Sign in to follow this  

Project CARS

that's why im strictly plug and play console gamer just cant be bothered with all that work you pc guys have to do all the time.

Yea it can certainly be a pain, but there is upsides to it though :p Like if it turns out I do have a problem then I'll be able to take out whatever the problem part is and chuck in one of the spares I have of most components, send it off for replacement under warranty and carry on gaming. With a console if something goes wrong you gotta send the entire thing away and not have anything to game on till it returns ;)

Plus with a powerful PC gaming on it is just so much better an experience than console, and there's the fact that PC's are a hell of a lot more versatile than consoles :p 

that's why im strictly plug and play console gamer just cant be bothered with all that work you pc guys have to do all the time.

Yea it can certainly be a pain, but there is upsides to it though :p Like if it turns out I do have a problem then I'll be able to take out whatever the problem part is and chuck in one of the spares I have of most components, send it off for replacement under warranty and carry on gaming. With a console if something goes wrong you gotta send the entire thing away and not have anything to game on till it returns ;)

Plus with a powerful PC gaming on it is just so much better an experience than console, and there's the fact that PC's are a hell of a lot more versatile than consoles :p 
Yep very true, I've already been through two Xbox Ones, and I'm on my second PS4. Bare in mind I barely play them lol. The first Xbox was doa, disc drive was broken, the second was the squeaky fan (which the current one does if on too long but not as loud). The first PS4 the disc drive broke, all things that can easily be replaced/fixed without bother. With both consoles it took ages and I had to start from scratch downloading all my games, game patches and OS patches.

Both platforms have pros and cons depending on the individual. 

Getting annoyed, for some reason Pcars keeps crashing...lol I didn't have this problem  throughout development, but now the game is complete I do :s

Hughesy said:
Getting annoyed, for some reason Pcars keeps crashing...lol I didn't have this problem  throughout development, but now the game is complete I do :s
All games crash from time to time unfortunately. (I've just had DAI crash on me fortunately I had just saved it as I had just returned to Haven from the Hinterlands and fortunately when you change maps it automatically saves

really depends on your preferred type of game, or input device.

sure you can use a controller on PC for FPS. but you'll be at a blatant disadvantage because of it.

Hughesy said:

Yep very true, I've already been through two Xbox Ones, and I'm on my second PS4. Bare in mind I barely play them lol. The first Xbox was doa, disc drive was broken, the second was the squeaky fan (which the current one does if on too long but not as loud). The first PS4 the disc drive broke, all things that can easily be replaced/fixed without bother. With both consoles it took ages and I had to start from scratch downloading all my games, game patches and OS patches.

Both platforms have pros and cons depending on the individual. 
and award for worst luck ever goes too...

Hughesy said:
All games crash from time to time unfortunately. (I've just had DAI crash on me fortunately I had just saved it as I had just returned to Haven from the Hinterlands and fortunately when you change maps it automatically saves
No this was crashing every time I launched it. Then when I went to play GTA Online with @RevolvingPrawn it kept crashing, so I quickly figured out (even though I'd been drinking) that it was the driver. So deleted and reinstalled and all is well :) Playing Pcars whilst being a little drunk is fun :D

Feeling a little shaky after last nights drinking, but it's time to play Pcars :D

Hughesy said:
Hughesy said:
No this was crashing every time I launched it. Then when I went to play GTA Online with @RevolvingPrawn it kept crashing, so I quickly figured out (even though I'd been drinking) that it was the driver. So deleted and reinstalled and all is well :) Playing Pcars whilst being a little drunk is fun :D

yeah sometimes it's because of a problem sometimes it's the game at least you found out what it was in my case it was just the game crashing. As I just rebooted it and it worked fine after that.

@RevolvingPrawn Just bought the DLC, and posted a nice screenshot on Steam of the Bentley GT3. It looks lush, now to see what it can do B)

Couldn't find any decent online lobbies this afternoon. The bug where you can't change your car view is extremely annoying.

Can't say I've ever experienced that, is it only when playing online? Maybe the host has it locked to a certain view.

Yeah, its only online. I believe its when you join while a session is in progress it locks you to bumper view. You also can't go out on track. Only happens in some lobbies too, its very strange.

Ah, does sound annoying. I haven't played online yet, so that would explain why I haven't had that bug. Hope they patch it soon. I'm loving the Bentley Continental GT3, it's probably my favourite car from the pack, although the BMW V12 is also awesome. :)

If there was one license I wish SMS could get, it would be BTCC, this sim would be perfect for it. :D

Great.... In career mode if I make a pit stop my tyres are all punctured once I leave the pit lane :rage: 

I started a new career, but this time going the GT route as the ai are so much better in those cars. For the first two races in the Clio cup I won easily on 100% difficulty, but the third event at Silverstone I'm over 1.5 seconds slower than the ai. Not sure why though as I'm really pushing, I just can't get near them on this track :(

I struggled in the Clio Cup at Silverstone. AI are amazing there, not so much at the other tracks. I think its the type of corners that allows them to be quick.

Glad it's not just me :joy: I went and did practice mode and did lap after lap, but couldn't get near what first place had set in career mode. Doesn't really matter as I have a huge points advantage, so I'll just get as many points as possible.

http://www.projectcarsgame.com/home/announcing-project-cars-2

Its April 1st right?

Platy said:

Its April 1st right?
Nope, this was known about long before Pcars even came out. Is now the time to announce it? No it's not, but it's going to be in development for a few years. The reason being its crowd funded again, so they want people to invest early while there's a buzz about the game.

Platy said:

Its April 1st right?
Tricky one for them, to be fair. It's perfectly normal for developers to start working on their next game as soon as or more usually before the current one launches, even though they plan to support the current one for some time. But the crowdfunding model inevitably means that schedule makes them look a bit money-grabbing.

That said, given how well the first one sold, you'd think they could fund the first bit of development with profits from that... but then it might not inspire confidence if they start asking for money halfway through development, either.

Asking to crowd fund a 2nd game when the 1st one isn't finished is a joke. No issue with them working on a 2nd game, just asking for money again is stupid. Such a greedy thing to do, but it sums up the industry well.

Release a game a month ago... "Give us money so we can make a 2nd one!" 

They've never claimed the first one is finished, nor is there any suggestion that any of the money they're asking for now will be used for their planned ongoing support of pCars 1. That's the rod they've made for their own back... what they're doing is completely normal development practice for privately funded companies, but it's hard to make it sound attractive when they're asking for the funding from us.

It doesn't matter if they've claimed its finished or not. The game has been out 6 weeks, they've just had a massive influx of sales due to the Steam summer sale and now that's ended they've gone "hey look, we're going to make a new game, buy in now for little to no reward other than an overpriced early access experience and you can get to enjoy Ian Bell's shitty attitude to everyone who has a slight issue with his game on a 2nd forum."

The announcement should have waited several months, let the first game get up to a higher standard that fits the attitude of the head of studio then let people buy into their overpriced EA. They've gone about this poorly, and while they can silence the critics on their own forums they've got a whole internet out there that disagrees with their practices.

That bit about Bell made me lol. I've said many times over the past few years that his attitude is awful, constructive criticism wasn't allowed. One time early in development I said there was a problem with manual gearbox when using the clutch, there was a massive delay in downshifts causing the back end to spin out. He said it was fine and I was moaning about nothing and a few other choice words thrown in. A few months later in the build notes it said "fixed an issue with delayed downshifts when using the clutch" 

He's always had a bad attitude.