Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is the Ps4 Pro the answer to f1 2017 problems or bugs

At the begining there were more having issues with the Pro I believe, or at the least they were the vocal majority.

It's gone quiet now so have to assume the PS4 Pro is running it nicely, or only having those bugs  common across all systems, with frame rate, tearing and weird shadow  issues being less severe.  Will be interesting when the One X drops also, what new bugs will we find lol

I cannot compare the frame-rate of my Pro with the normal PS4, but I can confirm that upgrading to a Pro will not eliminate frame-rate inconsistencies. Maybe the Pro has fewer frame-rate inconsistencies than the normal version. In my opinion, the problem isn't that bad on the Pro; I'm normally annoyed by bad frame-rates, but I only notice it slightly when I've got a couple of other cars infront of me. The Pro renders 1080p smoothly with good anti-aliasing, so you may notice it looking better than the normal PS4.

As for actual bugs, such as simulated AI qualifying times being too high: I assume the majority of them are platform independent.

I think the op is onto something there, I'm on the Xbox one s and the textures, draw distance and lighting are shoddy at best, with all this PS4 pro ( nearly brought one for game )4K checker boarding, do you think some of the code has been misused and put in the wrong places??, also I read that the game utilises the 16bit operations on the PS4 ( 2 instructions sent at the same time ), looking at how some of the textures eek there way on to my screen I must have that too ( joke by the way ). If it is bad code I don't know how easy a patch that is.

on PS4 pro a lot of screen tearing, minecrafted textures, frames drops... but whitout those issues the game is looking great even on my 1080p screen with downsampling. On Xbox One same issues and disgusting aliasing that makes the game looking ugly...