Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Patch 1.6 - Discussion Thread

Thanks for the fixes. Not the fixes I was waiting  for but let hope they will be fixed soon. Especially the practice/qualifying pace bug, R&D upgrades and the new liveries.

Hi Jennyannem,
Thanks for your patience and answers in this thread.
Yes there's bugs, as usual in games and if Codie can fix them all, it will be great.
Yes I got some issues with my logitech G29, wheel locks with my brake pedal
but this year i can race the AI with à lot of fun and that's OK for me.
So i'm waiting for the next patch. Relax guys, it will come.  :)
See you

While car come to track in carrier and flashback in all game modes game is freeze and crashed. Where is hemet taxtures?

Hi Jenny, Is the online blue flags issue or the destroyed vehicle stuck on track with yellow flags for online in the pipeline or being addressed in an upcoming patch?

What about the car liveries and numbers? Do we have any estimate on when will that be corrected?? Also, the performance R&D aren't making any effect. I'm with McLaren and have increased everything on the R&D tree on the engine part, but I'm still not felling the difference on the track and in my races finish place. And what about the night not falling on Bahrain and Abu Dhabi on 25% races?

Good patch but what we REALLY need is a fix for the ridiculously fast qualifying times of the AI. I qualify 20th and struggle vs low tier teams with a Red Bull, while I breeze past them and finish on the podium during the race (within 5 laps).

NickDahy said:
Hi Jenny, Is the online blue flags issue or the destroyed vehicle stuck on track with yellow flags for online in the pipeline or being addressed in an upcoming patch?
I hope so!!! @jennyannem

I have a couple of glitches i'd like to see fixed next patch or so. In Online once i was getting ready for Quali and i chose the FW14B but when Quali started i was in the Ferrari 412T2. When the race stated it put me back in the Williams. Renault R26's engine is using the incorrect sound. It has the Red Bull rev limited V8 sound instead of it's 20000 RPM V8. I think classic cars wet tyres have exaggerated wear rates. I was in the 1991 Mclaren driving a 25% wet race at suzuka. My tyre punctured 1 lap from finish. That seems wrong. Hoping these get looked at

There is a bug which I think did also occur in F1 2016. Can you please look at this codemasters?

When the safety car is deployed, the AI wont change their strategy. Normally you would take advantage of a safety car and get into the pits. But the AI waits till the safety car is over, and then they go into the pits. 

So if the pitwindow opens at lap 20 and the safetycar is deployed in lap 20. They wait for the safety car to leave the track, and then they go in to the pits, losing very much positions. The player is gaining so much free positions.. its not fun anymore.

Second thing:

When there is rain coming in the last lap or 2. Normally you would keep your dry tires because pitting in the last lap will only lead to more timeloss. But the AI is all going into the pits in the last lap for intermediates. Its not realistic at all. I dont want to get free wins / free positions because of the stupidity of the AI. 

Can you please look at this issue? It would make career mode so much better. 

Why are the leaderboards getting wiped though? :neutral: All my hard work on time trial down the drain.

I dont think anyone has brought this up, but there is a phantom wheel on the singapore, https://youtu.be/AAlV3EQo7GI 4:14 for reference, shown up a few times, also the whole video is good for glitches, Credit to Tiametmarduk.

On PS4 there is an issue where the players pit board is not displayed over the wall until you create a mid session save and then reload that save 

Gearboxes have issues far too quickly in career, having problems at about only 55% wear. This makes them useless very quickly and more likely for the player to have gearbox penalties. I moved to a different team mid-season and the AI driver I replaced had all of their gearboxes at about 95% wear, which based on when mine had problems should mean that the previous driver would have had massive problems with his gearboxes for a long time. Nothing to do with me being hard on the gearbox.

Also, when moving to a new team mid-season, we shouldnt lose all of our resource points, as this can slow down our upgrading of the car and put us at an immediate disadvantage to rival teams who are still consistently putting in upgrades. This triggers the R&D guy cutscene multiple times where he says other teams are getting ahead in performance and we need to start upgrading things as well. Even when gaining near enough maximum resource points from race weekends, it is still hard to get any upgrades in for quite a few races, which puts the player quite far behind very quickly. This situation could be a big issue if a player moves to a new team mid-season, who's car is just better in performance than their old team. This absence of upgrades for a few races could put their old team's car's performance permanently ahead while the player is gathering resource points to be able to make the first upgrades to their car, making their move to the new team completely pointless. 

Another issue is the AI pitting at stupid points in races in wet-weather conditions. The one race, I was in quite light rain, but not enough to put on a wet compound tyre. The AI all made their pit stops to go onto their second dry tyre the lap before the rain got bad enough to be declared a wet race, meaning they had to pit again for inters the next lap. This meant I had one less pit stop than everyone else and finished 4th in a McLaren after qualifying 18th. Realistically, the AI should also have been able to predict when the inter would be most suitable, just as I did.

On ps4 pro when it is raining look behind you and....no spray at all and the rain has stopped look forward rain again,look back and no rain,how is it even possible for a game to get passed for release with all these problems?Were the people testing it wearing blindfolds?

Are we sure there is no improvements to qualifying times. Because my experience was much better and I ended the session by myself. 

I am not saying is essential but better should wear black gloves .Also Lewis Hamilton s helmet should be yellow as it supposed to be .Could you  add them with an update after fixing all the other bugs that make the game sometimes unplayable?

It amazes me how Codies can release a patch to fix a bug and break 3 other things, online practise and qualification are broke, as soon as you enter the pits your lap times are removed, cars that are there but not there.

@jennyannem Can you please give us any more details on 'Improved texture quality on PS4', is it everything in general or are there specifics?