Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Patch 1.6 - Discussion Thread

Ruuben said:
Why these games are released such a condition?????

because of us asking for it, rather sooner then later......

@jennyannem So when are the online stats going to be reset on PC ?? It's been some days and we still don't know if our races done since patch 1.06 deployment are for nothing.. It's a little frustrating to be honest, also we don't know if our rank is going to be reset ? Can you give us some visibility about this please ? Thanks :)

Wohlrajh said:
@jennyannem So when are the online stats going to be reset on PC ?? It's been some days and we still don't know if our races done since patch 1.06 deployment are for nothing.. It's a little frustrating to be honest, also we don't know if our rank is going to be reset ? Can you give us some visibility about this please ? Thanks :)
They said they'll reset it after they made sure everyone got patch 1.6

Tire options also becoming buggy. We had online championship and during dry practice players could ONLY select between wet and intermediate. AI as well. Then the times of fellow drivers doesn't show up and they are at the top of the table - even though they are down on lap times than actual leaders. We also have an issue of force feedback still disappearing after patch 1.6 and also player dropping every now and then. 
The game was less broken to begin with - please double check before releasing something that breaks the game further instead of fixing it. 

Wohlrajh said:
Ranks will be reset, yes. We're going to be releasing another PC patch very soon (with full notes), and in that, your stats will be reset.

rfvgt said:
There'll be a performance & livery update soon, but I don't know why it'd take so long to adjust the drivers' skills? Can't be THAT hard to program, can it?
It doesn't just have to be programmed. It has to be signed off by the teams, who want their drivers to be fairly represented in the game.

Wohlrajh said:
Ranks will be reset, yes. We're going to be releasing another PC patch very soon (with full notes), and in that, your stats will be reset.
So we’ll have a 1.7 patch soon? It will be only for pc or for all platforms?

Wohlrajh said:
@jennyannem Ok so bad news ranks will be also reset, bye lvl 35 for me and hours of online, other big players will be also disappointed I guess.. But there is some logic to reset the rank if the rest of the stats are also so yeah no choice I guess !
When you say another patch is coming very soon, how soon is it, will it be this week ? So that people caring about online stats like me can focus on the solo until then..

Hi there @jennyannem

loving the game so far. We all know about the bugs as stated above and know your get them sorted. 

I havent seen a question asking this so I wanted to know when will the update be out with the updates livery's and numbers be coming and the look of the cars? Also will we be able to edit for example how the numbers look and collie of them etc? This is for PS4. 

Also so on the PS4 I have noticed that sometimes the graphics are sometimes fuzzy and blurry on the car helmets and racing suits?

also any updates in the future for more helmet designs and deeper customise for the them?

Can someone explain what screen tearing is please? This maybe a stupid question.
It's when the frame rate of the game is higher than the refresh rate of the display, so the display ends up showing a couple of blended frames at once. The effect is, for example, straight vertical pillar would seem to have a cut in the middle and be offset. More info here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Screen_tearing

pijin said:
Can someone explain what screen tearing is please? This maybe a stupid question.
It's when the frame rate of the game is higher than the refresh rate of the display, so the display ends up showing a couple of blended frames at once. The effect is, for example, straight vertical pillar would seem to have a cut in the middle and be offset. More info here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Screen_tearing
Well explained cheers mate 

Found a new issue, an AI went into the back of me and lost his front wing entirely (scenario was okay as I did have to brake early due to brake wear on my part), in Singapore 25% race on PS4, he and I went to back of the grid as I was also pushed off course a little, but somehow he kept up with me and rejoined the rest of the group with no wing, no issues in handling at all! Maybe an issue there or a catchup system in place playing up?

@F1Support some topics say scripted AI times are fixed in 1.6 but this is not listed in 1.6 notes, is it correct? (Technical Assistance Forum - Scripted AI Laps) Sorry but why can't we manage this notes?

rfvgt said:
There'll be a performance & livery update soon, but I don't know why it'd take so long to adjust the drivers' skills? Can't be THAT hard to program, can it?
It doesn't just have to be programmed. It has to be signed off by the teams, who want their drivers to be fairly represented in the game.
Really?? Wow I'm getting so sick of those licensing issues and restrictions CM has to deal with. Why can't it simply be like FIFA, NBA, NHL etc. where the devs can just upload roster updates every couple of weeks without having to deal with any of this BS... I sort of understand why it's not possible for us to have sponsors on our custom helmets, but the rest is just ridiculous..

Wohlrajh said:
WHAT? THE RANKS WILL BE RESET? AFTER I HAVE PUT IN HOURS AND HOURS, DAYS AND DAYS OF GAMEPLAY TO GET TO LEVEL 32????
PLEASE, SHOW YOUR CUSTOMERS SOME RESPECT AND RESET STATS, NOT RANKS!
IT'S NOT MY PROBLEM YOU RELEASED A GAME FULL OF BUGS!
I SWEAR TO GOD I WILL SUE YOU IF YOU RESET MY RANKING!
I REALLY CAN'T BELIEVE THIS! THIS IS SO UNFAIR ON PLAYERS, IT'S THE ULTIMATE DISRESPECT TO ALL YOUR CUSTOMERS!

Really?

You cant be serious. After all these only hours you reset my RANK because you messed up some stats?

You destroy my progress of many hours. Last game of CM for me if that happens...

Really?

You cant be serious. After all these only hours you reset my RANK because you messed up some stats?

You destroy my progress of many hours. Last game of CM for me if that happens...
Yeah my friend, these guys are a JOKE!

Will be my last CM game as well, even if that means not playing F1 games anymore. These guys don't deserve our money!

And I will spread the word as much as possible in case our ranks are reset so that most people know how they treat the players like idiots.