Sign in to follow this  

Project CARS

Got my copy too, got it installed and did a bunch of laps around Nurburgring with the Formula Gulf 1000 cars. Feels really good so far, but I've had to go out so it'll be later tonight before I can get a decent go on it.

Anyone have problems connecting to online lobbies on xbox? The game is excellent. Just need to work on multilayer.  Setting up your own lobbies is simple and fun but when you want to run in a random lobby it keeps disconnecting and stuff. 

Uhh the other other I got 50% off Pcars due to investment (and was told I would get a 50% off code) but the money off was automatically applied. Now I just got a coupon for 50%, I'm just trying to find out why but once I have does anyone want it? It's for PC btw.

If you're sure about it, and if no-one else wants it, I'll take it.

Platy said:
If you're sure about it, and if no-one else wants it, I'll take it.
As far as I can work out, Steam made a mistake the other night showing it as 50% off as the plan was always to send coupons out. Did a quick search about it and it's fine to give it to others so the IT manager says :) You can have it, you'll have to accept me as a friend first so I can setup a trade, as for some reason you weren't on there. I don't remember removing you, but maybe I did in one of my rages :joy: 

Edit: Done
:) 

Thanks dude. Downloading now, hopefully we can all play online some time.

No problem :) I look forward to getting my arse whipped :p Just a small tip, keep your wheel set to 900 as it adjusts each car anyway.

Got my copy too, got it installed and did a bunch of laps around Nurburgring with the Formula Gulf 1000 cars. Feels really good so far, but I've had to go out so it'll be later tonight before I can get a decent go on it.

Yeah it does had a blast in the Formula Rookie cars and won a couple of races against the slowest AI setting at 10% but I might tweak that up as I was whipping them. As in qualifying I was about 4.5 seconds faster but at least I know I have a level I can retreat too if I find things too hard going if I decide to increase it.

Not played the Gulf cars but I'll probably save those until I get to that level in career as I'm thinking I'm ready to start one now

I've had a chance to try it out for a couple hours so far. I'm liking it a lot. It's working pretty well (for me) using an Xbox 360 controller on PC.

With so many configuration options, I wish more of the in-game settings/configs had on-screen info/guidance on what they do. I have no idea how most of these sliders will affect the game if I change them. It's bugging me to think that this great game could be even better if I knew that the right tweaks to some of these mystery settings would splash even more awesome-sauce all over it. :)

GFot to asy the Karts are really tough I'm struggling to cope with them but I'mgiving it my best shot 2races and I've got 1 measly point. Starting to think I should have started in the Formula Rookie's

check out this insane day/night transition its soo dark looks soo good https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8P15g5x-C_4

Think I'm gonna have to increase the AI too but a little higher ;) 70% right now but I'm beating the AI by 5 seconds in quali with the Formula Rookie at Oulton. I'll do the races and see where they're at first though before upping them to 90%.

Think I'm gonna have to increase the AI too but a little higher ;) 70% right now but I'm beating the AI by 5 seconds in quali with the Formula Rookie at Oulton. I'll do the races and see where they're at first though before upping them to 90%.

yeah good idea as the cars and AI are different depending on what you're driving I've noticed as I'm struggling in the karts whereas I had the AI beat in Formula Rookie earlier

Karts are fun :p 

Definitely gonna have to up the AI I think, 1 lap into my first career race and I have a 5 second lead. Gonna quit out, make them more difficult and hope I get a decent race lol.

So 90% and at the end of lap 1 it was a 1.8 gap, by the end of lap 2 it was 3.6. Looks like I'm just gonna 100% it.

At first the karts were a pain in the ass but on Project CARS once you start to learn how to drive the different cars  it feels smooth and just fun to drive just like I feel right now with karts, you could never get that on the F1 games. However I do still find the road cars quite heavy but that's probably because I'm so used to playing F1 games and haven't ever really played a game with a realistic handling model. I play on a dual shock 4. PSN: Max__Air. I love driving the Formula C cars as well they are beautiful to drive. We should start a league for those on the forums anyways seeya

Karts are fun :p 

Definitely gonna have to up the AI I think, 1 lap into my first career race and I have a 5 second lead. Gonna quit out, make them more difficult and hope I get a decent race lol.

So 90% and at the end of lap 1 it was a 1.8 gap, by the end of lap 2 it was 3.6. Looks like I'm just gonna 100% it.
Like I said ai are slow for long parts of the career, I completed Formula Rookie and was crushing them. I hate the scaling, ai should race at the difficultly you set it at from the get go. You will still easily beat them at 100% bud! as they aren't actually racing at 100%. That's why I can't be arsed with career, it's boring having no challenge. Why they give no option to turn this off is beyond me.

Yup, the scaling is utterly dumb dude. First race was an 8.2 second win, and the second was 5.4 but only because I was messing around with different views and had 2 pretty major offs lol. I wanna race AI that are at the same level as me right now, not ones that'll get better with scaling.

Reub09 said:
At first the karts were a pain in the ass but on Project CARS once you start to learn how to drive the different cars  it feels smooth and just fun to drive just like I feel right now with karts, you could never get that on the F1 games. However I do still find the road cars quite heavy but that's probably because I'm so used to playing F1 games and haven't ever really played a game with a realistic handling model. I play on a dual shock 4. PSN: Max__Air. I love driving the Formula C cars as well they are beautiful to drive. We should start a league for those on the forums anyways seeya

yeah I'm better with normal cars and open wheelers than I am with Karts decided to quit that career and atart at Formula Rookie level though will probably will come back and rty the kaqrts again once I've got moer experience with the game. I'll  just skip the karts for now and do some practice races until I get a grip on them then try again.

Just won my first 2 races in Formula Rookie at Oulton park though so I'm feeling much better now.

softy94 said:
check out this insane day/night transition its soo dark looks soo good https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8P15g5x-C_4
What I like is how the game accurately depicts the amount of lighting at the various times of the year. For example I selected 4 am as my time on the 10th May and you could see the sun coming up as I went to do a couple of laps round Brands Hatch. I then did it again this time selecting 20th December as the date and it was dark as hell as it normally is at that time of year in the UK and had my headlights on

Yup, the scaling is utterly dumb dude. First race was an 8.2 second win, and the second was 5.4 but only because I was messing around with different views and had 2 pretty major offs lol. I wanna race AI that are at the same level as me right now, not ones that'll get better with scaling.
The only way to make it a challenge is by skipping qualifying.

True on that bud. I'm kinda hoping now that the game is released more people will pick up on it and ask SMS to change it, but it's a very small hope.

Did a multiclass race around Monza in an LMP2 car last night, huge amounts of fun, only did 10 laps and when the end came I was thinking I should have made it 20 :)

True on that bud. I'm kinda hoping now that the game is released more people will pick up on it and ask SMS to change it, but it's a very small hope.

Did a multiclass race around Monza in an LMP2 car last night, huge amounts of fun, only did 10 laps and when the end came I was thinking I should have made it 20 :)
Yea LMP cars are fun, we have to do some races at some point mate :) That's what I said a while back while testing, you set out saying I'll only do a few laps, then end up doing many more before knowing it (or in your case wishing you set the race longer) I don't have the best stamina now while using my wheel, but still found myself hot lapping longer than I thought I would.

For me it's just how connected I feel to the car, the FFB is so good. Throughout development the FFB went from awesome to awful at times when physic changes were made, but in the end I think they nailed it. :)  

Seems like a fun game. Something feels missing from the FFB to me, might just be my wheel though.