Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Patch 1.6 - Discussion Thread

Turniton said:
Why can't all goddamn stats be wiped / bugs fixed and levels maintained???

Yeah League racers, some people buy games because they like em and ALSO BECAUSE they like trophies. And by the way, why a person buys a game is not of your concern. It's their money, not yours.

We're in 2017, be smart, the bugs / stats can be easily fixed without ranks being wiped. Is it so difficult to notice that?

Keep arguing and you know what you look like? Those online racers who can't stand an overtake and then smash the car into yours - which by the way is waaaaaaaaay worse than any bugs you might be talking about. And it's full of players like this online. 
Yes, yes. People with a different opinion are people who cant drive. I see. Shut up mong

Come on, it's not that hard.

All you gamebreaking-bugs-fixers started to call people childish who care about their ranks. 

But the amount of people caring about ranks and related trophies is at least as large as the you guys, most likely even larger.

Just because YOU don't care about ranks doesn't mean everyone else doesn't neither. For many many people your "gamebreaking" bugs are no matter at all, because they play the game for a different reason. But i got it know, you high-end-elite-wannabe-racers have the REAL problems. So everyone else better shuts up until YOU got your stuff fixed.
I agree if there was not a trophy/achievement for reaching rank 50 then I don't think people would complain as much but there is. As one of the lucky ones that have earned this trophy I symphosise for everyone that is on a really high rank as people don't reallise how long it takes to get to level 50 which is between 60 - 70 hours depending on skill  and for that I am going to lose my championship star which ain't as bad as I never plan to play online again anyway.

To those people saying people that care about ranks are no lifes at the end of the day if you put 20-60 hours of work into something (not related to gaming) and then you had to start again would that make you feel angry or would that just not bother you. What they should do is say we will reset them on this date say in a week or 2 to give people time to get to Rank 50 if they are nearly there or just reset the stats of anyone who requests them.

xFleXy said:
Turniton said:
Why can't all goddamn stats be wiped / bugs fixed and levels maintained???

Yeah League racers, some people buy games because they like em and ALSO BECAUSE they like trophies. And by the way, why a person buys a game is not of your concern. It's their money, not yours.

We're in 2017, be smart, the bugs / stats can be easily fixed without ranks being wiped. Is it so difficult to notice that?

Keep arguing and you know what you look like? Those online racers who can't stand an overtake and then smash the car into yours - which by the way is waaaaaaaaay worse than any bugs you might be talking about. And it's full of players like this online. 
Yes, yes. People with a different opinion are people who cant drive. I see. Shut up mong
    Wow, he can swear! How adult, I'm impressed!

And then you want us to take you seriously and you call us mongs, dumbs, etc... Can't even have a conversation.... I feel really sorry for you and people who are forced to live with you. 

The game's been out for two weeks. If some of you guys have put in 45 or more hours of "hard work" into it, that means you're having a lot of fun with the game, right? I mean that's four hours a day just playing online, not even counting single player modes. Apparently CM have put together a quite enjoyable game for you, seeing as you dedicate most (or all) of your free time playing it. But go ahead, sell the game and threaten to sue Codies because of something that has literally zero affect on your actual lives. Is the online rank even important in any way? Do you unlock stuff or is it just a number?
(BTW: Where is the trophy for Level 50 anyway? I dont see it in my PS4 trophy list)

Edit: Okay, I found the trophy. Thanks hallathehitman & maniac

rfvgt said:
The game's been out for two weeks. If some of you guys have put in 45 or more hours of "hard work" into it, that means you're having a lot of fun with the game, right? I mean that's four hours a day just playing online, not even counting single player modes. Apparently CM have put together a quite enjoyable game for you, seeing as you dedicate most (or all) of your free time playing it. But go ahead, sell the game and threaten to sue Codies because of something that has literally zero affect on your actual lives. Is the online rank even important in any way? Do you unlock stuff or is it just a number?
(BTW: Where is the trophy for Level 50 anyway? I dont see it in my PS4 trophy list)
another lap is the rank 50

rfvgt said:
It is the Another Lap? One Obtain a champion star online which you get for reaching Rank 50

JayJay686 said:
When will the Patch available for ps4??????
I wish CM would comment on this. They said they sent it to Sony on the 4th and still nothing. This is pathetic. Why must we sit playing a faulty game which we paid premium price for ! 

hardbaked said:
JayJay686 said:
When will the Patch available for ps4??????
I wish CM would comment on this. They said they sent it to Sony on the 4th and still nothing. This is pathetic. Why must we sit playing a faulty game which we paid premium price for ! 
It's not Codies problem, you have to ask Sony, it's in their hands now.

rfvgt said:

Edit: Okay, I found the trophy. Thanks hallathehitman & maniac
Love that post! Thanks @rfvgt

@jennyannem

Please tell the development team to hold off a few days (a week would be perfect) when it comes to resetting the Ranks*. Those of us who have spent dozens of hours attempting to get our Rank up to 50 are going to see our efforts wasted. Please give us a chance to get over the line before starting everyone from scratch. 

To everyone else:

I am at around Rank 30 currently.

If I want to get to Rank 50, how much XP am I going to need to get there? I average 4-5000 XP per race, with another 1500 if there is a Qualifying session.

If the Xbox One patch doesn't go live until after the weekend I don't mind grinding out those last 20 Ranks before the reset.

*Assuming it doesn't also delay the patch. The patch should come first but if the stat reset can be "done at any time" then having a few days to get to Rank 50 would be greatly appreciated.

Ranks will be reset, yes. We're going to be releasing another PC patch very soon (with full notes), and in that, your stats will be reset.
I'm still sore about the rank reset in Race Driver GRID on Xbox 360 9 years ago !!! . . . . I was only a handful of races away from "Online Legend" :'(

But at least the online was enjoyable in that game so I didn't mind climbing the ranks again.

I'm gonna put F1 2017 to bed for now (NASCAR Heat 2 next week) and return to it on Xbox One X when hopefully things will have improved with the online.

PJTierney said:
@jennyannem

Please tell the development team to hold off a few days (a week would be perfect) when it comes to resetting the Ranks. Those of us who have spent dozens of hours attempting to get our Rank up to 50 are going to see our efforts wasted. Please give us a chance to get over the line before starting everyone from scratch. 

To everyone else:

If I want to get to Rank 50, how much XP am I going to need to get there? I average 4-5000 XP per race, with another 1500 if there is a Qualifying session.

If the Xbox One patch doesn't go live until after the weekend I don't mind grinding out those last 20 Ranks before the reset.
To go from Rank 49 to Rank 50 is 33,516 XP so you are looking at around 600,000 more estimated at 30,000 per level 

PJTierney said:
@jennyannem

Please tell the development team to hold off a few days (a week would be perfect) when it comes to resetting the Ranks. Those of us who have spent dozens of hours attempting to get our Rank up to 50 are going to see our efforts wasted. Please give us a chance to get over the line before starting everyone from scratch. 

To everyone else:

To go from Rank 49 to Rank 50 is 33,516 XP so you are looking at around 600,000 more estimated at 30,000 per level 
Thanks. What's the fastest way to gain XP?

Should I do longer races or stick to 5 Laps?

PJTierney said:
PJTierney said:
@jennyannem

To everyone else:

Thanks. What's the fastest way to gain XP?

Should I do longer races or stick to 5 Laps?
I dont know to be honest I only done 5 lap races maybe you could try a longer race to see if that earns more but with a longer race you have to keep it Damage/Penalty free longer or you could get someone crashing into you which retires you and wrecks the amount earned for that race.

When will we get car updates @codies? And people have patience. They've got these past few updates out to consoles extremely quick compared to project cars and as set to devs.

pijin sai hid:
Can someone explain what screen tearing is please? This maybe a stupid question.
It's when the frame rate of the game is higher than the refresh rate of the display, so the display ends up showing a couple of blended frames at once. The effect is, for example, straight vertical pillar would seem to have a cut in the middle and be offset. More info here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Screen_tearing
@peanutt2000

No, or well in theory. By far more common at least on console is frame rate can't keep up with refresh rate (60 hz/fps) and game outputs incomplete frames at the time of screen refresh.

Wohlrajh said:
@jennyannem So when are the online stats going to be reset on PC ?? It's been some days and we still don't know if our races done since patch 1.06 deployment are for nothing.. It's a little frustrating to be honest, also we don't know if our rank is going to be reset ? Can you give us some visibility about this please ? Thanks :)
Ranks will be reset, yes. We're going to be releasing another PC patch very soon (with full notes), and in that, your stats will be reset.

Many people spend a lot of time in this damn f*cking online mode with those stupid crashkids to get the championship star and bugmaster, oh sorry, Codemasters said: f*ck you, you can start at the beginning...  

Screw you! 

finally got lvl 50 last night, i have my trophy and can finnally put the online crash fest to bed, i still furious with codies as many of my friends are getting so screwed.

rfvgt said:
The game's been out for two weeks. If some of you guys have put in 45 or more hours of "hard work" into it, that means you're having a lot of fun with the game, right? 
fun? with those fucking crash kids in every race? no, it`s no fun.  it`s hard work and many people spend a lot of time in this game to get the championship star trophy and bugmasters will reset the ranks because the fucked up with the statistics?  didn`t they test the game before they release it to fix the bugs before the launch the game?    

@jennyannem was the FFB changed in anyway when it was fixed for online? Before the patch the bumps in the track could be felt through FFB on my T300 but now only the tiniest little forces are felt. I can let go of the wheel on the pit straight at Monza and it will continue in a line. It also feels as if the under steer effects have decreased by like 90%. It's either the game or my wheel.

You can rank to 50 in ~50 hours online? Thought it would take much longer for something like that. I guess they set the bar pretty low.

In terms of mining XP, looks like you get more for longer races. Do you also get more for running fewer or no assists? Anyone tested that?

FRACTURED said:
You can rank to 50 in ~50 hours online? Thought it would take much longer for something like that. I guess they set the bar pretty low.

In terms of mining XP, looks like you get more for longer races. Do you also get more for running fewer or no assists? Anyone tested that?
From my calculations it's more like 70-80 hours considering the majority of people do 5 Lap races online.
  • You get more XP per hour for longer races.
  • You don't get any bonuses for running fewer assists.

No wonder online races are bad. Seems they are full of trophy hunters who only care for a stupid trophy instead of being there for racing. No wonder it's a crashfest (PS: Haven't tried online in this game).