Jump to content Jump to content

Less then 2 Weeks Till Release - Japan ONLY!

Codemasters say that the release date for F1 2014 is 2 weeks before the UK because they always launch it alongside the Japanese GP. I dont understand why a british company making a F1 game would want to allow people in Japan where lets face it is not where the most F1 games are sold or even game consoles unless its nintendo. Anyone from codemasters please be willing to tell us why you couldnt launch the UK & Europe version alongside the Japanese version. You owe your customers an explanation, please!
Codemasters say that the release date for F1 2014 is 2 weeks before the UK because they always launch it alongside the Japanese GP. I dont understand why a british company making a F1 game would want to blah blah blah...blah.
Bamco Nandai isn't some british publisher you know. Still understandable someone may wonder why release there first instead, as the passion for F1 sport over there is simply nonexistent.
hola said:
Codemasters say that the release date for F1 2014 is 2 weeks before the UK because they always launch it alongside the Japanese GP. I dont understand why a british company making a F1 game would want to blah blah blah...blah.
Bamco Nandai isn't some british publisher you know. Still understandable someone may wonder why release there first instead, as the passion for F1 sport over there is simply nonexistent.
I hope that was sarcasm that didn't show. Japanese are possibly the most passionate fans there are.
APR193 said:
hola said:
I hope that was sarcasm that didn't show. Japanese are possibly the most passionate fans there are.
yeah I agree the Suzuka race I think gets some of the highest attendances out of all the races. Every time I've watched the Japanese GP the grandstands have been pretty full  I think. I'm not saying the sales will be as hot as they will over here but given they have a different language version to us may also be playing a part to this decision too.
APR193 said:
hola said:
yeah I agree the Suzuka race I think gets some of the highest attendances out of all the races. Every time I've watched the Japanese GP the grandstands have been pretty full  I think. I'm not saying the sales will be as hot as they will over here but given they have a different language version to us may also be playing a part to this decision too.
Its not so much the attendance figures its things like how the grandstands on the pit straight are half full on Thursday just for the sake of watching the teams set up. They're mental
APR193 said:
APR193 said:
hola said:
Its not so much the attendance figures its things like how the grandstands on the pit straight are half full on Thursday just for the sake of watching the teams set up. They're mental
I agree they can be a bit mental when it comes top the yearly race at Suzuka yes.
Tourgott said:
Japanese version is completely identical to the European version. See:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LxYQ8kkDbw

So I guess all "illegal players" will be able to play the game 2 weeks earlier than buyers. Great CM!
I like the way the race plays out..... The undercut for pitting lat and the fight with RAI..... The player was faster but couldn't get past the Ferrari! Good to me! And yes the game doesn't look very different but i like 2014, the sound is different, and the handling looks challenging!
Tourgott said:
Japanese version is completely identical to the European version. See:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LxYQ8kkDbw

So I guess all "illegal players" will be able to play the game 2 weeks earlier than buyers. Great CM!
I like the way the race plays out..... The undercut for pitting lat and the fight with RAI..... The player was faster but couldn't get past the Ferrari! Good to me! And yes the game doesn't look very different but i like 2014, the sound is different, and the handling looks challenging!
Yeah I agree. I was going to hold off until the price drops on it but now after seeing some of the vids over the past few daysI don't know. I may be tempted to pick this up earlier it just depends on how things go for me because it's starting to look like a really good game despite the obvious flaws. I'll be still using the assists but still it's looking quite a neat package. Shame they haven't released a demo to try and wet our appetite for it a bit more.