Sign in to follow this  

Project CARS

Hughesy said:
Lukedfrt said:
Whilst i want the game to be polished, 4 delays is just stupid. 

They shouldn't keep giving out dates if they can't deliver it...
Two of the delays have been tiny though, and if you read the article on PC gamer he says why. It's 99.9% done, but the last .1% is trickier than expected ;)
It's not the last 0.1% then, is it ?

dirt3joe said:

Hughesy said:
Lukedfrt said:

Two of the delays have been tiny though, and if you read the article on PC gamer he says why. It's 99.9% done, but the last .1% is trickier than expected ;)
How did you work that out? Just being silly now. The game could be finished bar one bug. Time doesn't = percentage complete. This game has been in development for a long time, the delay isn't that long. They could've missed a deadline for it to go gold, so the whole production gets put back, pretty simple really. And as for your other comment, do you know how much the raised and have spent? They still have plenty of time, and as I said now it's being made for consoles they can factor in larger sales. Delaying it and getting it right will cost less than releasing it broken and losing many sales...

Ive been with this game since it was first talked about, and have learnt a lot about game development, most of which the average gamer wouldn't know about. I get to read everything they plan on doing, and how each process is done. As you said the world isn't black and white, but it's not me implying that, as I have a massive insight into how this game is being developed, that's why I can say all this, as I know exactly what's going on. ;)

Hughesy said:
dirt3joe said:

Hughesy said:
Lukedfrt said:

How did you work that out? Just being silly now. The game could be finished bar one bug. Time doesn't = percentage complete. This game has been in development for a long time, the delay isn't that long. They could've missed a deadline for it to go gold, so the whole production gets put back, pretty simple really. And as for your other comment, do you know how much the raised and have spent? They still have plenty of time, and as I said now it's being made for consoles they can factor in larger sales. Delaying it and getting it right will cost less than releasing it broken and losing many sales...

Ive been with this game since it was first talked about, and have learnt a lot about game development, most of which the average gamer wouldn't know about. I get to read everything they plan on doing, and how each process is done. As you said the world isn't black and white, but it's not me implying that, as I have a massive insight into how this game is being developed, that's why I can say all this, as I know exactly what's going on. ;)
Ok  - I develop products. So I quote a customer 6 months to deliver something. After six months he rings me up and says "how's it going?" I say, "great. it's 99.9% complete". He says "Brilliant, when are you going to deliver it then?" I say "it's going to be another 6 months".

What do you reckon the response is going to be ? TTM/delivery time to a particular quality/performance/cost standard is the only sensible metric to measure when a project is completed. it's the only thing that matters to the customer. Not how many lines of code are written, how many cream buns the admin staff have eaten or how many tracks have been licensed.

To me as a customer the only relevant thing is that I get the product as soon as possible and it meets my expectations in terms of performance/quality/cost.

I think the thing to remember about PCars is that they are subject to the same constraints the rest of the world are. Their resources are finite and therefore the development time must be finite also. You can argue that the emphasis on development may be different, and the demands of the investors/expected return on revenue is different, but they are subject to the same fundamental constraints. It all boils down to money and time, no matter what the funding model is.

That said, when it comes to games, I love driving games, I don't care that much how they are produced, I just want good ones. I want P Cars to succeed and I want to be able to buy a great racing game from them. I just don't see why they should be immune to critism when they make poor excuses.

Judging by the pre-release youtube videos, project cars looks good. Be good to experience the finished product following the launch date.

Didn't they say one of the previous delays was because they wanted to avoid competition? And then they delayed it again. Stuff like that annoys me when they deliberately try to mislead the consumer.

For all racing fans, unfortunate discovery today from staff at local game store. Project cars release now suspended until may!

Delayed would have been a better word 

And it's already been discussed in the Project Cars thread... Tottenham fans ay ;)

I've merged the threads together into this main Project CARS thread.

D4ZZL4R said:
For all racing fans, unfortunate discovery today from staff at local game store. Project cars release now suspended until may!
Already been spoken about, and as I and many others help fund it, I have more info than your local game store ;) The latest build is awesome, I know now why they delayed it, but in general terms it's amazing! They just want it to be perfect unlike most devs these days (who have bigwigs on their backs)

If you want to see vidoes of me playing it, look here http://youtu.be/w7Od1hJvZRc There's more videos of mine on my channel. Don't upload many, and these are from builds that are 2 months old, it's changed quite a bit since then, so I may do more soon. Might wait until I have fibre optic which should be in a few weeks, as doing vidoes at 1080p and above at 60fps takes a while for me to upload.

Suspended, means until another time, it means a ceiling built lower than its structure e.g , delayed would work for sure, or any other word, point of the matter is it isn't happening now until may. (i agree partly so as to not disagree) , :) And nice 1 hughesy for the insight, and the game definitely looks epic, i have watched the ps4 , xb1, and ign project car videos and i agree it is going to be awesome!. The answer i was given as to the why it has been delayed, according to the store manager @ game, is for the staff producing project cars to finish the game off completely so it is released without any errors, bugs, or problems. (By the way also, free pre orders in store @ present.)

Luckily I don't need to preorder it, as I get to play it whenever I want B) Just had a 3.5GB patch download for it, so might play it in a bit, and maybe a short video. I don't go on IGN but they don't strike me of sim racers. Just got to setup my T500rs first, not sure what car/track I'll hot lap on. I like single seaters mainly, but the GT cars in this sim are awesome to drive.

A good all round racing experience, hope everyone benefits from a cheeky free pre order.; )

Xbox footage :smile: 

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-03-21-video-project-cars-xbox-one-gameplay-breaks-cover-at-last

Really angry now :rage: Just read something on the private WMD forum. Take my money quick enough and then go back on your word and not give members the full game...

Was told at the start that the member level I'm at I'd get the full game, then read this just now.

vvv

You will receive a voucher (not available yet, as far as I know) which will discount you in 50% (20% for Junior Members) on the final price to pay for PCARS at STEAM Store.

However, you will still be able to use the PCARS builds until the release date.

----------------

Not Happy, it's not the first time they've gone back on their word, as originally everyone that helped fund it was going to get a return, but that changed. Then they changed membership levels, but never said people who were team members would need to upgrade to "full member" to get the finished game. Well thanks very much, might ask for a full refund as I'm really angry. I have AC anyway which is just as good, and better in some areas.

Rant/

Is there any leagues for Project CARs yet? Haven't played racing games too much for the last couple of years, might have a go on PC when I get this game.

AMS97KRR said:
Is there any leagues for Project CARs yet? Haven't played racing games too much for the last couple of years, might have a go on PC when I get this game.
Since only a few people have acsees to the game I doubt it. But as soon as the.game is released leagues will be set up

Launch delays are disappointing, but given the choice, I'd much prefer to wait for a quality game that works well when I buy it, rather than an unfinished game that works poorly until patches/updates roll out weeks/months after I buy it.

Nice video(s) @Hughesy. Thanks for sharing.

Operator1 said:

Launch delays are disappointing, but given the choice, I'd much prefer to wait for a quality game that works well when I buy it, rather than an unfinished game that works poorly until patches/updates roll out weeks/months after I buy it.

Nice video(s) @Hughesy. Thanks for sharing.

Yeah I agree I'd rather they take their time too especially as it's not a yearly release type project like the |F1 series is.  this is what I keep saying on the F1 section of the forums. When you do a yearly release game like CM are doing with F1 then you aren't likely to get everything 100% perfect heck even FIFA with the weight of EA behind it has a few problems too now and then and they have much more behind them than what CM have It5's because time provides too much pressure in those situations. That's why we got what we got with F1 2014 Whereas w2ith most games that don't have such tight restraints tend to work out better a lot of the time. F1 2010 was in development for about 2 years before we actually got hold of it and that's turned out I believe to be the most successful they've done thus far because I think they were able to put more time and effort into it's development. All we can do is leave feedback and hope they can use it to improve things on the next version. Not keep moaning about what has been done about the previous ones

I don't mind the delay's to be honest, I just hope that it is bug free and excellent come launch. If not, I will be very, very disappointed. I just don't like how much it has been delayed. Like don't say it will we be out in March if you need to push it back a further two months. They could have said around Spring-Summer time 2015 and then announce a date close to the time. But no, they've got my hopes up 2 or 3 times now and then let me down. If you cannot be certain of a date, don't say one. 
If it does come out in May, wont that be a 6 month delay? That's crazy, how could they be that far out? 

Hint hint...  Probably because the devs aren't based in one building. They basically hire devs all around the world, like freelancing, so they have people doing lots of little bits and probably don't  communicate properly. Let's just say I'm not surprised at all. Some of the things ive seen on the private forum have shocked me today...