Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Patch 1.6 - Discussion Thread

@jennyannem 
Good Morning

has some errors in gp from abu dhabi are they:

1 - The hotel Viceroy of abu dhabi at the beginning of the races are with the led lights on. in real life they start off and as the sunset goes falling are accesses and as the night comes the hotel keeps changing colors blue green yellow among other colors. already in the game is the colors blue and purple. if you can see the game of f1 2014 was perfect this question.

2 - Sunset is missing in the game. codemasters created very well the graphics most lacked this question in abu dhabi.

if I can help I'm grateful.

thanks for listening.

Why you, dear developers, can not finish the appearance of helmets ??? 
When do I look at it, on ps4 pro? my eyes start to hurt! 
I believe that this is not normal for the AAA game !!!!!

TarGen363 said:
Why you, dear developers, can not finish the appearance of helmets ??? 
When do I look at it, on ps4 pro? my eyes start to hurt! 
I believe that this is not normal for the AAA game !!!!!
Have you installed Patch 1.6 yet? No, you haven't, because it's not available on PS4 yet. So please stop complaining about issues that the patch is supposed to fix, until you've actually tried it.

@jennyannem @Lozzy

Hello!

I played F1 2017 on the PS4.

The Game have a great Bug. Several AI cars remain in the garage of the end of Q3 in Full Qualifying. Grand Prix, Championship-Season. They only make a one quick round.

The Problem is in every Full Qualifying. 

Please look this: https://youtu.be/2apx_GtTOlc

Best regards
I don't understand guys, what part of this @jennyannem  phrase is difficult to understand ????

Please note: this thread is only for discussion about patch 1.6. If you have experienced a bug separate to this, please start a new thread in the Technical Assistance forum, which is located here: http://forums.codemasters.com/categories/f1-games-technical-assistance

This is the 1.6 patch thread, you say about issues on ps4. 1.6 is not out yet. So open one separate thread in the right section.
People like you do not help Codemasters or the users who are looking for help reading here. 

Luke1991 said:
Why are the leaderboards getting wiped though? :neutral: All my hard work on time trial down the drain.
This means that you spent too much time on your PS4 in these days! U will do it again! ahahahahahaah (i'm joking)  :#

@jennyannem all i want to know is will we lose all out hard earned XP just because you have to reset stats I am on Rank 42 and I need that Another Lap Trophy

I'm now experiencing more screen freezes to the point it's practically unplayable. These freezes are more common when surrounded by other cars and on main straights. There is also still the texture issue and missing numbers on boards on the grid in the cut-scenes and on the Mclaren and Mercedes, which I didn't have before v1.5  

Boa tarde, e sobre a questão do pneu, que mesmo utiliza os componentes obrigatórios, desclassifica o player no on Line na última volta?

@jennyannem "imrpoved textures quality on PS4" so what about minecraft textures on Xbox One ? I don't even speak about ugly aliasing on Xbox One..

New bug I'm getting post 1.6 - Intermittent loss of weather effects between game boots. The effects are the tyre spray and the visor drops. 

Booted up today and first race was championship wet weather classic and that had weather effects but no FFB and then finished that and went straight into career into a heavy wet practice and malaysia and that had no weather effect but did have FFB.. 

So can also confirm the PC Xbox 1 FFB issue is not fixed. 

I like the speed at which Codemasters are issuing patches, all because of the FIA qualifying events scheduled to begin this month with the expectation that the game aught to be in tip top shape before it begins. 

Any chance of a rebalance in driver skill please?
Just in case it was a random thing I checked season 2 in career and still the same, Magnussen always out qualifies Grosjean and hits top 10 every race in the Haas (mostly annoying because I don't think Mag is very good at all sorry Mag fans).
The same goes for Sainz and Kvyat in the Toro Rosso, Sainz is always finishing at the bottom of the grid and Kvyat is always getting regular points, basically the opposite of reality.
And Alonso has yet to get a single point in 2 seasons, given the car fails to handle his awesomeness but if you could up his ability that would be most agreeable for the legend before his time. He would have a fair few points by now if the car didn't die all the time. And does have 10 even for all the DNFs so far in the second to slowest car on the grid, possibly slowest?

Everything else is golden, loving that you can now get right up into the rear of the AI to race hard now without the brake testing, but they do still bottle out once in a while for no reason even sometimes from the inside line which is odd and AI leaving pits still robotically jump to the racing line even if you are by the side of them racing, been hit twice from that but not taken out which makes it not too bad a thing yet. Definitely the best F1 game yet and big thanks for adding the classics again.

Any chance of a rebalance in driver skill please?
Just in case it was a random thing I checked season 2 in career and still the same, Magnussen always out qualifies Grosjean and hits top 10 every race in the Haas (mostly annoying because I don't think Mag is very good at all sorry Mag fans).
The same goes for Sainz and Kvyat in the Toro Rosso, Sainz is always finishing at the bottom of the grid and Kvyat is always getting regular points, basically the opposite of reality.
And Alonso has yet to get a single point in 2 seasons, given the car fails to handle his awesomeness but if you could up his ability that would be most agreeable for the legend before his time. 
There'll be a performance & livery update soon, but I don't know why it'd take so long to adjust the drivers' skills? Can't be THAT hard to program, can it? In my career mode it has actually been quite different. Grosjean is always around P9 or 10 while Magnussen is 13th-14th. The Toro Rossos are pretty equal, although Sainz has the upper hand most times. That's pretty realistic to me. However, the McLarens (especially Alonso) need to be better. They're always battling with the Saubers at the back, while in real life they can keep up quite well with the Top 12. The Ferrari are qay overpowered, but that's been brought up a lot of times now

As of this patch I am no longer able to select Lance Stroll as a teammate at Williams, it keeps defaulting back to Massa @jennyannem

Constantly yellow when a car crashed out in Multiplayer, never goes away untill race finish.
(ps4)
We (on PC) find out that the crashed drivers must be (wait) some minutes (2 minutes) in the session, if they go out directly after her crash the car will be a ghost and will also be staying on track - if they wait in game (on track) the crashed cars will go away and the track is clean (without crashed ghost cars) ;-)

tried to post screenshot here but not working so ill rely my post regarding the broken Cockpit cameras since patch 1.6.

Using cockpit view is now utterly broken please see post below:
http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/57500/cockpit-camera-broken-since-patch1-6#latest

Runalf said:

There is a bug which I think did also occur in F1 2016. Can you please look at this codemasters?

When the safety car is deployed, the AI wont change their strategy. Normally you would take advantage of a safety car and get into the pits. But the AI waits till the safety car is over, and then they go into the pits. 

So if the pitwindow opens at lap 20 and the safetycar is deployed in lap 20. They wait for the safety car to leave the track, and then they go in to the pits, losing very much positions. The player is gaining so much free positions.. its not fun anymore.

Second thing:

When there is rain coming in the last lap or 2. Normally you would keep your dry tires because pitting in the last lap will only lead to more timeloss. But the AI is all going into the pits in the last lap for intermediates. Its not realistic at all. I dont want to get free wins / free positions because of the stupidity of the AI. 

Can you please look at this issue? It would make career mode so much better. 
@jennyannem these exact two things are regrettably ruining my career at the moment. I already had 3 podiums (when I normally should have gotten no more than P8) with a Renault on 105 AI due to incompetent AI decisions in mixed conditions and SC periods. Don't get me wrong, the AI has massively improved in terms of racing, which is great, but it's a shame that they are lacking the intelligence to plan their pitstops at the right moment.