Sign in to follow this  

Project CARS

I'm looking forward to racing the old classic Hockenheim again given that's supposed to be in the game.
It was in the game, I'll have a look if it still is as I didn't see it this morning. I am pretty blind though :p If it is I'll do a quick single lap video using one of the old Lotus cars for you ;)

Edit: can't do it for a few mins, as there's a 1.6GB update downloading at the moment.

Edit 2: Seems like all the old tracks have gone! Wtf I'll see if I can find out why later. Seems odd to have all these old cars but no old tracks. There were about 7 old tracks, including Silverstone and Monza.

Im actually missing other tracks and not just classics.....  Apparently Some were deleted as they focus on other tracks, and will be released as dlc, better not have to pay for them as that is awful!

Hughesy said:
I'm looking forward to racing the old classic Hockenheim again given that's supposed to be in the game.
It was in the game, I'll have a look if it still is as I didn't see it this morning. I am pretty blind though :p If it is I'll do a quick single lap video using one of the old Lotus cars for you ;)

Edit: can't do it for a few mins, as there's a 1.6GB update downloading at the moment.

Edit 2: Seems like all the old tracks have gone! Wtf I'll see if I can find out why later. Seems odd to have all these old cars but no old tracks. There were about 7 old tracks, including Silverstone and Monza.

Im actually missing other tracks and not just classics.....  Apparently Some were deleted as they focus on other tracks, and will be released as dlc, better not have to pay for them as that is awful!

yeah one of the reasons why I liked the look of it was to go charging around some of those old classics again. Hopefully they get put back in or released later as dlc if not.

Project cars is the deal breaker for me for playing any racing games. I seen a 64 grid race the other day on youtube. .. WTF lol. Looked insane. From what I've seen upto now it doesn't look bad at all. Roll on release date! :)

dirt3joe said:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-02-18-project-cars-release-moved-back-to-april

Delayed. Again.
Not surprised, lots of bugs still, and some cars aren't finished/don't feel right. I'd say it's 90% done and is great fun, but with something new like this it needs to be perfect otherwise people will lose interest. Think the have a touch of the PD o:)

Hughesy said:
dirt3joe said:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-02-18-project-cars-release-moved-back-to-april

Delayed. Again.
Not surprised, lots of bugs still, and some cars aren't finished/don't feel right. I'd say it's 90% done and is great fun, but with something new like this it needs to be perfect otherwise people will lose interest. Think the have a touch of the PD o:)
If that's how you feel about it then it's not a good sign.

They have only delayed the release by a couple of weeks.

dirt3joe said:
Hughesy said:
dirt3joe said:

Delayed. Again.
If that's how you feel about it then it's not a good sign.

They have only delayed the release by a couple of weeks.
It is good, what I meant was its not perfect and needs some polishing :) It shows they care about their game and customers, as so many devs are forced to release a game finished or not. Trust me, when it's done it'll be awesome. They could be holding a few things back from the latest build, it's not a mess, it's just general bug fixes which I'm sure the extra few weeks helps so they don't rush and mess something up. April is still a while away, they're probably just being conservative.

Each weekly build has some pretty big updates, so I'm sure it'll be great by April. I haven't played the last few weekly builds, so some of my worries could've been fixed by now. I'll have a look tomrrow if I'm able to play it ;)

It's probably further than 90% done, that was just me guessing. Some of the car models weren't quite finished when I last played, and some felt a tad weird to drive, but that could just be an easy tuning fix. The main bug I last had was the pit crew animations, they'd use the wheel gun but not where the wheels were.lol It's mainly just graphical bugs, like rain wouldn't show up on windscreens with some cars, and I'm pretty sure that won't take long to finish if they haven't already.

dirt3joe said:

Delayed. Again.
Only by a couple of weeks that's not much really I'm guessing it's just because there are 1 or 2 bugs they want to iron out first.

Lukedfrt said:
Bollocks, i booked a week off starting the 22nd of march, was really looking forward to this :/
Kind of makes me glad I don't have a job to take time off from in these cases

Delayed again (tips hat to sjsharp2010

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-03-11-project-cars-delayed-again

Can't say I am surprised.

Kinda backs up everything I've been saying. It just lack polish, and as the don't have a corporate company forcing them, they can take as long as is needed. I really think devs shouldn't announce a date until they know with about 90% certainty that it can be released on X date.

Hughesy said:
Kinda backs up everything I've been saying. It just lack polish, and as the don't have a corporate company forcing them, they can take as long as is needed. I really think devs shouldn't announce a date until they know with about 90% certainty that it can be released on X date.
Doubt that. The dev team is burning up cash all the time ? Where does it come from ?

I agree re the release date. I think putting it back to start of April from what was it mid march was a mistake. They should have done it in one go.

dirt3joe said:
Hughesy said:
Doubt that. The dev team is burning up cash all the time ? Where does it come from ?

I agree re the release date. I think putting it back to start of April from what was it mid march was a mistake. They should have done it in one go.
The cash came from all us backers, and they got more than they needed. They asked for what they needed, which included possible delays as that's highly possible for game development, and as we agreed for it to be made on consoles as well, they have extra cash due to higher numbers being sold ;) The whole point of making this game funded by players was so they weren't pressured by big wigs to release it at date X even if it's not completed (which happens a lot these days)

Hughesy said:
dirt3joe said:
Hughesy said:

The cash came from all us backers, and they got more than they needed. They asked for what they needed, which included possible delays as that's highly possible for game development, and as we agreed for it to be made on consoles as well, they have extra cash due to higher numbers being sold ;) The whole point of making this game funded by players was so they weren't pressured by big wigs to release it at date X even if it's not completed (which happens a lot these days)
Agreed same thing happened with Dreamfall Chapters a game I'm backing got more money than it needed so the team made the decision to restructure the game a bit so they could make it bigger and better. They've released the first part late last year the other 4 parts are due for release at various points during this year. In fact I believe the secomd part based on the info I have will be released soon.

I hope you guys are this forgiving if we ever have to move a date :P
Well I am :) I'd rather a game come out finished, than not and still having to wait for it to be fixed. If a delay means the game is better when released, then that's always a good thing in my book. Is that a hint that F1 might get delayed?  o:)

Whilst i want the game to be polished, 4 delays is just stupid. 

They shouldn't keep giving out dates if they can't deliver it...

Lukedfrt said:

It'l be done when it's done I suppose as I'm going throu8gh other things at the moment anyway and it just gives me a little more breathing room to do them.

I hope you guys are this forgiving if we ever have to move a date :P

As long as you communicate with your customers about it & deliver quality at launch (along with prompt post-launch support), I expect most would be amenable to reasonable schedule changes.

Lukedfrt said:

Two of the delays have been tiny though, and if you read the article on PC gamer he says why. It's 99.9% done, but the last .1% is trickier than expected ;)

Hughesy said:
dirt3joe said:
Hughesy said:

Well I'm not wholly convinced. The world isn't black and white like that. They may have reduced the pressure to release somewhat by their funding methods, but the money supply is always finite. I can't see how you could argue otherwise. Originally it was supposed to be released Nov 14 on consoles ? Now it is overdue to April. So that has cost them how much extra cash, and how long till the money they raised runs out ? Another year ? Another 2 years ? And one thing I am also interested in, if they don't/didn't spend that money on extra dev time, what would it be spent on instead ?