Sign in to follow this  

QOTW #4: If you could remove 3 things from the F1 game, what would they be?

It's the fourth edition of Question of the Week, and this week I'm asking you what three things you would remove from the F1 game. 

It is very likely there are a some of game modes or features that you do not use when playing F1 games, or do not see as being necessary. So therefore, what three things would you remove from the F1 game?

It'll be interesting to see whether similar things often crop up in your answers.

1.Very easy mode
2.Empty fuel tank
3.Slow first Ai lap.
Oh jesus.That was really difficult because the game needs additions not reductions but this is what i feel can be removed and not really be missed

1. The rammers online. I don't think I need to explain this one at all ;)

2.The AI difficulty selections. Instead, replace with a Slider á la rFactor. A slider means that almost everybody is catered for, and people can find the exact AI difficulty that suits them.

3. And whilst this isn't exactly removing a 'feature' as such, removing the time limit to the replays would be nice. Sometimes its just too short and misses something I want to re-watch, and I do not want to finish the race to have to watch the whole replay.

1) The large gaps between difficulty levels, perhaps replaced by the afore mentioned slider
2) The weird slo mo effect the happens when you crash. It's not spectacular and it takes away from the vicious-ness of the crash
3)The tyre limits imposed due to there being no Friday practice. If you can't programme a race weekend, don't rub it in by saying "look at all these tyres you could have used if this was a better game"

1) season challenge as the max AI is only pro and 5 lap f1 races are pointless                       

2) scenario mode as they are far to easy and again only 3 laps                                                

3) time attack as gold is easy so they have no replay value

I just hope the racing is better in carrer mode this year as 2 things I dislike have been cm focus for 3 years now :( This weekends quali was enough for me 2 pre order so lets hope codies have been doing something to make the racing as exiting as the real sport!

1) the vote end session feature and the whole white box in general, distracting as hell when qualifying.
2) Sidepod glitch
3) Brazilian drivers

1. Season Challenge
2. Time Attack. Time Trial is enough.
3. Staying planted to the track if an AI car gives you a hit on the rear wheel. Those that don't like if they get spun can always rewind.

1. Season challenge - pointless mode since we can setup a custom season in GP mode, even more pointless now that players have the option to choose either short, medium, or long season in career.
2. Time attack - no replay value in this mode. Having lap time targets for every track in time trial like in F1CE would be better.
3. Scenario mode - no replay value. A better idea would be to include the option to choose my starting grid position in custom offline races, as well as the starting grid position for each AI car. That along with the option to choose race length & weather would enable me to create a variety of scenarios.