Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Steering issues after patch

CmRachel said:
Hi @Jestifizzle77, no you shouldn't need to uninstall the DS4 software altogether but it's up to you if you want to give that a go.

Hi @TheComedian97, what assists are you using? It could just be that the tyres are locking up. Turning on Anti-Lock Brakes will stop this from happening.

I hope this helps.
The only thing that I have turned off is Braking assistance. It can't be locking tyres. It happens at almost full-throttle corners, mostly when going full-lock. It almost never happens under braking.

For example, the last corner going to the straight in Australia. Full throttle, full lock, and halfway the corner the in game steering wheel straightens out in half a sec, while im still steering full lock right on my controller.

I hope it can be fixed, cause it makes an €60 game nearly unplayable

@CmRachel

Did a weekend without problems. It still stopped steering, but I was able to save the corners. Race day comes, first corner and it happens. Wiped myself and three drivers out. 

So I went out and bought a new controller, and guess what? The steering still stops mid corner! Plus side is that I now have an extra controller, bad side is that it costed €60. Including the game it bas already set me back €120. And the bloody thing is unplayable. Please fix this problem. I really enjoy the game, but this ruins it completly!

PLEASE!!!

@F1Support
@CmRachel

Sorry for the tagging but this problem drives me nuts!!!!

Hi @TheComedian97, sorry for the delay in responding.

We're looking into the issue best we can but it's not an issue that our QA department has been able to reproduce so far. We hope that a future patch will fix the issue for you. Any screenshots you can provide of your Control Scheme Setup and Assists settings might shed some light on the issue.

I'm not entirely sure I'm having the same issue as it seems very minor compared to some of the reports here, but I have noticed since 1.7 that as I come down the long straight in both China and Bahrain that the car pulls ever so slightly to the right as I apply the brakes. Also on a PS4 controller (PC version) it's easily corrected.

It's always after a long straight, and the car pulls in exactly the same place every time (just as I start to squeeze the brake) - if it weren't for the fact that it only started in 1.7 I'd say it was me knocking the stick as I have sensitivity turned up to 100

@CmRachel I have gameplay footage of the bugs in action while testing it out at Baku. Is there a way I can send through the videos? There's three 30 second videos: 2 of the turning bug, 1 of the swerving bug.

Can you upload to YouTube, site accepts link and will post in thread as video. Just don't include any official FOM cutscenes as it will flag them up for removal for copyright infringement!

Last time I had issue like that was in the 16 Beta I was told it was the car reacting to the natural camber in the track on the way up the kemmel at spa. 

The last two are strange though, driver is giving it full/almost full lock and wheels are reacting as if you are on a pad and it's limiting the Input when you get over a certain speed (pCars has some settings for this, SPEED SENSITIVITY / CONTROLLER FILTERING SENSITIVITY, which affected how much lock full lock would be over a given speed) except that speed is way lower than it should be or something.

PS I can't actually help no point tagging me ;)

Hi everyone @crudeterminator, @Macca900, @Killa78, @kingmjj, @Jestifizzle77, @PercocetPanther, @dayers75, @TheComedian97, @severedsolo.

- Which platform are you on?
- Can you list all devices that might be connected to your console/PC while you're playing the game, even input devices that you aren't using to play the game with, please?
- Could you give us any information about how those devices are set up and any Control Scheme you are using.

I appreciate that's a lot of questions so thank you in advance :)

@CmRachel
Im on PC with a Gigabyte P57. I'm using a PS4 controller with DS4 software disabled and not running. I also have no peripheral input devices connected when I run the game. I even turn off the trackpad while I play. No other devices connected by direct link, only printers via wifi.

Rachel, I'm on PS4.

I use the standard, official, DS4 and I have a keyboard plugged into my second USB port...though I did unplug it to see if it made any difference and it has no affect, suggesting it isn't related to the issue.

I use the default control scheme, and haven't adjusted or changed any of the sensitivity settings.

Steam version, ps4 controller configured as a steam controller (but the game seems to recognise it as a ps4 controller) input devices are just a kb and mouse but not touching them while playing, control scheme is the default, but steering sensitivity turned up to 100. Controller drivers are the default windows wired controller driver

CmRachel said:
Hi everyone @crudeterminator, @Macca900, @Killa78, @kingmjj, @Jestifizzle77, @PercocetPanther, @dayers75, @TheComedian97, @severedsolo.

- Which platform are you on?
- Can you list all devices that might be connected to your console/PC while you're playing the game, even input devices that you aren't using to play the game with, please?
- Could you give us any information about how those devices are set up and any Control Scheme you are using.

I appreciate that's a lot of questions so thank you in advance :)
@CmRachel using normal Dualshock controller on PS4 1TB.

Didn't change much. Put DRS under L3, voice chat on R3. All assists on except Braking. That's it. Hope it's clear enough!

Hi @CmRachel i'm on Ps4 with original controller. I The only thing that i have turned off is Braking assistance, and i've set traction control on medium. It happen when i'm on the corner on middle throttle. Thx for your help.

Exact same issue but with PS4 controller. I also thought it was wind at first but it can't be because it only ever swerves to the left and never the right. Also when turning, I will be applying full lock then all of a sudden the wheel straightens out for half a second. I've had to turn flashbacks on because it happens at least 3 times per race.
I have the same thing, going full lock, and mid corner it just straightens. Then I have to release, and go full lock again to make it steer again. I made my own topic about it. I hope it get fixed. I use PS4 DualShock on PS4 btw
Same problem for me

This thread has morphed from a wheel issue to one with Dual Shock 4 controllers by the looks. It's my understanding that DS4 controllers  communicate via bluetooth so you should make sure that your controller has a clear line of sight to your PS4 / PC and if possible turn off or move away any other bluetooth devices you have around. That could include headsets or mobile phones etc.

Let me know if that helps or not.

My DS4 controller is wired in to my PC via USB3 my PC has absolutely no Bluetooth connectivity at all (and even if it did I wouldn't use it, because then I'd have to unpair it from my ps4).

@F1Support it doesn't work (i'm on ps4 with ds4 controller) and the game it's unplayable. 

@severedsolo this is a shot in the dark but you could try deleting any custom controller setups you have in the game and re-creating them to see if that makes any difference. I'm at a bit of a loss as to what else to suggest to be honest.

@Killa78 did you try any of the things in my previous post on this thread? http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/comment/306881/#Comment_306881

F1Support said:
@severedsolo this is a shot in the dark but you could try deleting any custom controller setups you have in the game and re-creating them to see if that makes any difference. I'm at a bit of a loss as to what else to suggest to be honest.

@Killa78 did you try any of the things in my previous post on this thread? http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/comment/306881/#Comment_306881

Yes

@Killa78 are you putting your PS4 in to Rest Mode or do you turn it off? If you use Rest Mode try a reboot, that can't hurt. You could also try pairing the pad with the console again. I'm not sure what else I can suggest TBH :(.