Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Patch 1.6 - Discussion Thread

i find it quite funny and amusing, all the people here moaning about losing their stats. All the years i can remember MP on the F1 games there is a stats reset in the first few weeks.
Exactly the reason i don't touch it at the beginning (apart from all the bugs)

Be smart, it's the same every year.......

Out of curiousity, how long did the beta process go on for with f1 2017? the impression I got was that it seemed to mostly focus on tweaks to the physics and handling of the game which I definitely turned out to be a good thing as 2017 "feels" amazing. But at the same time it would have been good to iron out a lot of the bugs and issues during the beta period
Beta started on 23rd of May and we could try the beta about 1 week each version. It was imprinted a lot in the multiplayer and car hanling/setups.
TARJAM said:
Well It seems beta testers where busy playing the game and giving no or low feedback to codies

Beta testing process needs a lot of tweaking. Choosing beta community I see it as an issue leading to those many bugs post release
Maybe there was too low reports, but codies wrong the online mode beta test imho! How can we test the online if the only rooms available was with 2-3 players and with the mode/rules who codies want? For example, a lot of the actual online issues happens only (or most of times) when you are in a lot of persons in the lobby! Ok, you've to test what codies need, but i think that the final user should be heard more. Last thing, imho codies should give more code to the players of the championships/leagues in the future. 4 example, in our league only 2 players wal lucky and could try the beta versions!
Wow, only one week allowed for each beta version? That seems like nowhere near enough time :/  a huge shame really, would have probably got a lot more feedback if it has been longer, am I right in assuming there was only 3 beta versions also? They probably should have carried it right on up until the release day with release candidate betas that could have been continually tested. Should even be betas now for the updates too see how they are prior to being made public and released

So, how is the 1.6 patch?
There are 2 days with no news about sony authorization for this patch on PS4.
@jennyannem  @F1Support  I think there are no news about that to tell us, am i right? Today, tomorrom, next week? You said "mid-week"...
Please answer!

larryl said:
i find it quite funny and amusing, all the people here moaning about losing their stats. 
I find it funny how all these wannabe league racers think their issues are sooooo important and they are the main audience of codies.

Comparing the communities roughly, the trophies / achievements (=related the to ranks) community is ~20 times
 bigger. Makes no sense to compare, but there are people that care about this stuff. 

They don't like that codies are not able to find another solution than hard reset. Just lazy. But sure, this small cute bobby car racing clubs can't relate. THEY are the big guys with the serious topics :dizzy:

larryl said:
i find it quite funny and amusing, all the people here moaning about losing their stats. 
I find it funny how all these wannabe league racers think their issues are sooooo important and they are the main audience of codies.

Comparing the communities roughly, the trophies / achievements (=related the to ranks) community is ~20 times
 bigger. Makes no sense to compare, but there are people that care about this stuff. 

They don't like that codies are not able to find another solution than hard reset. Just lazy. But sure, this small cute bobby car racing clubs can't relate. THEY are the big guys with the serious topics :dizzy:
Did you do 100 hours of game (no-life) and now ranks will be wiped? Is not my problem, is not codies problem. It's your problem man!

"Comparing the communities roughly, the trophies / achievements (=related the to ranks) community is ~20 times
 bigger." 
It seems to me, but.... I knew that the big beta tester of online championships has gone to Birmingham to test on preview the first release, not you or the no-life/ gamers!

larryl said:

well said

Monster65 said:

45 effing hours, you want me to da all of that again. got so many other games to play instead of doing that again
Yeah, do it all again. Last time was 4 the lulz

TARJAM said:
Well It seems beta testers where busy playing the game and giving no or low feedback to codies

Beta testing process needs a lot of tweaking. Choosing beta community I see it as an issue leading to those many bugs post release
Believe it or not we didn't get to test career, the MP test was too small a pool. The feedback was good, but some of the issues were present in the final game despite being picked up in beta.

Imagine this forum, with people trying to shout the loudest "look at me" about how they thought the game was IN THEIR OPINION instead of providing reproducible bugs when we were discouraged from uploading video due to NDA.

Then you have an idea of the beta.

larryl said:

Did you do 100 hours of game (no-life) and now ranks will be wiped? Is not my problem, is not codies problem. It's your problem man!

"Comparing the communities roughly, the trophies / achievements (=related the to ranks) community is ~20 times
 bigger." 
It seems to me, but.... I knew that the big beta tester of online championships has gone to Birmingham to test on preview the first release, not you or the no-life/ gamers!
So the itzy-bitzy-racing community got some candy? How cute :)

The so called no-life-gamers pay the same amount of money and they play the game like they want to. But somehow the racing-kiddos think they are the better customers. No one cares about you and your community. In the end, it's all about money.

You are just lucky that your way of playing the game is not affected or destroyed, but improved.
Your attitude towards the other people is just poor and arrogant.

Just let everyone play the way they want to. And if people complain:
"Why does my level has to be wiped just to reset some stats?"  --> that is a valid point. There are many ways around this but these codies don't seem to care.

Telling people to shut up just because there are other issues you are more interested in, is just as annoying and childish as you think these people are.

LoZIO77 said:
alex96f1 said:
  @jennyannem "AI drivers will suffer reliability issues in Championships mode" include online championship mode or not?
Quote.... what's the answer?

And accident random now it's possible for IA?
Anyone with the answer ????

To the people who are saying the beta guys done nothing, you're wrong. We found quite a lot of problems and most of the stuff that is happening now didn't happen in the beta. We got very limited time in any section of the game and done our best to bring any problems up. At the end of the day it's a game and its going to have problems. If all you're going to do is moan, then go somewhere else. You ain't helping Codemasters at all because you keep filling the wrong discussions up with problems. 
Sort it out man. 

larryl said:

bigger." 
So the itzy-bitzy-racing community got some candy? How cute :)

The so called no-life-gamers pay the same amount of money and they play the game like they want to. But somehow the racing-kiddos think they are the better customers. No one cares about you and your community. In the end, it's all about money.

You are just lucky that your way of playing the game is not affected or destroyed, but improved.
Your attitude towards the other people is just poor and arrogant.
You can play with rank wiped, i can’t play online with this bugs.
is that enough like an explanation?
just complain!

Just let everyone play the way they want to. And if people complain:
"Why does my level has to be wiped just to reset some stats?"  --> that is a valid point. There are many ways around this but these codies don't seem to care.

Telling people to shut up just because there are other issues you are more interested in, is just as annoying and childish as you think these people are.
I love that you call everyone else here childish when you're the one moaning about a level? that in the end nobody is going to care about. While most of us are talking about trying to get gamebreaking bugs fixed.

Come on, it's not that hard.

All you gamebreaking-bugs-fixers started to call people childish who care about their ranks. 

But the amount of people caring about ranks and related trophies is at least as large as the you guys, most likely even larger.

Just because YOU don't care about ranks doesn't mean everyone else doesn't neither. For many many people your "gamebreaking" bugs are no matter at all, because they play the game for a different reason. But i got it know, you high-end-elite-wannabe-racers have the REAL problems. So everyone else better shuts up until YOU got your stuff fixed.

All you gamebreaking-bugs-fixers started to call people childish who care about their ranks. 

But the amount of people caring about ranks and related trophies is at least as large as the you guys, most likely even larger.

Just because YOU don't care about ranks doesn't mean everyone else doesn't neither. For many many people your "gamebreaking" bugs are no matter at all, because they play the game for a different reason. But i got it know, you high-end-elite-wannabe-racers have the REAL problems. So everyone else better shuts up until YOU got your stuff fixed.
That is the dumbest thing I have ever read

So you bought the game just because you can rank up for a trophy?
I'm sorry but this is a RACING game. Not a LEVELING UP game. If the RACING part of the game (the one that matters the most since... it's a racing game) is mostly bugged then it needs to be the priority.

@xFleXy doesn't seem to be reading much, better go back to Mickey Mouse. 

OK last post now, just to sum it up.

Me and many other people bought this game for fun. Now the game has a trophy list, too, and for many people these trophies are fun to earn, too. And like I said, these communites are way bigger than these "racers". But this doesn't even matter.

Now all "we" are asking  for, is so simple, yet so hard to understand for "you":
- deploy the patch, reset the leaderboard, reset all the stats, whatever you want
- but let us keep the level (to which the trohies are related to)
Otherwsie some people will lose 40 hours of progress, just because someone didn't think of "them". 

But it seems like this little request is triggering so many elite-racers here. This request isn't even in contrast to your fixing requests, so no idea what your problem is.

@xFleXy doesn't seem to be reading much, better go back to Mickey Mouse. 

OK last post now, just to sum it up.

Me and many other people bought this game for fun. Now the game has a trophy list, too, and for many people these trophies are fun to earn, too. And like I said, these communites are way bigger than these "racers". But this doesn't even matter.

Now all "we" are asking  for, is so simple, yet so hard to understand for "you":
- deploy the patch, reset the leaderboard, reset all the stats, whatever you want
- but let us keep the level (to which the trohies are related to)
Otherwsie some people will lose 40 hours of progress, just because someone didn't think of "them". 

But it seems like this little request is triggering so many elite-racers here. This request isn't even in contrast to your fixing requests, so no idea what your problem is.
Just do it again, the game is out for a whole damn year.

Why can't all goddamn stats be wiped / bugs fixed and levels maintained???

Yeah League racers, some people buy games because they like em and ALSO BECAUSE they like trophies. And by the way, why a person buys a game is not of your concern. It's their money, not yours.

We're in 2017, be smart, the bugs / stats can be easily fixed without ranks being wiped. Is it so difficult to notice that?

Keep arguing and you know what you look like? Those online racers who can't stand an overtake and then smash the car into yours - which by the way is waaaaaaaaay worse than any bugs you might be talking about. And it's full of players like this online. 

Body is 40 characters too short.