Sign in to follow this  

NEW F12014 GAMEPLAY AT TOKYO SHOW RELEASED!!!!!!

i've just found this video of f1 2014 from the 2014 tokyo game show, check it out here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQTIV-ESU7s

Wow for the first couple of seconds really thought i was looking at f1 2013 and then noted steering wheel and then saw rest of it. I appreciate we are at the end of last gen lifespan but this looks like a real poor effort (sorry codies). I concede haven't seen rest of the game but any hope I harboured for a surprise just died. Surely more could have done to differentiate this title other than just updating cars and roaster. Really annoys me that this despite this disappointment I will prob still get game....just so I can add it to my collection.....otherwise no point in ejecting f1 2013 from console. May have been better just to release some sort of dlc or expansion pack. Even the biggest codies sympathiser will probably be a bit disappointed. 

Ahhh well I am sure the FIFA argument will be applied

i certainly don't like to blatant similarity to the f1 2013 hud and pits area, however i hope it's this quality because 95% of codemasters time is being spent on next-gen f1

i've just found this video of f1 2014 from the 2014 tokyo game show, check it out here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQTIV-ESU7s
Christ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! please get someone from your office to do a gameplay video to show us how the game plays instead of these wallies that have no idea how to go round a corner!!!! PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! :(

Its the little things that are missing to, when he drove out the garage the steering wheel was black I.e. no led screen in the centre.  To me it looks like someone first attempt of modding 2013 to look like 2014

Maybe the player has it on some easy/rule-reduced setting, as there's no damage?
Some tracks have changes: the missing new building at Monaco is present, and the advertising at Singapore reflects real-life Singapore Airlines blue/gold.

Sounds like a weed eater convention.  Although, the Ferrari sounds better than the Merc and its good to see you can actually see out of your mirrors in cockpit view.  Not a total loss, but pretty damn close.  Still think it shouldve been a title update to 2013

I've seen and heard enough. F1 2014 as a gap-filler is fine. UI and everything looks fine. The entirety of the game looks okay. 

My only problem is with the sticky rear end and AI never locking up. The way the AI and physics behave are just not realistic. That's what I am concerned about.

The wheels are totally fine as long as they display relevant and useful information.

My only problem is with the sticky rear end and AI never locking up. The way the AI and physics behave are just not realistic. That's what I am concerned about.
Not to mention tyre wear will no affect them; they will always use max fuel on a magical pattern; the rubber banding; the distance bug; the impossible lap times on qualifying, specially on the wet; and the etc etc bugs that haven't been fixed in 5 tittles in a row happening again.

I couldn't care less about wheels tbh. New gen game already. Scrap this c***

I've never had a problem with AI pace in the wet too. The only problem I see with wet weather pace is the fact that it's too fast. I was doing a race in China the other day and it went from dry to wet and the wet weather laps were only about 3 or 4 seconds slower than the dry. It should be a much bigger difference than that and it should reflect on both us and the AI.

AI times in the wet compared to dry is just stupid. We can be competitive in the dry but in the wet the AI just flies away.
and of course we can now expect Birmingham to have finally fixed this after 5 years in a row...

Have to agree with what matt said, there is no bug that im aware of this year with driving in the wet, I can even look after my tyres better than them it seems as ive often done 1 less pit stop than them in the wet :) When the track is slippery but dry enough for slicks I do struggle compared to there bone dry times but inter/wet conditions there pace is normal imo. Id like to see alot less grip in the wet as there is only 3-5 sec difference and it can be up to 20 on some tracks irl.

AI times in the wet compared to dry is just stupid. We can be competitive in the dry but in the wet the AI just flies away.
Agree. I usually out-pace the AI in the dry, but I tested racing in intermediate conditions (both me and AI on slicks) and the AI steamed past me all the time. Even when I set traction control to full and enabled ABS, I could not stand a chance. Very annoying and unrealistic.

Agree. I usually out-pace the AI in the dry, but I tested racing in intermediate conditions (both me and AI on slicks) and the AI steamed past me all the time. Even when I set traction control to full and enabled ABS, I could not stand a chance. Very annoying and unrealistic.
But some superior skilled beings around aren't able to see a problem with that. 

And they don't know of the distance bug too, which is perhaps one of the most classic ones xD ; those roflmao moments when AI cars begin setting impossible lap times when they are out of sight (they get faster each lap), because isn't fully simulated obviously. These guys are just that good man. Get skill you know 

Did anyone actually see any of the cars in either videos reach 8th gear? I didn't! Anyway, as we were all fearing it has been confirmed that F1 2014 is really a lazy mod of 2013.
No wonder Codies have been so quiet in the build up to release, THEY HAVE NOTHING TO TALK ABOUT AS IT'S THE SAME AS LAST YEAR!

Wanorak said:
Did anyone actually see any of the cars in either videos reach 8th gear? I didn't! Anyway, as we were all fearing it has been confirmed that F1 2014 is really a lazy mod of 2013.
No wonder Codies have been so quiet in the build up to release, THEY HAVE NOTHING TO TALK ABOUT AS IT'S THE SAME AS LAST YEAR!
Well, I have seen drivers this season who did not use their 8th gear either... But I'm pretty sure you can see the 8th gear on the steering wheel of Nico Hulkenberg at Belgium in the F1 2014 hotlap.