Sign in to follow this  

Fastest platform?

After playing ETX's Nascar games there was a difference in speed on track across PS3, 360, & PC. Even the car setup's were a bit different for each platform. Does that happen here too? What made me wonder this is the difference in time on the Eibach Challenge. Almost a half second faster on PC than it is on Xbox & PS3. Now it is completely possible that the faster person on PC wzs just faster.

http://eibach.com/america/en/grid-autosport-eibach-challenge

But, I was just wondering if there is a difference between platforms. I know a couple of people @XoxFlukeXox‌  & @TheKazzyMac‌ that play on Xbox & PC. I am just curious if there is a difference in setups/tuning too. 

I can run some laps at the Indy oval in an Indycar, V8 Supercar, & a Veyron. Not tuned and not upgraded just to see what happens. Between the platforms. I will do an upgraded run too. On Ti e Attaxk and post my fastest lap times after a couple runs. I don't know if I will do tuned/setup runs too. 

Not that I can see,  Im running tracks at the same speeds/times  on both platforms. 

PC just has better graphics,   

It helps having a controller I can use on the PC and on the xbox,  previously I had some cheapo controller for the PC.   Now I have a ferrari thrustmaster disco controller,  with flashing lights............whoop whoop,  LOL

On a more serious note, the eibach site doesn't have our fastest times. I was only 9th on the Racenet leaderboard. Replay ran a 1:15 something, and  few people ran low 1:16's. Honestly, I think it just boils down to who's playing on what system. 

PC should be faster coz of 60fps.
Why do you believe that? 

The PC can display more frames in 1 second than the xbox or ps3,  how is that going to influence any laptimes? 

You do realise that the frame rate, has NO effect on how fast a car will accelerate or its top speed.  

LMAO - are you sure your part of the PC master race???

Did you know if you get a 120 Hz TV, you will go 20% faster than if using a 100Hz?  

ROFLMAO

Why do you believe that? 

The PC can display more frames in 1 second than the xbox or ps3,  how is that going to influence any laptimes? 

You do realise that the frame rate, has NO effect on how fast a car will accelerate or its top speed.  

Did you know if you get a 120 Hz TV, you will go 20% faster than if using a 100Hz?  

ROFLMAO

I think he means more fluid so reaction times can be quicker. mine runs @100FPS mostly and it is very fluid, from some of the videos I have seen of XBox and PS3 it can get a bit choppy sometimes which must affect input from the controller i.e input lag, I personally couldn't play at 30FPS on the PC it would feel slower and less responsive.

Have you tried it on PC with a 120hz monitor? I tried it on XBox once and it felt sluggish, I suppose it is what you are used to though, as which is faster I don't think there is much in it, it would be more down to driver skills.

input lag is a big deal in racing games,and twitch shooter games
That's the one reason I got a 120hz monitor due to mouse input lag in FPS games, makes a huge difference, to be honest though racing games don't really need it, although if I run GAS in 3D it cuts my frames to 60FPS so having the extra helps.

I think a lot of people will notice a difference going from PS3/360 to a PS4/XBone although not in this game, shame really would have been a good comparison.

input lag is a big deal in racing games,and twitch shooter games
That's the one reason I got a 120hz monitor due to mouse input lag in FPS games, makes a huge difference, to be honest though racing games don't really need it, although if I run GAS in 3D it cuts my frames to 60FPS so having the extra helps.

I think a lot of people will notice a difference going from PS3/360 to a PS4/XBone although not in this game, shame really would have been a good comparison.
quick question , would a 240hz monitor be better or just over kill or do they even make a 240hz monitor ?

I dont PC game just wondering

Why do you believe that? 

ROFLMAO

You really are a wise guy guy here, don't you.
And now try to read CAREFULLY what others wrote about that, coz i won't repeat.

ROTFLOLAROTLOL

Learn difference between monitor fps and game fps, learn carefully.
About first comment - its possible coz maybe some files with car setup is different for pc or consoles(as you know consoles has longer time for patches) but i do not realy believe this.

TUSMBOX said:
@diesel4x497‌ I do believe 240hz monitors and televisions exist. 
I have a 240hz TV just didint know about monitors and if would make diffence in PC gaming 

You know when I thought of and started this thread, I had no idea it was going to turn into a hardware discussion. It did not occur to me to think of any of this tech info. 

TUSMBOX said:
@diesel4x497‌ I do believe 240hz monitors and televisions exist. 
I have a 240hz TV just didint know about monitors and if would make diffence in PC gaming 
Not really unless you can pull 240FPS to match the 240hz monitor, the difference between 60FPS/hz and 120/144FPS/hz is quite noticeable and a lot more fluid but the jump to 240 would not be that different.

Also TV's are different to monitors in relation to hz, 120/240hz TV's are not really what they appear, they use double frames to achieve the same thing that a monitor achieves with one, TV's are not so great for gaming due to input lag and high ms response times, not too bad for racing but for shooters they can suffer ghosting and blur.

If I was in the market for a monitor for PC to do everything I would buy a 24" 144hz one that is 3d capable, just make sure you have a decent graphics card to hit over 144FPS consistently to benefit.

You always want your graphics card to produce more frames than your monitor is capable of as you know then you are getting all of the frames, if less you can induce screen tear.

flowaangelz said:c 
Why do you believe that? 

ROFLMAO

ROTFLOLAROTLOL
Yes I've read the comments. No one thinks FPS is going to make you quicker. 

Smoother gameplay yes. 

Faster lap time... NO.  

With regards to the choppy videos, that seems to happen in the recording, it's not actually happening on screen on my xbox.

Why do you believe that? 

ROFLMAO

ROTFLOLAROTLOL

Smoother gameplay yes. 

Faster lap time... NO.  

With regards to the choppy videos, that seems to happen in the recording, it's not actually happening on screen on my xbox.
I thought it was probably recording slowdown but I must say when I tried the XBox the lack of fluidity does actually make it feel slower but as said it wouldn't affect top speed etc but may effect input response time.

Why do you believe that? 

ROFLMAO

ROTFLOLAROTLOL

Smoother gameplay yes. 

Faster lap time... NO.  

More fps means smoother gameplay.
Skillful reading is an art i guess.

Smoother gameplay yes. 

Faster lap time... NO.  

More fps means smoother gameplay.
Skillful reading is an art i guess.

Did I not say that already?

Xbox 360 - Yas Marina - Sierra TT - 1.59.3  --- 30 FPS
PC            - Yas Marina - Sierra TT -  1.59.3 ---  60 FPS

My cars stats do not increase with the frame rate. 

The game runs smoother at 60 FPS on the PC.   THIS DOES NOT MEAN YOUR CARS ARE QUICKER.  

Im not sure what skillful reading is,  I just read whats on the screen.  

Im sorry if you got upset, but the idea of the frame rate making cars faster made me laugh. 
Its not the first time you have said that.  

Its not the first time you have been corrected.  :)