Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Full Grid gets Penalty's

im starting a career race in abu dhabi, and the the whole grid gets penaltys putting on the front row in a sauber....as the the season comes to a end the grids looks so messed up....like randon grid selection....anyone else seeing this

I've qualified multiple races in my career season 1 as 19th or so in a Sauber and started 2nd because the rest had penalties. McLarens and Saubers filling the 2 front rows is WAY too unrealistic and this should be fixed. It's not just 1 or 2 races per season, it's 5 or 6...

Not that unrealistic if you ask me. Take a look at the real component usage this year so far.

http://formula1insider78.blogspot.de/p/blog-page_62.html

Not that unrealistic if you ask me. Take a look at the real component usage this year so far.

yes, but in real , we dont see it race after race towards end of season....im not saying 1-2 cars..im saying whole grid

simonatorHD said:

yes, but in real , we dont see it race after race towards end of season....im not saying 1-2 cars..im saying whole grid

The way we are seeing penalties in real life, I wouldn't be surprised if we saw 15/16 cars hit by the end of the season within the last few races, its a joke this year, almost 500 grid spot drops in penalties and every round almost engines have failed resulting in more hits, not just for Honda

mceci1 said:
The way we are seeing penalties in real life, I wouldn't be surprised if we saw 15/16 cars hit by the end of the season within the last few races, its a joke this year, almost 500 grid spot drops in penalties and every round almost engines have failed resulting in more hits, not just for Honda
It's just Honda and Renault, both of whom screwed up with their engines this year, and even then Red Bull's issues are more down to Newey's suffocating designs (as ever, just like with the 2005 McLaren and the 2010 and 2012 Red Bulls) and Verstappen's extreme bad luck. All the Ferrari-powered teams should be able to get to the end of the year just fine, and don't get me started on the near-indestructible Merc-powered cars.

The real problems will arise once the limit goes down by 1 yet again next year. With so much focus being put into reliability, these engines are hardly evolving anymore.

Coffer said:
mceci1 said:
It's just Honda and Renault, both of whom screwed up with their engines this year, and even then Red Bull's issues are more down to Newey's suffocating designs (as ever, just like with the 2005 McLaren and the 2010 and 2012 Red Bulls) and Verstappen's extreme bad luck. All the Ferrari-powered teams should be able to get to the end of the year just fine, and don't get me started on the near-indestructible Merc-powered cars.

The real problems will arise once the limit goes down by 1 yet again next year. With so much focus being put into reliability, these engines are hardly evolving anymore.

7 races next year will be how long one engine is needed, its a joke, I know someone who has said run at 95 or 90%. Doesn't work when your in title contention, need all you have to go against Mercedes. HAAS and Sauber though have had a few little issues with the Ferrari power unit, I feel if we want fair play, one engine for one, one for all under that particular brand, for example, if Ferrari want the one they have this year, HAAS and Sauber get it too, Mercedes run theirs this year, and so should Force India and Williams, make things more interesting, because as it is, there is no incentive for new manufacturers joining, they join and end up like Honda, out within 5 years