Sign in to follow this  

What Tracks Would've You Liked To Have Seen In GAS

Just a little thread to see what tracks you would've liked to have seen in GAS and why.

First of all I would've liked to have seen Knockhill as it would've been quite nostalgic as it's not been in a game since the TOCA days. Also I've been round it multiple times.

Second track would have to be Circuit De La Sarthe (with dynamic time change like in the original Grid) as it's just an amazing track and the expansion of the endurance discipline in GAS would be a fitting place for it

The third and final track I would've like to have seen is Rockingham as it's one of my favourite tracks on the BTCC calendar and think it would fit most disciplines

I could go on all day but I've narrowed it down to 3, look forward to reading the replies!

TheHemps said:
Nurburgring (green hell, not the go-kart track F1 races on) 
Was thinking exactly that, would be great with dynamic time aswell, if Codies could be arsed designing it

Daytona 24 hour course & Oval.

Virginia International Raceway with the Oak Tree that is sadly gone now.

There was an Aussie track that I loved from Toca 1 or 2 I cannot remember which. From the air it looked like a square but it had a bunch of 180° corners inside it and with varied length straights. I will have to search for the name. 

And I grew up racing on short track ovals and this one could be the easiest track to make out of any out there. The Detroit Derby location but with a true figure 8 and lower barriers so you see all the way across the track. And make a true oval that can be ran either direction. Again with lower barriers or curbs. And then open it up to different types of cars not just the derby cars.

Also while you are at it just make it a true demo derby with The Jupiters and a big open circle and smash everybody until you are done or time runs out and you get points for hits. And of course your survival. With no re-entry. When you are out you are out just sit tight and wait for the next round.

Sorry but the edit seems to be out to lunch. But it is Queensland Raceway. A friend of mine and I used to play split-screen on that track and we had EPIC races!!  If one track should be taken into consideration for futue games it should be Queensland imo.

A track editor feature would be a cool thing too. With elevation tools, banked corners, surface types, scenery, buildings, & pit lane placement. The works baby! More than likely the next games will be on next gen consoles so I would think it should be more than possible. 

With the ability to make the tracks available for the community to download and enjoy! As well as making them playable in multi-player.As well as allowing player created tracks to go into like party mode for the weekly challenges after a community voting system. Also 

More roads, circuits are repeated in almost all the driving games. Not rally tracks, wich i love, but more "improvisation" in driving skills; narrow highways...sprint pack is good but is not "connected" with the game, i think CM choose this time a more classic way, more TOCA, but adding some roads it has been improve the game more varied.
Even Touring category could has been benefict from roads a lot.
Everybody knows for example Brand Hatch and the places to overtake, brake, gas, etc..., that´s cool!! but roads refresh a lot the experience, Imho.

Salute.

1.Laguna Seca  2.Surfer Paradise 3.Barbagallo 4.Nurburgring-F1gp 5.Nurburgring Nordschleife 6.Suzuka 7.Monza 8.Imola 9.Estoril 10.Knockhill 11.Montreal 12.Singapore F1gp 13.Sochi(Russia) 14.Macao 15.Pau(France) 16.Korea and India F1gp 17.Valencia street F1gp
I don't like, i hate: Algarve/Jerez and the new hockenheim circuit!

andaya said:
More roads, circuits are repeated in almost all the driving games. Not rally tracks, wich i love, but more "improvisation" in driving skills; narrow highways...sprint pack is good but is not "connected" with the game, i think CM choose this time a more classic way, more TOCA, but adding some roads it has been improve the game more varied.
Even Touring category could has been benefict from roads a lot.
Everybody knows for example Brand Hatch and the places to overtake, brake, gas, etc..., that´s cool!! but roads refresh a lot the experience, Imho.

Salute.
I agree we should have had street tracks too for Touring cars in Career Mode and in multiplayer/racenet challenge too!!!
But no we can only race on street tracks with the street discipline cars... just B0ll0cks!

Phil88TC said:
1.Laguna Seca  2.Surfer Paradise 3.Barbagallo 4.Nurburgring-F1gp 5.Nurburgring Nordschleife 6.Suzuka 7.Monza 8.Imola 9.Estoril 10.Knockhill 11.Montreal 12.Singapore F1gp 13.Sochi(Russia) 14.Macao 15.Pau(France) 16.Korea and India F1gp 17.Valencia street F1gp
I´m not alone!! XD, for an unknow reason i hate Hockenheim too, not for nothing special but for the worse player i am at this track (and many others)....my god!! i hate because i do it bad, bad, bad.....XDXD. It is a black beast for me, every race, TT,  Race or whatever!!

I´m agree too that Touring should be in some Street tracks and reversed, many Supercars and Hypercars should be in circuits too; is s question of justice with the cars.
Anyway, looking at custom cups online there´s many people changing this; Touring in Streets and Hypercars in circuits, is a waste of power drive some Hypercars and Supercars in Street tracks that doesn´t allow to push the gas, even someone can be done without touchog the 4th or 5th gear....too much power wasted in da streets!! XD

Salute.

Phil88TC said:
I forgot: De La Sarthe; Croft; Oulton Park: Zandvoort and Zolder!
  :p  you named 20!! are there more circuits in the world??? jajajajja!!!, i think there´s no too much more than the road to my home...XD. :p

Salute.

I think Suzuka Circuit would've been great for GAS. 3 routes, well 6 if CM reversed them like they usually do. Could make for some great racing, & would be perfect for the Super GTs. 

Also, my V8 Supercar fanboyism is showing here but some V8SC tracks would be awesome,  we have Bathurst but I want among others Phillp Island, Sandown, Pukekohe (especially this being a kiwi) & more. Hell, I want them all...

andaya said:
Phil88TC said:
I´m not alone!! XD, for an unknow reason i hate Hockenheim too, not for nothing special but for the worse player i am at this track (and many others)....my god!! i hate because i do it bad, bad, bad.....XDXD. It is a black beast for me, every race, TT,  Race or whatever!!

I´m agree too that Touring should be in some Street tracks and reversed, many Supercars and Hypercars should be in circuits too; is s question of justice with the cars.
Anyway, looking at custom cups online there´s many people changing this; Touring in Streets and Hypercars in circuits, is a waste of power drive some Hypercars and Supercars in Street tracks that doesn´t allow to push the gas, even someone can be done without touchog the 4th or 5th gear....too much power wasted in da streets!! XD

Salute.
I meant JARAMA not Jerez  lol o:) anyway for me it's ok to have Hypercars on street circuits because it's always an awesome carnage  >:) but we should have a mix of all circuits types for all disciplines!!!

Interlagos aka Brazil F1 GP. all F1 drivers agree that this is one of the most challenging tracks of the calendar. plus, is one of the main tracks in the Brazilian V8 series. Perfect for Touring Cars :)