the race (timecode example: 41:40).

Bug 2: Video 1: Timecode 43:06 the williams using the soft compound. In my view his right-front-wheel was a supersoft compound...

Bug 5 + 6: It appears as if the Ferrari of "wh15" in the race is beheaving differently. Half the players seeing him correctly on track driving (Video 1: 1:17:20), the other players had his car lagging around the track. That causes the Pitstop-Bug (Video 2). Half the players in the lobby saw the Ferrari of "wh15" at the end of the pitlane, the other half did not (Video 1 timecode: 1:27:30; watch the left mirror!). In their race the Ferrari appears correctly, so they didn´t understand the confusion.

Bug 7: Watching Video 3 timecode 14:00 yellow flag zones with no cause for them. 20:23 on the beginn start/finish straight...still yellowflag. At the End yellow flag zone ended at: 20:11, when Teetix left the session.

Bug 12: In Video 1 at timecode: 1:16:30-1:16:36; players  "pfeiltastenaiming" and "wh15" got disqualified for causing a colision in formation lap. But both started the race normally and "wh15" later causing bug 5+6

Another Bug causing no damage is to be seen (Video 1; timecode: 23:57). SilentPain loses track, hitting the wall around 140km/h --> no damage at all. Damage at this lobby was "complete"

F1Support said:

Hi @F1Support
i saw, for you, parts of the 1st video in the 1st post on this thread.
So i found this.... hope is useful!
1. Broken Cars did not disappear from track.  You can see that at 1:29:37.
4. Fuelselection did not work. Shifting between "lean" and "rich" made no difference. (causes no fuel or to much fuel in the end of the race) At 1:07:02 the Renault exiting pit lane and select "lean mix". He has +3.59 fuel remaining. At 1:08:18 he's in the second last corner of his out-lap and he has +3.04 fuel remaining. Though he has done all the out-lap with "lean mix" he lost 0.55 of fuel. I think is no correct!
If i will found others bug in this video i'll report below with another comment.

11. After a player left the session, servergame didn´t count pitstops, so all cars where disqualified last round. You can see that at 00:42:03. At 00:45:42 you can see 0 PIT stops for a lot of players.

I add that what occours (watch on the left, the rear tyres of tororosso) from 00:19:43 to 00:19:48 is to fix! I remember that was present in F1 2016 too. I don't know if that has a negative loop after the race starts, but is really strange to see rear tyres slipping when the car shoul be stopped in the grid before the start.

Hibana said:
Also some players reported that they had a little bit of micro freezing when a player joined or disconneted. Even my GP2 Engine works better than this 50€ Game.

Can confirm this. Its when you host the lobby. during the race or qualify when people join ore leave you get a screen freeze that will cost you a 1 second of your laptime. During the race when more people join or leave the stuttering is non stop at one point. You will need to retire the race. My friends have the same issue and nobody wants to host anymore.

Yes I can confirm the dsq still, cars not disappearing thus yellow flags staying all race, force feedback disappearing. Also half the field getting dumped to desktop when loading into an online race and getting stuck at the black screen with the list of drivers waiting to load into the session because one persons game hasn't worked. A kick option there could be good?

I have the csl elite v2 pedals case rim and force feedback coming and going and the other problems is the rim just loosing bad force feedback  as well and don't all ways turn 

Yep, let's keep this one hot.
Also, I've noticed that some race starts don't display the instruction for manual race start.
i.e. 'Hold clutch / Reach optimal revs' message
I will edit this post when I figure out if it's related to the formation lap or not.
We are holding a social race this evening with patch 1.6 so will post video (if installing GFE doesn't mess anything up).

The 1.6 patch really did something good with fixing some bugs at least. Now the attention can be taken to other things like the retired cars on the track causing yellow flags for the rest of the race and stuff like that.

Far1an said:
F1Support said:

Great reading your response @F1Support :

Maybe you could tell us which of the 14 bugs you already know. Silent Pain gave videocode for Bug 3,4 and 11.
Video 1 is the Streamvideo of the first posting
Video 2 is the Pitstop-Exit-Bug
Video 3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKwGWwxHhpI

Bug 1: Video 1 the team mate of SilentPain (other Redbull) crashes at timecode: 24:50. The Car disappears at timecode 28:26 (orange point)
Another car next to "1" on the Minimap crashed on timecode: 26:57 and did not disappear until the end of the race (timecode example: 41:40).

Bug 2: Video 1: Timecode 43:06 the williams using the soft compound. In my view his right-front-wheel was a supersoft compound...

Bug 5 + 6: It appears as if the Ferrari of "wh15" in the race is beheaving differently. Half the players seeing him correctly on track driving (Video 1: 1:17:20), the other players had his car lagging around the track. That causes the Pitstop-Bug (Video 2). Half the players in the lobby saw the Ferrari of "wh15" at the end of the pitlane, the other half did not (Video 1 timecode: 1:27:30; watch the left mirror!). In their race the Ferrari appears correctly, so they didn´t understand the confusion.

Bug 7: Watching Video 3 timecode 14:00 yellow flag zones with no cause for them. 20:23 on the beginn start/finish straight...still yellowflag. At the End yellow flag zone ended at: 20:11, when Teetix left the session.

Bug 12: In Video 1 at timecode: 1:16:30-1:16:36; players  "pfeiltastenaiming" and "wh15" got disqualified for causing a colision in formation lap. But both started the race normally and "wh15" later causing bug 5+6

Another Bug causing no damage is to be seen (Video 1; timecode: 23:57). SilentPain loses track, hitting the wall around 140km/h --> no damage at all. Damage at this lobby was "complete"

So @F1Support ... whats the status? :)

I had a somewhat similar a experience in a test race last night.It seems to me that people leaving and joining while a session is in progress completely destabilises the game and that is the issue that needs addressing urgently.In our race we experienced the full range of known bugs every time someone left or joined,issues like loss of force feedback,massive lag spikes,cars de-syncing,a lot of drivers were disqualified for not using the mandatory tyre when they had in fact used said tyre.This was on Xbox around catalunya 50% race distance,around 20 players started.