Sign in to follow this  

A Face to Ravenwest's Name?

In the original GRID, Ravenwest were a rival team that could randomly show up at a variety of race events. They were superior to the rest of the field most of the time, and often it'd be up to the player and possibly his/her teammate to battle for the big win.

But one thing has always bugged me.

What do Nathan McKane and Rick Scott look like with their helmets off? My head-canon says that they look like Ryan McKane and that mechanic Bobby guy from the original Race Driver game, but head-canon and actual canon could be two different things entirely.

In a similar vein, how about Harrison Carter from GRID 2? The guys at Codies basically set him up as the key antagonist for the entirety of my WSR career, but I know basically nothing other than that Carter is American, drives for New Union Racing, and does so like a meanie. Unlike the Ravenwest boys though, I don't have any previous points of reference to work with here.

Nathan McKane is probably Ryan's son and Rick Scott is the awesome Scottish mechanic from TRD 2 & 3.

I'd like to see them make a return again, but actually making an appearance at some point, rather than just being names again.

I would love to see Ryan himself back in it! As an AI driver, perhaps the only one that can easily compete with Ravenwest?

Nathan McKane is probably Ryan's son and Rick Scott is the awesome Scottish mechanic from TRD 2 & 3.

I'd like to see them make a return again, but actually making an appearance at some point, rather than just being names again.
Now, didn't Ryan McKane have a successful older brother whose footsteps he was trying to follow in? No one is more successful than someone racing for Ravenwest...

Just received word that we will be giving every AI driver in the game a bio, should help take away some of the mystery around them.

A considerable amount. Look at Ravenwest for example, they've got a number of drivers (8 in total) and there are ten teams in total. That won't be exact maths but it'll give you an idea.

Britpoint said:

Now, didn't Ryan McKane have a successful older brother whose footsteps he was trying to follow in? No one is more successful than someone racing for Ravenwest...
yeah Donny I think his name was if I remember Race driver 1 correctly

Quite a bit fewer than 500 then.

Will the driver bios take the place of the AI driver's pie chart performance analysis in GRID?

Frank

Sounds like fewer AI teams and drivers in GRID A, but more complex teams - perhaps more character development among the drivers?  In GRID they're just names and voices.  Sounds like more is involved here.  Although the GRID AI certainly display diverse abilities on the track.

Frank

I really like AI which don't all act the same way in racing games. They make it feel a lot more real.

Loore said:
A considerable amount. Look at Ravenwest for example, they've got a number of drivers (8 in total) and there are ten teams in total. That won't be exact maths but it'll give you an idea.
10 teams? Hopefully more for DLC. Perhaps a "Race Driver" pack which includes drivers from past games. The Mckane brothers and James Randall/Nick Landers (make sure he is very aggressive!) Throw in some classic Race Driver cars too. Maybe the BTCC Lexus which is the first proper car you drive in ToCA Race Driver? And the Dodge Viper Randall drives.