Sign in to follow this  

Project CARS

mike96 said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxmMYZhqY6Y&feature=youtu.be
I just cant believe how realistic that looks, best racing game (graphics wise) I have ever seen and I am so excited about playing it

mike96 said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxmMYZhqY6Y&feature=youtu.be
I just cant believe how realistic that looks, best racing game (graphics wise) I have ever seen and I am so excited about playing it
I think it's safe to say most if not all of  us are

I'm not o:) But then I've had the game for like 3 or 4 years. The only thing that lets it down (even at 1440p) is aliasing, some object don't seem to get affected when using AA, but it's not too bad. There is one setting that works for me but has quite a performance hit due to my resolution.

Also this sucks! I always thought I was a full member until I checked a few months back, which meant I couldn't invest more as funding was complete.

Hughesy said:
I'm not o:) But then I've had the game for like 3 or 4 years. The only thing that lets it down (even at 1440p) is aliasing, some object don't seem to get affected when using AA, but it's not too bad. There is one setting that works for me but has quite a performance hit due to my resolution.

Also this sucks! I always thought I was a full member until I checked a few months back, which meant I couldn't invest more as funding was complete.
Well in your case yeah but then you've had access to it all along the rest of us haven't had that luxury and won't do until it's released officially.

A couple of vids I've watched recently on P cars to whet some peoples appetites for the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhgveLhjR2k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWNQXP6NQRs

Lukedfrt said:
I'm really looking forward to this now. 

Yeah only a couple of days to go Been watching quite a few vids of P cars the last couple of days. I can't wait to get my hands on it either.

Platy said:
How many people are going to get it on PC?
Me! Ordered the Limited Edition physical copy from Game. Cheaper than the standard edition on Steam.

Platy said:
How many people are going to get it on PC?
Me! Ordered the Limited Edition physical copy from Game. Cheaper than the standard edition on Steam.

Me as well I've ordered the PC version

Found another good vid of project cars  with a bit of a humourous climax

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6c_UbCOWmjU

I have it, obviously B) difference is this is the first time in like 4 years I haven't been allowed to play it. Yep they locked the game for a large section of investors, only a few days though.

Hughesy said:
I have it, obviously B) difference is this is the first time in like 4 years I haven't been allowed to play it. Yep they locked the game for a large section of investors, only a few days though.
well luckily you should be able to play it again though but I'm looking forward to getting started on a few practice laps and races before I get my career underway on it.

Project Cars is unlocked people :) Might try playing later, but feeling a bit crap today.

Hughesy said:
Project Cars is unlocked people :) Might try playing later, but feeling a bit crap today.
Got my dispatch e-mail this morning for the game so hopefully I'll be diving into a few races tomorrow on the game

coolieboy said:
It sucks I have to wait until the 12th of May for North America release. 

you do get some games before we do  a lot of the time though it's just on this occasion we're getting the game before you this time. You could always byu it on download through Steam though assuming you're on PC that is.

coolieboy said:
It sucks I have to wait until the 12th of May for North America release. 

you do get some games before we do  a lot of the time though it's just on this occasion we're getting the game before you this time. You could always byu it on download through Steam though assuming you're on PC that is.
PS4 gamer now.  PC took too much of my life away, lol. The good old days of F1 Challenge 99-02 and the RH mods was my life. I spent too much time with that game and all the amazing mods.  Now I only have time for plug and play, hence the PS4. 

So I've played the release build for the first time, and I must say some big improvements have been made. Formula A FFB was always horrible, but now it feels awesome. And they have fixed the bug which would cause low GPU usage when detailed grass was enabled, now it's fine at ultra.  :)

got it installing right now then I'll get doing some practice laps and races to get a feel for the game and adjust the AI before starting my first season in career.

I think I'll get it on PS4 now due to friends, I have enough racing games on PC as it is.

took about 3/4 attempts to get a clean lap out of the Formula A cars at Monza but it's good fun so far. Did a few laps in the Formula Rookie car too found those quite easy to drive. Also had some fun with the Pagani Zonda R and the free DLC car the Lykan. Next step have some fun with the AI