Sign in to follow this  

Project CARS

Might even ask for a refund if possible, as they don't seem to be selling the newest version of it as Thrustmaster themselves said all new ones would have the newest firmware. I'm calm now although still angry.

Here's an interesting vid of Project cars I saw earlier which was pretty good racing around the Nordschliefe with the Inside Sim Racing guys in fact the same guys who tested Grid Autosport too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlSRYk7h1n0&list=WL&index=17

I was going to get the collectors edition (since it is not too expensive) on PS4, but 
a) It is £20 more expensive than PC and will have worse graphics etc. than PC
b) I have no wheel on PS4, but my wheel works on PC

So I'll have to stick to the PC master race for this game, which is a shame because I would have like it on PS4, but the wheel and price make it not really worth it. Pay more for an overall inferior experience? (Wheel is a major factor in that, the console isn't the issue really, I wouldn't have bought one if I didn't like it). No thanks Sony.

Did anyone get to EG to play this on the consoles ?

Some of the reports seem to suggest it was a bit lacking ...

dirt3joe said:
Did anyone get to EG to play this on the consoles ?

Some of the reports seem to suggest it was a bit lacking ...
Yeah, I went yesterday and had a go.

I went to EGX with this as the game I couldn't wait to play, but I left slightly disappointed. Not at the game really but what was on offer.

There were just two tracks on offer, Silverstone and Dubai Autodrome, and only about 3 cars I think? Really stupid considering the mountain of cars and tracks that are on the game! I only got to try the game out on a pad, but the handling of an LMP1 style car was poor. Very light steering, just not what you would expect. The other car was better, an Aston Martin GT car.

The graphics were stunning though, and I played it on a PC eventually running about 60fps I think? Really impressive, with great weather and sound, and in the low sunlight it's very good. The HUD is great, and you can change what you see in game by pressing a button which is great. So you can go from nothing to everything pretty much! They have a great driver cam view too, which leans into corners, really good.

Didn't manage to try it on a wheel (there was one stand) as the queue was stupidly long, but apparently it was much better there.

I was slightly disappointed though. Why couldn't we play all those cars and tracks. GT6 last year, you could drive about 25 cars on about 12 tracks so I spent hours there. Here, probably 20 minutes?

Honestly, LBP3 was my favourite game from the day...

You wanted to play with 25 cars? This game doesn't have loads of cars like GT6 lol Also maybe people understand why I said I can't see this game being ready for November. There's still a huge amount of cars that aren't ready and feel horrible to drive, especially without tuning them.

Hughesy said:
You wanted to play with 25 cars? This game doesn't have loads of cars like GT6 lol Also maybe people understand why I said I can't see this game being ready for November. There's still a huge amount of cars that aren't ready and feel horrible to drive, especially without tuning them.

the only explanation I can think of is the fact they're much closer to finishing as they're leading us to believe right now but I guess only time can answer that question.

Hughesy said:

the only explanation I can think of is the fact they're much closer to finishing as they're leading us to believe right now but I guess only time can answer that question.
How though? I play the latest build each week so I know exactly what stage its at.  

Hughesy said:
Hughesy said:

How though? I play the latest build each week so I know exactly what stage its at.  
Not beyond possibility that they are focussing on the console build ahead of the PC, as it seems easier to deploy PC patches.

That said, I would have thought the car input data is pretty similar (identical) across all the platforms.

We shall see. Anyhow, it's gone off my automatic purchase list and now is pending review. FH2 seems to have got good reviews,so next up, Driveclub. Then I should be able to decide whether PS4 or Xbox.

dirt3joe said:
Hughesy said:
Hughesy said:

Not beyond possibility that they are focussing on the console build ahead of the PC, as it seems easier to deploy PC patches.

That said, I would have thought the car input data is pretty similar (identical) across all the platforms.

We shall see. Anyhow, it's gone off my automatic purchase list and now is pending review. FH2 seems to have got good reviews,so next up, Driveclub. Then I should be able to decide whether PS4 or Xbox.
No they're not. We get to see everything that's being done, the physics are the same for each platform so that sort of thing is worked on together. 

Hughesy said:
Hughesy said:

I don't know but nothing is ever as straightforward as it seems. I'm not one of PCars backers so don't have access to any info to check. I am a backer for a Kickstarter game project so I know these things can happen.  In fact just received some positive news on that game as the first book as they're calling it will be available soon in fact end of next month as the game haws been divided into 5 books as it's a big story. Certainly if the first 2 games in the series are anything to go by it is anyway.

A November has been locked down so the PCars team must feel they've got everything under control now.

http://wtf1.co.uk/project-cars-new-locations/
Some screenshots, the game looks HAWT. 

Thought I'd post all the videos here from now on as its the PCars thread, enjoy. More on the way eventually!

http://youtu.be/YxvfLhzsSn4

http://youtu.be/XLJXw-2iaVQ

Another one, this is my favourite car in the game. It's not the fastest, but around corners it's awesome! So much fun to drive  :)
http://youtu.be/CEWPSUFosVM

Only going to upload one more video as my upload speeds are awful! The current one "only" has 1114 minutes left :#

@Platy This shows you what tractions like in the rain, I'm really surprised how realistic PCars has become. :)

A nice longish video showing rain conditions. This isn't heavy rain like one of my other videos, but it's enough to make it tricky to find traction, but very fun :) Enjoy (replay view at around 6:20)
http://youtu.be/w7Od1hJvZRc

@Hughesy,  nice video.  

I cannot wait for this game.   Have you had access to it for a while?   Even though you make a few mistakes, its obvious its due to the soaking wet track.  Looks like your ice skating at some points.  lol.   It really does look like fun, and thats not even heavy rain??? LOL wow.  

I want this game NOOOOOOOOOOOW!  

Can you explain about the handling?  Is it like forza? (I dont know if you've played that)  Do the cars turn out of the box, or do you have to spend a few hours tuning the car to get it competetive? 

Although I was pretty good at forza 4, every car in the game felt as if there was major understeer.  I wasnt trying to do 150mph around hairpins or anything like that, it just felt like there was understeer.   

@Hughesy,  nice video.  

I cannot wait for this game.   Have you had access to it for a while?   Even though you make a few mistakes, its obvious its due to the soaking wet track.  Looks like your ice skating at some points.  lol.   It really does look like fun, and thats not even heavy rain??? LOL wow.  

Can you explain about the handling?  Is it like forza? (I dont know if you've played that)  Do the cars turn out of the box, or do you have to spend a few hours tuning the car to get it competetive? 

Although I was pretty good at forza 4, every car in the game felt as if there was major understeer.  I wasnt trying to do 150mph around hairpins or anything like that, it just felt like there was understeer.   

According to him it's very sim like but that's based on what he's told me. But he's had access to the game for a while as he's one of the Projects backers or one of the original ones anyway.

@Hughesy,  nice video.  

Yea I'm a massive Forza fan. It's a little more realistic than F5, but not to the point where cars are undriveable. It's pretty close to AC (another pc sim) On the PC version the FFB is amazing so you get a lot of feedback on what the car is doing. At the moment some cars need tuning, but I think that's more to do with the game not being finished yet. Driving in the wet is great fun, when you start with cold tyres you think it's going to be very hard. After a few laps though the grip builds up. If you go off and get the tyres dirty, they take a few corners to cleanup and have grip again.

Id say the GT3 spec cars are the best to drive at the moment, every car does feel different which is nice. My favourite cars is in the video above, the Formula Gulf. It's not the quickest but is a blast around corners, and it's easyish to catch a slide. :)

One thing that still needs work is the AI, as they can be a little crazy sometimes. Mind you I prefer that to Gran Turismo AI which are boring. They have made big steps forward compared to last year, so I think they will be ok when the game is finished. What platform will you be getting it for?

Edit: btw I wasn't joking about that video taking 8 hours to upload. My download speeds are great! But my uploads pre date the cave men it seems.... :#
I may still upload another video with me racing the AI, but God knows how long it'll take lol

Ill be getting it for the Xbox one.   

1080p @60 fps is most likely the cause of 8 hour upload,  lol 

Ive got virgins 152mb connection,  12 mb upload, and it can still take a while uploading a 720p 60 fps video. 

:smiley: 

I can't get fibre optic until March when BT fit it in my area. I'm stuck on a phone line, but get 17meg downloads which is good considering most only get 6 or 7 on that. Uploads are around 0.5 lol. Good job I choose not to upload at 1440p (my monitors res) Can't go lower than 1080p 60fps, as it'll look too ugly in my eyes. Just going to have a look what car, track  to race on :)