Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

F1 2107 Error: The D3D Device has been removed! Reason: 0x887A0006

@F1Support
In career I've done around 60 laps in Free Practice and Qualifying without any problems.
In the full race (Australia) I had my first Pit stop in lap 19 and around lap 21 the game crashes after the first corner.

Full error message: The D3D Device has been removed. Try updating your drivers, or changing your graphics/texture settings to lower the video RAM requirements.

I'm running the game on a system with: Win10-64b, i7-6700k 4ghz, 16gb Ram, Geforce GTX 1070 8gb
Within Steam the integrity test for F1 2017 gave no issues.
After restarting the game an installation run very quickly, so I have no clue what was installed.

Is there anything I can do to prevend getting this error again?
I have a crash_dump and DxDiag file; how can I share these?
Do I need to fix anything? Since some device has been removed.

In case it helps, (I'm using AMD R9 Nano but same solution might work), I got the exact same error while trying to run F1 2016 this week.

'The D3D Device has been removed. Try updating your drivers, or changing your graphics/texture settings to lower the video RAM requirements'.

But, knowing I had successfully played the game back in April, I uninstalled AMD's latest drivers and installed April drivers. The game now runs perfectly again.

BTW, I only get this problem in triple monitor Eyefinity - it works fine in single monitor, but I'm forced to stay back on the older drivers for now so that I can play this game.

It's worrying to see the same thing is happening with F1 2017, I don't know who should be fixing it - AMD/NVidia/Intel or Codemasters?

But anyway, I have reported it to AMD in the hope they can fix it or talk to Codemasters about it.

It would be helpful if the patch notes told us the driver build it was developed on or tested with for AMD and nVidia platforms. Then if the game doesn't work with the driver version it was tested with we can report to Codemasters.

If it doesn't work on subsequent driver releases, we can roll back to the patch note level or report it to AMD/nVidia. At the moment it is like throwing lucky darts.

@F1Support

I have now discovered more info on this.

As I have a dual boot system (with Windows 7 on one drive and Windows 10 on another), I decided to try installing F1 2016 on Windows 7 with the latest AMD drivers, and lo & behold it works fine.

So Win 7 + latest AMD drivers is ok, but Windows 10 +latest AMD drivers is no go.

So it seems the OS might also have something to do with it.

Lately it is getting more and more difficult to just sit and play a game. I bet I spend at least 3 hours fixing things for every hour spent gaming.

I wish @F1support would comment on this. It is not a small issue.

kmw350 said:

I have now discovered more info on this.

As I have a dual boot system (with Windows 7 on one drive and Windows 10 on another), I decided to try installing F1 2016 on Windows 7 with the latest AMD drivers, and lo & behold it works fine.

So Win 7 + latest AMD drivers is ok, but Windows 10 +latest AMD drivers is no go.

So it seems the OS might also have something to do with it.

Lately it is getting more and more difficult to just sit and play a game. I bet I spend at least 3 hours fixing things for every hour spent gaming.

I wish @F1support would comment on this. It is not a small issue.

Microsoft have "kind of" admitted that Creators Update has problems. They promise Fall Creators Update will fix it. I have spent the last 24 hours trying to get a working Insider build installed/updated to 16281.1000 or higher.

Unfortunately, the Fast ring releases have been borked and I'm stuck on the newest ISO (16251) with it failing to update (5 times and counting).....

Not exactly confidence inspiring, but I get nowhere near the issues with AC, PCARS or the older F1 titles that I've had with F1 2015 onwards.

I have identified that 3rd Party Screen sharing apps can cause problems with the F1 d3d Errors. Do you have any of those installed?

F1 2107

Are you from the future? What are F1 cars like now?  :D :D

Sorry, just had to.

What is a 3rd party screen sharing app? I'm pretty sure I haven't got any, whatever they are.

I use AMD Eyefinity to set up my triple monitors.