Sign in to follow this  

Project CARS

Hughesy said:
Juice29 said:
I think pewdiepie is a millionaire you can make serious money but you'd have to find a niche
Call myself the crazy cripple and do silly stuff= millionaire :joy: 
About 30 minutes for the final video of the day.
You.could be the first troll.for project cars online

Video done, not my best race and it was like racing 19 Maldonado's :joy: 

Edit: Not sure what's going on, but it's only playing at 360p.... It was recorded at 720p with no setting changed from my last video. Sorry, not sure what's going on.

http://youtu.be/hDDdvmmVkoA

Project Cars is looking so dang impressive that it's actually got me considering the possibility of building a budget gaming PC. @Hughesy better stop uploading those videos before I do something crazy! :smiley: 

It's probably already been speculated by others, but it seems to me like Project Cars is poised to make such a significant impact that it could truly shake up the world of game development/production. Incumbent game companies (like ones that rhyme with "ModeCasters" & "Learn When") should be prepared to go back to the drawing board & re-think all of their approaches because the "rules" are about to change - and devs who don't adapt will quickly lose their audiences entirely.

Nice Video loving the formula B Interesting to see its got KERS does that deploy automatically or do you trigger it?

Juice29 said:
Nice Video loving the formula B Interesting to see its got KERS does that deploy automatically or do you trigger it?
For Formula B you press it and it uses it all in one go, for Formula A it works like KERS from last year, and also has DRS.

@Platy Ah I see, thanks, I'm new to all this. :)

@Operator1 Do you have a Xbox One or PS4? As its being released for them.

Juice29 said:
So Formula B 's is closer to a.push to pass system Thanks
Yep exactly like that, it refills every lap. For Formula A its different, it actually refills while braking, so you can actually use it more than in real F1. I might change when the game comes out, or there could be rules set for usage.

Actually Im wrong, you see it refill, but if you've used the full amount you can't use what you gain until the next lap. Just the OSD confusing me. I'm going to upload one more video tonight, Formula A at Catalunya. It's only a single lap, and not a fast one really, but it shows KERS and it refilling. It should show what I have left and what's being saved, as its a bit confusing.

Just a short one, and I lost the rear at the end. It's very easy to spin out, but also easy to control if you understand what I mean. Due to good ffb you feel in control, but get impatient and boom. I blame tiredness and my arm hurting after all the driving ive done today. Racing excuses o:)
http://youtu.be/tW7JZIkfCOg

Hughesy said:
Juice29 said:
For Formula B you press it and it uses it all in one go, for Formula A it works like KERS from last year, and also has DRS.

@Platy Ah I see, thanks, I'm new to all this. :)

Hopefully they will change the DRS rules before release. I think its best in the races at least that you should not be able to use it anywhere.

Really loving the Formula B more please :blush: 

I think it's based on the season where you could use it anywhere, as Pcars was in development back when those rules were in.
I have that video uploading that failed last night, showing time of day and weather changes. It's only 7 laps so I speeded the time and weather up to fit it all in :) 43% done, might be done in an hour or so, it's 11 minutes long. So glad I found a way to get the size of the videos down using Nvidia Shadowplay, it's a great tool and doesn't affect framerate.
No work today, so I'll try and do more. My body is feeling like crap today though, but I'm still going to try, as it'll hurt if I do nothing anyway.

Here's the video showing dynamic weather and time of day. As of posting it hasn't finished processing, so if you want to wait for it to be 720p it shouldn't be too long. Hope you enjoy it, as I said I speeded up weather & time of day to fit it into a 7 lap race. Towards the end before it started raining for the second time my tyres were overheated, so I was glad when the rain came as I was struggling.
http://youtu.be/VRnk81EdCdc

Hughesy said:
Here's the video showing dynamic weather and time of day. As of posting it hasn't finished processing, so if you want to wait for it to be 720p it shouldn't be too long. Hope you enjoy it, as I said I speeded up weather & time of day to fit it into a 7 lap race. Towards the end before it started raining for the second time my tyres were overheated, so I was glad when the rain came as I was struggling.
probably the best race you've done so far 5th place as well not a bad place to end up with

Hughesy said:
What car did you use?

It's a RUF RGT-8 GT3. The rain and day to night transfers are awesome aren't they :) Had some problems with YouTube today, uploads get stuck for some reason, but I think it's working now. Will have a short hot lap using a Bac Mono at Luguna Seca. Shouldn't be too long until it's done, providing YouTube doesn't go weird on me again.
Im trying to record a Formula B race at Nürburgring GP at the moment, but keep getting punted off. The AI are a bit crazy for open wheel races. I've switched to my F1 style rim on my T500rs now, so I might do better, as the normal wheel has static paddle shifters which isn't great for fast open wheel cars.

http://youtu.be/x_yNb0B3VVc

Also, livery for Formula A car :D
Edit: Still keep having problems with YouTube, for some reason it gets stuck at a certain point. Now I need to keep watching it, as when it freezes I have to cancel and click upload again. It starts from where it was stuck, so it doesn't start from 0%. Hoping to have the Formula B race up in around 30mins. After that I recorded a Formula A race at Monza in the wet.

Ok @Juice29  Formula B race finally done, YouTube giving me a nightmare today. Won't show 720p for a few minutes, so wait if you want to see it at that.

http://youtu.be/K7oa8iPvENg

Hughesy said:
http://youtu.be/x_yNb0B3VVc

Also, livery for Formula A car :D
Edit: Still keep having problems with YouTube, for some reason it gets stuck at a certain point. Now I need to keep watching it, as when it freezes I have to cancel and click upload again. It starts from where it was stuck, so it doesn't start from 0%. Hoping to have the Formula B race up in around 30mins. After that I recorded a Formula A race at Monza in the wet.

Ok @Juice29  Formula B race finally done, YouTube giving me a nightmare today. Won't show 720p for a few minutes, so wait if you want to see it at that.

http://youtu.be/K7oa8iPvENg
You have convinced me to buy this game :smiley:

yeah I've already preordered it myself as Amazon have had it listed on their site for a while have to admit though watching these vids and the news on F1 2015 today is definitely giving me a driving itch. Not that I didn't already have one as I was planning on a bit of motor racing once I'm done with Dragon Age.

Hughesy said:

I don't, nor do I want one. I game on my Xbox 360. I really don't like the direction I'm seeing in the whole "next-gen" (now current-gen) console market, so my next gaming upgrade may be to PC. Console makers & game makers have soured me so much about the future of console gaming that they're driving me away from consoles. It's a shame & I'd prefer to keep gaming on consoles, but they just seem determined to keep making the gaming experience worse (for me, anyway).

As promised, Formula A race at Monza in the rain. Bit of a crazy race, and my first one in the wet using Formula A. Also using Williams livery :) Just waiting for YouTube to show it at 720p before I watch it myself.

http://youtu.be/X-E5hGRmW18

Clio Cup career race 2, at Snetterton. This time I did qualifying so managed P1. I forgot to record onboard footage, so used the replay cameras after the race.
http://youtu.be/DxRjGTGxYCM

Well I've certainly paid the price making all those videos. I hate MS, one day you feel fine, the next day you feel like you've been hit by a bulldozer :weary: 
Btw thanks @Juice29 as before you mentioned if I'd played career mode I never thought to play it. The reason being is until recently we had to configure the ai ourselves. There were many sliders, and no matter what I did they were bat poop crazy. At times they still are, but I'd rather that than far too conservative like F1 games have been. Really had fun playing career mode.
:) 
Pretty sure the new F1 game is going to be awesome, so the ai will be a lot more fun to race with, going a bit offtopic here.

After my rant about things changing with regards to my funding (turns out I only get 50% off the game) that's in the past, as I'm defiantly going to pay the other 50%. Plus reading the t&c's I do infact get money from the sales of the game, so make sure you all but it and make me rich. Just kidding, I won't make much from it, maybe get the amount I put in back, although it's all confusing how and when we actually get anything, think it has to make a certain amount before backers get anything.

The thing that made me most happy was my dads reaction to that last video at Snetterton. He has  altzimers so I only see flashes of his former self. But when I showed him that video he knew what track it was right away, and his face lit up. When he was young he raced there, not cars but 
Lambrettas. Not your typical road one as he modified them, so they were a lot faster. :)