Sign in to follow this  

Invalid time of next lap when cutting a corner in the middle of the out lap

Hi!!!
Is it normal that the time of my next lap gets invalidated when I cut a corner in the middle of my out lap?
Or is this a bug?
I didn't find any rule about this in the internet. I found only about the invalidation of next lap's time when cutting the last corner and I understand this is ok. But also when you cut a corner in the middle of even beginning of the out lap?
Cheers.

It's probably designed that way, without it you could cut a massive part on the Outlap to fit your Hotlap into a very short time left in Quali.

iRaYzOr said:
It's probably designed that way, without it you could cut a massive part on the Outlap to fit your Hotlap into a very short time left in Quali.

This shouldn't matter - I dont think there are any rules in the real F1 regs that state this. Also, if this was the case why shouldn't this happen on a hot lap too? - if for example you lock up and run wide on a corner, your lap is clearly ruined. If you cut a corner mid lap to get back in time for another lap, surely this should be invalidated too? (not just on outlaps)

It is bugged actually, if you cut say the penultimate corner in qualy, then pit and go out again it invalidates your next flying lap.

I also thought like iRaYzOr, but I was not able to find any official F1 Rule about this. And the point explained by Foreverchamps is also a good point! I didn't think about this. So, maybe is this really a bug?

I don't think you would need a rule for that on official F1 because they would probably damage their Car while going Offtrack.

iRaYzOr said:

This shouldn't matter - I dont think there are any rules in the real F1 regs that state this. Also, if this was the case why shouldn't this happen on a hot lap too? - if for example you lock up and run wide on a corner, your lap is clearly ruined. If you cut a corner mid lap to get back in time for another lap, surely this should be invalidated too? (not just on outlaps)
If i'm not mistaken there is actually a rule that states drivers are not allowed to corner cut their way through the outlap