DiRT Rally 2.0 - New Player Guide Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Project CARS

Hughesy said:
Yea I have thought about doing that. I suppose it would still look ok to others, it's just me as I've been playing at 2560x1440p for three years now. I'm going to do a test run and compare size & quality between 720p vs 1080p. If I uploaded at my native resolution, the game would be released before it would upload :joy: 

Glad you enjoyed the video, I might do some smaller ones today showing different cars. :)
Do you take requests if so.
Formula C please :)

Hughesy said:
Yea I have thought about doing that. I suppose it would still look ok to others, it's just me as I've been playing at 2560x1440p for three years now. I'm going to do a test run and compare size & quality between 720p vs 1080p. If I uploaded at my native resolution, the game would be released before it would upload :joy: 

Glad you enjoyed the video, I might do some smaller ones today showing different cars. :)
Going from HD to SD is a killer, whenever I watch SD stuff now it hurts my eyes  :p

I've honestly not seen that much about Project Cars recently, been keeping my eye on it as best I can but been really busy so its cool to see how the game is coming along. 
Yea I've had Pcars since the very first build, which only included two or three tracks and a few cars. It's been an amazing insight seeing how games are made, I don't get so angry if something doesn't work as it should. It's such a complicated process, so I can see how certain bugs slip through the net. To see how far this game has come since the first build is brilliant. I still read every bit about what is being worked on and how it's coming along, I just don't post on the private forum anymore, as like I said it can be a hostile place.

Might do a smallish night race in a bit, and if the file isn't too big I'll upload it. The game is running a lot better today, so I think I did need to restart my PC after the update, but obviously couldn't as I had the video uploading.

The new cabinet still isn't live so I can't order fibre yet :( There was a BT van outside doing something to it this morning, so I'm hoping I'll be able to order it soon. Until recently I'd never made a video, but I like doing them, just a shame my upload speeds are so slow. I now have so much spare time as I only work part time due to my medical condition, so I'm trying to find stuff to do with it all. It's why I wanted to become a  moderator on here, but I wasn't chosen, maybe I will if you guys ever add more. o:)

Juice29 said:
Hughesy said:

Do you take requests if so.
Formula C please :)
Yea sure, I just recorded a wet night race at Silverstone in a BMW Z4 GT3. I'll do a video using Formula C though, any track you'd prefer? :)

Hughesy said:
@Juice29  @RevolvingPrawn  @LiteralZero Here's the video that's taken me so long to upload. I didn't do qualifying so started at the back, with ai on the hardest setting. Didn't tune the car and wish I'd had, lots of understeer and a boot load of lift off oversteer, but it was fun to drive. On the second lap I should've backed out of a overtake and payed the price.

The other times I went off track was mainly because of the silly pit radio, it came on at the worst time and was extremely loud, so put me off. The stuttering is because of a setting ingame that Shadowplay didn't like when recording, so sorry about that, it is/was 60fps while playing. Hope you still enjoy it
:)  Towards the end I sturggled with front tyre wear. http://youtu.be/Aha1SHaBEOU
Nice driving @Hughesy wish I could drive as smoothly as that. Shame you just missed out on the top 10 but you did well I think.

Ok I found a way to make my videos smaller. I can record at 1080p 60fps but set bit rate to 10mbps. Sound quality goes downhill, but file size goes down to 200mb for 2 laps vs 720p 60fps 50mbps 1GB

So I have a short video uploading at the moment, it's Formula C at Hockenheim 1080p 60fps. I also have another one with same car & track, but this time a race. Decided to record it at 720p 60fps, and it's only 600mb for 8 minutes of footage. Much better than the Clio video which was 14mins and around 5GB :)

Ok this was a test video really, to see how setting bitrate from 50 down to 10 turns out. I now have the race video uploading. If this looks good enough for you guys, I'll be able to do more videos, and upload quicker. This one is 1080p 60fps, the race video is 720p, that's for later though.

http://youtu.be/hjTv5os4RBo

Hughesy said:
Ok this was a test video really, to see how setting bitrate from 50 down to 10 turns out. I now have the race video uploading. If this looks good enough for you guys, I'll be able to do more videos, and upload quicker. This one is 1080p 60fps, the race video is 720p, that's for later though.

http://youtu.be/hjTv5os4RBo
Video looks great! funny thing with YouTube is the amount of compression it puts on to a video when you upload, so I think the bitrate you settled on is a good one. Can always tweak more if you wanted though. :smiley:

Think I'll keep the bitrate as it is, think it's the lowest Shadowplay allows anyway. The 5 lap race is 50% done already, so it's a huge improvement. As some here know, audio quality is almost more important than graphics for me, so it hurts me to do it, but for a Youtube video it doesn't make that much difference. It means I can upload quicker which is the main thing, as that one video yesterday took something like 11 hours. :#

Until I have fibre, this is what I'll stick to.

Juice29 said:
Awesome job your now subbed by me :D
The race video is almost done, it's at 98% :) Also just started uploading another video showing dynamic weather & time of day. I speeded it up so I could fit it into a 7 lap race. I'll post the new video in a few minutes ;)

Juice29 said:
Got time for a formula B race?
Yep, what track? I'm going to upload the weather and time of day video first, but once that's done I'll upload a Formula B race.
Here's the Formula C race.
http://youtu.be/l7xaq8M6jmo

mike96 said:
Nice video mate, btw why did you pick #44, do you feel #blessed? :p :p  
Didn't even know it was 44 :joy: 

I was pretty happy with that race, especially with that drift on lap 3 near the end of the lap.
:) 

Juice29 said:
Some great overtaking moves :)
Agreed shame about that spin on the last lap but aside from that it was a good race as he pretty much had the other drivers in his pocket

Juice29 said:
Agreed shame about that spin on the last lap but aside from that it was a good race as he pretty much had the other drivers in his pocket
Awesome save on the last corner of the last lap

Juice29 said:
Juice29 said:
Yeah it was

Juice29 said:
Juice29 said:
Yea I hurt my wrist saving the spin. I use the full 1080 degrees of my T500rs, and had to spin it really fast, then catch it as it flung back. Obviously with normal cornering I don't use that much rotation, as it sets each cars steering accordingly, and you can tune to quicker or slower steering. It's the first game to truly use my wheel to its full potential.

So something went wrong while it was uploading the weather & time of day video :( So it's now uploading the Formula B race. Not sure what time it'll be ready though, still it's an improvement over yesterday. :joy: 

How much do people make doing a proper YouTube channel? Not saying I'd ever do that, but its something to think about if my disability gets worse.

I think pewdiepie is a millionaire you can make serious money but you'd have to find a niche

Juice29 said:
I think pewdiepie is a millionaire you can make serious money but you'd have to find a niche
Call myself the crazy cripple and do silly stuff= millionaire :joy: 
About 30 minutes for the final video of the day.