Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

can too many patches cause more bugs than it fixes

Just wondering if many patches can have a negative affect on the game in balance: ie: for as many bugs you fix it has a knock on affect to other area's

sounds like f1 2016 was not a bad game in general, it had its faults but not like 2017 problems....codemasters have to fix lots with out creating new bugs, before they can thing about updating general stuff......

that's a general issue with software-programming, not only at codemasters... Just look at some other games when they bring an update/fix/patch, it often causes something else to bug completely that had nothing to do with the update/fix/patch...

Just wondering if many patches can have a negative affect on the game in balance: ie: for as many bugs you fix it has a knock on affect to other area's
 how bugs happen in these games is one feature causes bugs for other features and fixing them is a constant compromise of how to get all features working together the best they can. 

sounds like f1 2016 was not a bad game in general, it had its faults but not like 2017 problems....codemasters have to fix lots with out creating new bugs, before they can thing about updating general stuff......

F1 2017 isn't that bad, despite what the whingers have been saying they have made it out to be the worse game yet, its far from that, and so far I have found very few issues, and I have been told, for a casual racer I can be pretty harsh on games for PC and Console

echo321 said:
that's a general issue with software-programming, not only at codemasters... Just look at some other games when they bring an update/fix/patch, it often causes something else to bug completely that had nothing to do with the update/fix/patch...
Also, you'll never be able to test and find every issue you created with a new patch. Some bugs are so damn specific even finding them can be a pain.

People who are complaining here should take some programming courses and find out what a struggle it is, only that with a game like that it's a million times worse then what you run into as a beginner.

FRACTURED said:
Ain't it more to do with very limited testing?
No, apparently a lot of issues (DSQ etc) were not spotted in the beta yet showed up in the final game. Any actual limited testing is more down to their terrible beta testing process and their newfound tendency to add things in later builds without proper testing or anyone asking for them. Leave it to CM to be lazy.

echo321 said:
Also, you'll never be able to test and find every issue you created with a new patch. Some bugs are so damn specific even finding them can be a pain.

People who are complaining here should take some programming courses and find out what a struggle it is, only that with a game like that it's a million times worse then what you run into as a beginner.
And don't get me started on the fact that, once you actually become a software developer, you can't even work on things without being given explicit permission to. The whinging, especially from kids like Operator1, really is getting tiresome at this point, especially since their complaints are exaggerated and often misdirected, completely missing the actual problems with CM's development process. It's like these people are playing Dirt 4 instead of F1 2017.

Even when I disagree I like reading operator :(

He's hardly a whinger. I don't see any "OMG YOUR GAME SUCKS I WONT BUY NEXT YEARS GAME UNLESS YOU ADD X, Y, Z" threads.

FRACTURED said:
 Even when I disagree I like reading operator :(

He's hardly a whinger. I don't see any "OMG YOUR GAME SUCKS I WONT BUY NEXT YEARS GAME UNLESS YOU ADD X, Y, Z" threads.

Time to expand my repertoire...

OMG YOUR GAME SUCKS I WONT BUY NEXT YEARS GAME UNLESS YOU ADD PAY-TO-WIN MICRO-TRANSACTIONS & LOOT-BOXES!!1!11!!!

:p